Rokerij

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate Rokerij

I like Rokerij
88%
I don't like Rokerij
12%

Total votes: 180

hasj

Re: Rokerij

Post by hasj »

3.2. The contents of the report of November 2, 2011 contains a reflection of what took place in an investigation under the code name Fotino and some case files from that investigation. The record shows that among 30 March 2009 by British authorities intercepted a cool trailer containing 250 pounds of cannabis. Also on 25 September 2009 raided a warehouse in Alphen where a large amount of narcotics seized. It also appears that on 10 and 11 november 2009, two drug shipments have been intercepted near the German border where also a large quantity of narcotics were seized. The record is also the involvement of [shareholder] in these offenses forward.

# on #! on #
stints

Post by stints »

damn :(
James_53

Post by James_53 »

Just got back from my 3 day stay in Amsterdam, and this being my fav shop from my last year visit, I spent a lot of time here this trip, was there till closing time last night and bought by far my favourite weed of the trip, the big Buddha cheese, i usually don't buy the cheese ones because they make me really lazy , but this one was outstanding, big buds, very smelly and smoked great, rolled a little one and then left at closing time, and rolled the rest back at the hotel and it gave me the best high!, couldn't stop laughing. Highly recommend it. Bought the amg exclusive aswell, as i always like to buy this from here atleast once every trip as I just love the taste and the high.
StillSmokin

Post by StillSmokin »

Oh no :( that doesn't make good reading at all:
2.3. In the contested decision, the defendant operating licenses and the toleration of coffee shops Rokerij statements I, II and III withdrawn while the addresses are also deleted from the list of establishments where the sale of soft drugs is tolerated. Furthermore, defendant coffeeshops a burden imposed for the operation of coffee shops to cease and continue to take effect two weeks after dispatch of the contested decision, failing which coercive action will be applied.
But what with all the translated legal speak I can't really figure out if this is just a temporary/provisional, or in other words are all the Rokerij's going to close temporarily or close permanently? :cry:

Always normally make Rokerij my first and last stop, as I've never had any hassle for carting a suitcase in there, the smoke has always been good, and you can see the train station, so no matter how wrecked just before leaving it would be virtually impossible to get lost!
wietroker

Post by wietroker »

These sounds like some pretty massive charges. I highly doubt any of those branches will reopen.

Very sad if this is the case.

A better than average store I've never heard anyone say a bad word about.

What I'm not sure about though is why the judgement doesn't mention the Rokerij on the Amstel. Is this one independent from the other three?
Lazy_Buddha

Post by Lazy_Buddha »

Wow!
I hope they open again soon, Rokerij on Singel was always my first stop in the 'dam, one gram of Laughing Buddha and chill after traveling. I'll really miss them if they're gone!:-(
geekymonkey

Post by geekymonkey »

Wow- big news. It appears the Rokerij on Amstel isn't listed. From what I can tell by reading this is still "contested" so not finalized yet, but I suspect RIP Rokerij I, II, & III.
Because life is too short to smoke bad bud.
Uncle Ron

Post by Uncle Ron »

Does this mean I don't have to post the grow report? :shock: :wink: :lol:
Seriously, not good if there's anything to this...
hasj

Post by hasj »

# on #! on #
Uncle Ron

Post by Uncle Ron »

Thanks hasj.
From the link...
"The mayor of Amsterdam has revoked the licenses of a coffeeshop. In three coffee shops whose license has been revoked, besides the applicant, a partner involved who is suspected of dealing in narcotics. Because that company to a large extent, would affect the operation of the fourth coffee shop, is also revoked the license of that coffee."

The four C/S's are Big Fun and the three Rokerij.
"The applicant operates a coffee shop located at the address Amstel 8 in Amsterdam. For this coffee shop, at the time called smokehouse IV, the defendant on 19 August 2010 the applicant to operate with a corresponding tolerance statement. The trade of smokehouse IV is a coffee shop changed to December 27, 2011 Big Fun."
"The applicant is part of a general partnership consisting of two partners, the applicant and Mr [shareholder] ([shareholder]). This partnership operates three coffee shops. It concerns the coffeeshops I smokehouse located at Long Leidsedwarsstraat 41, Amsterdam, smokehouse II located on the Singel 8 in Amsterdam and smokehouse III located at Elandsgracht 53 in Amsterdam."

Wholly shitte.... :shock: :shock: :shock:
Old'skool Paul

Post by Old'skool Paul »

NOOOOO!!ive just come back after going to all 4!i didnt know about the one near Biba but the Leidsplien and station ones were the main ones this time.Closing sunday.All 4 ive been told.polotics are complicated to why but thats not the point!The point is that 4 more cool sections of freedom have gone next week with no hope of return.The Rockery will be soo missed by me,The decor in L/spln C.S is prob in the top 5 C.S of splendid places to chill in town.and im going now cos im feeling really sad about this.I was there last night with 3 french girls and i just kept staring at the gig cirular murial on the wall that stands for change and i was thinking how true but how sad aswell :(

BIG R.I.P ROKERIJ!!!!!!!!!!MUCH LOVE AND THANKS 4 THE YEARS
wietroker

Post by wietroker »

Old'skool Paul wrote:NOOOOO!!ive just come back after going to all 4!i didnt know about the one near Biba but the Leidsplien and station ones were the main ones this time.Closing sunday.All 4 ive been told.polotics are complicated to why but thats not the point!The point is that 4 more cool sections of freedom have gone next week with no hope of return.The Rockery will be soo missed by me,The decor in L/spln C.S is prob in the top 5 C.S of splendid places to chill in town.and im going now cos im feeling really sad about this.I was there last night with 3 french girls and i just kept staring at the gig cirular murial on the wall that stands for change and i was thinking how true but how sad aswell :(

BIG R.I.P ROKERIJ!!!!!!!!!!MUCH LOVE AND THANKS 4 THE YEARS
yeah the Leidseplein one has always been a magnet for chicks I've noticed.
Panog

Post by Panog »

RIP Rokerij, I'll particulary miss the one near Muntplein
Con-er-sir

Post by Con-er-sir »

Wow.. This is big news, can't believe it, and unfortunately these won't be the last shops closed. There will be a few more in the near future I've been told due to mayor decisions :(
pengaldinho

Post by pengaldinho »

I never like the Rokerij chain, on my last visit I remember smelling 6 tubs and the were all the same generic shite. But it is sad to see any shop close.
http://www.youtube.com/user/HinduDeathCabbage" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;