Rokerij

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate Rokerij

I like Rokerij
88%
I don't like Rokerij
12%

Total votes: 180

highlyblessed

Re: Rokerij

Post by highlyblessed »

Con-er-sir wrote:Wow.. This is big news, can't believe it, and unfortunately these won't be the last shops closed. There will be a few more in the near future I've been told due to mayor decisions :(
true ,the extase closed this week i think, we knew about rokerij closing for long time,but no its all official
http://translate.google.co.uk/translate ... md%3Dimvns
never been a favorite of mine but all closures a shame :(
bleeesssssssssssssss

matty223

Post by matty223 »

shitty news
wietroker

Post by wietroker »

BigDanHaze

Post by BigDanHaze »

Wow! this is sure bad news.
I alwayys enjoyed these shops the one on Elandsgracht is the best shop in the area IMO. I will really miss the AMG from here. RIP Rokerij
rigsby420

Post by rigsby420 »

I may be well off the mark here but has Rokerij 3 not changed to 'Big Fun Coffeeshop' ?
If so is it still affected by all this :?:
InOudeZuid

Post by InOudeZuid »

rigsby420 wrote:I may be well off the mark here but has Rokerij 3 not changed to 'Big Fun Coffeeshop' ?
If so is it still affected by all this :?:
Big Fun is also closing.
wietroker

Post by wietroker »

Tokers enjoying last night of Rokerij ever:

http://instagr.am/p/ICzn9Enwbt/
woodz60

Post by woodz60 »

I am sorry to see ANY coffeeshop closing, especially Rokerij on Amstel. I enjoyed visiting there a few times, and found out the hard way not to sit right by the front door during the winter (that's not a seat, that's a heater!) Loved the atmosphere and smokes. To me, it doesn't seem like 'here comes a big batch of coffeeshop closings-' it appears as though the owners/investors had shady dealings going on and these caused their downfall, but what do I know.... At least I still have Rokerij my t-shirt!

RIP Rokerij :(
I may be stoned, but don't take me for granite...
Dave J

Post by Dave J »

When all these places get closed down due to loss of licence etc what are the chances of them becoming smoker friendly bars instead?. I went to the 1 on Singel several years ago, loved it and seems the others are just as good. Cant any of them simply get an alcohol licence instead and operate as a smoker friendly bar to try and make a go of things that way and keep the interior as it was prior to closing or is that just wishfull thinking?.
Uncle Ron

Post by Uncle Ron »

Dave J wrote:When all these places get closed down due to loss of licence etc what are the chances of them becoming smoker friendly bars instead?. I went to the 1 on Singel several years ago, loved it and seems the others are just as good. Cant any of them simply get an alcohol licence instead and operate as a smoker friendly bar to try and make a go of things that way and keep the interior as it was prior to closing or is that just wishfull thinking?.
Good question...
Something for the lawyers to figure out. Would the owners, being convicted of drug trafficking and their license to sell cannabis revoked, be qualified to apply for an alcohol license for an establishment that would allow the use of cannabis? Since I put it that way, sounds like they would have a snowballs chance in hell. :shock: :lol: :mrgreen:

If the members-only law is applied in full force, what of the smoker-friendly establishments?
I see many spot checks in their future, many will loose their licenses, maybe.
They may not become members only, but they will most likely become Dutch-Only.
For tourists, this will put the kabosh on any hopes of hanging out at smoker friendly places.

Rokerij, I already miss ya... :cry:
wietroker

Post by wietroker »

Yep, and without alcohol the place would hardly make anything.

I remember the Sensi Seeds coffeeshop stopped selling weed (I think they had a license a long time ago) and it was one of my favourite places to hang out but eventually they just converted it into a seed shop. Probably makes more money that way. Selling weed or booze is the lifeblood of these places.
Roobarb

Post by Roobarb »

RIP Rokerij
They weren't my favourite shops but never good to see

quote="wietroker"]Tokers enjoying last night of Rokerij ever:

http://instagr.am/p/ICzn9Enwbt/[/quote]

WTF is up with the middle guy

"the weed was so good it blew my pants off man"
woodz60

Post by woodz60 »

Dave J wrote:When all these places get closed down due to loss of licence etc what are the chances of them becoming smoker friendly bars instead?. I went to the 1 on Singel several years ago, loved it and seems the others are just as good. Cant any of them simply get an alcohol licence instead and operate as a smoker friendly bar to try and make a go of things that way and keep the interior as it was prior to closing or is that just wishfull thinking?.
If I read the court document correctly, the address becomes 'toxic' and can no longer house a business that is in any way related to cannabis. Let me know if I am way off base on this.
I may be stoned, but don't take me for granite...
gromit

Post by gromit »

i guess ill not be in this poll,....just missed out ,..rats,............. :o
highlyblessed

Post by highlyblessed »

Uncle Ron wrote:
Good question...
Something for the lawyers to figure out. Would the owners, being convicted of drug trafficking and their license to sell cannabis revoked, be qualified to apply for an alcohol license for an establishment that would allow the use of cannabis? Since I put it that way, sounds like they would have a snowballs chance in hell. :shock: :lol: :mrgreen:

If the members-only law is applied in full force, what of the smoker-friendly establishments?
I see many spot checks in their future, many will loose their licenses, maybe.
They may not become members only, but they will most likely become Dutch-Only.
For tourists, this will put the kabosh on any hopes of hanging out at smoker friendly places.

Rokerij, I already miss ya... :cry:
the weed pass is not coming,so forget about any ideas about dutch mebers only bollox :lol:
the owner of the rokerij wouldnt be allowed to open a bar with this conviction anyway,the goverment have taken the buildings i think,they up for auction at the min,im pretty sure that they have horeca 3 license,with means that it can be used for various horeca,alcohol/bar included
if a bar is toker freindly is up to the bar,only way they would tell you not to let people smoke weed in your bar is if there was some kind nusaince caused by it,neighbours etc..

bleesssssssssss