Rokerij

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate Rokerij

I like Rokerij
88%
I don't like Rokerij
12%

Total votes: 180

Lemming
Site Admin

Rokerij

Post by Lemming »

Please vote in the poll and click on PostReply to add a comment.

ACD pages:
Rokerij (Lange Leidsedwarsstraat)
Rokerij II (Singel)
Rokerij III (Amstel)
Rokerij IV (Elandsgracht)
Last edited by Lemming on Fri 2nd May 2008 05:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Valo

Post by Valo »

Have only visited the original Rokerij and found the atmosphere and decor of the shop to be most relaxing and just had a real nice mellow mood to the shop. A mixture of insence and weed lingered in the air too.

Although I found the shop itself and the weed to be very good, the budtender was as grumpy as hell and even the female behind the bar snapped at my friend to take his cap off - not friendly staff in the slightest.

Hasn't put me off from a future visit, although if I got the same attitude in service I would certainly think twice then!
~ Is that a grinder in your pocket? ~
T MON€Y

Post by T MON€Y »

Yeh, it was a tough decision, but i like the Rokerij, the original one near the leidesplein anyway. It was the first of the four i visted and i wasn't that impressed with the others.

The Rokerij is the only coffeeshop i've stayed in for a really long period of time (it was dark when i left!) halfway throught the evening,a dj came on which was cool, and it was a mellow atmosphere, the weed isn't spectacular, usual strains, so bring your own, but definitely check it out. Oh yeh, the staff are a bit rude, but what can ya do?

Anyone that knows the layout, at the back near the dealer, i was sitting up in the raised area, and accidently kicked over my bong, down the two steps, and it spilled everywhere! :oops: The place was packed and no one noticed!! ha ha!! :D I guess everyone was super chilled!
grandpoohbah

Post by grandpoohbah »

:lol: nice place, average weed, staff are ok as long as you are to, no hat rule can piss you off but hey.....its only a hat. spent a good few hours in here over the last few days, queens night was booming and i left totally buckeled...good music, depending on the dj.....
weed will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no weed.
boesemani

Post by boesemani »

I've only been to two Rokerij coffeeshops and so far the one on Lange Leidsedwarsstraat is my favourite.

Nice relaxed ambiance and friendly staff.

boesemani
Boner

Post by Boner »

I've only been once and that was to the one on the Singel where I tried the SilverPearl which was very 'fresh' and tasty and the Royal something hash which was ok I'm not a huge light hash smoker I prefer the darker hashes like Temple Ball!
Being pedantic and knobbish since 1972
holyLAN

Post by holyLAN »

Number I is usually very crowded but it's easy to get in touch with people. I like the seperation butween the pub-like bar area in the front and the temple-like rear with lower seats to chill out. Good selection of weed and DJs, sometimes very loud though.
The other shops are smaller jobs but also nicely decorated, good places to stop by if you happen to be around.
THERE IS NO GRAVITY
THE WORLD SUCKS
Max Flower

Post by Max Flower »

The Rokerij 2 at the top of the singel is a great place for people watching, It's way cool to see some peoples reactions as they see you taking a giant haul of a cone joint. This Moroccan themed shop is a bit dark and has low seating and some cushions to lounge about on.

I bought their 'Christmas polm' and and some 'Blueberry', I thought both were fairly decent smoke. It's the location that really does it for me here. Plus it's just around the corner from another of my fav's Siberie.

MF
purist

Post by purist »

Has anyone been to the newest (4th) Rokerij yet?

Its to the west of the city, somewhere around Grey Area/Amnesia sort of area I think?

Popped into the one by Leidseplein on our recent trip and picked up some Stardust which was ok, nothing amazing, but unfortunately couldnt sit in as it was packed.
Steveyt

Post by Steveyt »

The visit to this coffeeshop was a weird one. After ordering our drinks from the bar and sitting down i decided id buy some smoke. I went to the dealer and a customer was already there, so i waitied. After the dude infront orderd his smokes i got to the desk. Having a quick look at the menu i decided on my purchase, but the dealer wouldnt sell it to me saying i needed ID.

Now i can understand weed shops having to ID people as ive worked in bars a lot and its the same kind of principle., but on this occassion i had left my passport and wallet in my hotels safe box.

Now it might sound like sour grapes, but the guy who had just bought weed from the dealer was no way over 21. If he had come to my bar i would have asked for id and thats at 18.

Ok, so i can't buy any weed, thats fair enough. Im about to sit down with my friend who had already bought us two drinks, when this women comes up to us and says we have to leave. We leave without causing a fuss even tho we have payed for two drinks.

Im quite a chilled dude and like i said we left straight away without complaining about buying the drinks.

All in all i was disapointed. Maybe we just didnt look right or something but the Rokerij was a big disapointment although it did look great iside. A nice chilled atmosphere it seemed, shame i didnt get to really experience it

:(
sonicblue

Well The T-Shirts Are Cool

Post by sonicblue »

I like my Rokerij t-shirt.

The smoke though I have had mixed results from the best White Widow I have ever sampled to totally forgettable stuff I flushed down the toilet.

The atmosphere is/can be cool though sometimes other tourist can ruin the vibe.

I'm neutral on this shop.
My thoughts are free.
Drugsbunny

Post by Drugsbunny »

I like this place a good selection of smoke i think tried free tibet.

Good atmosphere and happy staff.

Comfy once you get used to the seating.
upahill_chris

Post by upahill_chris »

A past favourite.

Popped in once on our last visit much to our dissapointment.

Rude staff and average weed from a once above average shop.

I'd rather sit in a bulldog, that says enough !
back2thedam

Post by back2thedam »

bit of a pub really
CityLiver

Post by CityLiver »

how crowded will the leidesplein rookerij get after work on fridays (say, 5:30ish)?

thanks in advance
Are we having beer yet?
-- Zoopy, Zippy's drunk brother