Tweede Kamer

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate Tweede Kamer

I like Tweede Kamer
96%
I don't like Tweede Kamer
4%

Total votes: 151

Marok21

Re: Tweede Kamer

Post by Marok21 »

I was there yesterday. The renovatios are still not finished :? so I made only a buy and fly.

I also got the King Hassan (6€/g) and as said before a really good batch. Not so crumbly and stronger :D

la2019

Post by la2019 »

Man, if there ever was a coffeeshop that I thought DIDN'T need renovation, it would be Tweede Kamer. I love the small cafe feel the place had--although I'm sure it's probably more profitable to keep up with the times in terms of decor...
Any word on how the new look might be shaping up?
notsofasteddie

Post by notsofasteddie »

la2019 wrote:Man, if there ever was a coffeeshop that I thought DIDN'T need renovation, it would be Tweede Kamer. I love the small cafe feel the place had--although I'm sure it's probably more profitable to keep up with the times in terms of decor...
Any word on how the new look might be shaping up?
+1

I loved tucking into the alcove at the west-most window and facing south! A private place with a special view!

Hoping they are not moving to "buy & fly!"
Fat_old_dwarf

Post by Fat_old_dwarf »

Still pretty bare, which goes for the menu as well. Was intending to do a B&F (all that's possible at the moment), but the KH was just crumbs, and nothing else seemed that tempting.

Frankly, the only thing I'd have changed about the place was the lack of wifi, which wouldn't have required major upheaval.
Jesscass

Post by Jesscass »

Last week:

Still under renovation but nothing new on the menu so skipped that one.
wietzakje

Post by wietzakje »

king hassan 6 euro very good price for the hash !
Searching for the best weed !
ShakeTheBud

Post by ShakeTheBud »

Refurb is finished and i really think the charme de tweede kamer always had is pretty much gone. King hassan was great tho for 6 bucks.
la2019

Post by la2019 »

Refurb is finished and i really think the charme de tweede kamer always had is pretty much gone.
Ugh...I was afraid to hear that. Any details? What's it look like now?
Fat_old_dwarf

Post by Fat_old_dwarf »

I'm afraid to find out. The whole point of the place – OK, not the whole point, but still – was that it looked like a bruine café. Why would they want to ruin it?

Rusland used to do that all the time, back in the '80s – the bar used to be roughly where it is now, then moved upstairs, then back down, then up, and I'm sure I must have missed a few there. But it always retained its charm, at least until the latest incarnation. I can't understand why they'd go through all the disruption and expense every year or so. Maybe it's more understandable with TK, because after a couple of decades you might be a bit tired of it, but I'll miss the old look. And now there's no justification at all for not having wifi, if it isn't functioning as a time machine.
wietzakje

Post by wietzakje »

king hassan 6 euros nice as always
and bought some sunrise 8 euros
but this was a darker softer hash
it looked really good taste was ok also for the price !
Searching for the best weed !
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

King Hassan (6€/g) - New batch... it pretty looks like a very high quality moroccan hash :shock: it reminds me of the white choco block hash from Boerejongens but darker and oiler... also the texture is superb. It has a pretty strong smell compared to even higher priced hashes. It smelled like it´s made with foreign genetics (maybe White Choco) but it also had a strong hashy smell. The taste is exactly like the smell and super intense. Potency is definetly strong enough especially for 6€/g :D Overall it´s still very nice for the price but it´s more like a block hash than a blonde maroccan hash like before... a question of taste... It would be interessting to hear what others think about that hash... so when someone is in the near please try it :mrgreen:
Fat_old_dwarf

Post by Fat_old_dwarf »

I don't need much persuasion...
kushy

Post by kushy »

King Hassan is great for rosin making, yeilds at least 50% and is relatively stable and easy to handle, unlike some hash I've squished. The new batch I brought yesterday does look a bit darker, will get the hair straighteners out later!
darkglobe

Post by darkglobe »

€6 pgm... :shock: ...I'm at present smoking Katsu's King Hassan at €10 pgm which is very tasty but not the best by any means,So i'm wondering how TK's €6 stuff compares,if any of you have tried both ...or any other fine examples of KH...it being one of my faves :) I'll be back in 2 weeks to sample it,when i was in TK last week i had the very beautifully squishy,oily Noor,most highly recomended :mrgreen:
"That cats something i can't explain"
ZBeebs

Post by ZBeebs »

kushy wrote: Mon 6th Feb 2017 08:28 am King Hassan is great for rosin making, yeilds at least 50% and is relatively stable and easy to handle, unlike some hash I've squished. The new batch I brought yesterday does look a bit darker, will get the hair straighteners out later!
What technique do you use for hash? With buds I smash them in parchment paper with the straightener. Anything else you need to do when pressing hash?
Why drink and drive when you can smoke and fly?