Het Ballonnetje

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate Ballonnetje

I like Ballonnetje
95%
I don't like Ballonnetje
5%

Total votes: 81

DjShaggy

Re: Het Ballonnetje

Post by DjShaggy »

No matter how many times I try, the bastards at weatherspoons will not let me bring a few cans of my own beer in.

ignoring spellcheck since 1986
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

I have a foot firmly in both sides of this camp. With my opinion guided largely by the establishments size more than anything else.

No establishment paying the kind of commercial rents and licencing fees Amsterdam cofffeeshops are subject to will survive on selling crap Coffee, Looza's and Mars bars alone. The 'profit' from that wouldn't be worth getting out of bed for - if it exists at all. So unless they're able to compete with Starbucks et al, which they're not - the existence of the commercial marketplace is 100% governed by and relies upon the sale of Cannabis.

So personally I don't mind being asked to go elsewhere if I'm not buying - epecially at busy times as there are plenty of other places to choose from that do only require a cheap bevarage as the cost of entry, and I always make a point of asking if personal consumption is my intention; as any assumptions on my part are only likely to lead to disappointment. This hasn't always been the case if I'm honest - there have been a few huffs-and-puffs over the years when crippled by those cobbles my ankles have needed a rest and spending north of €10 just to sit down has at times felt like a piss-take.

But after two decades of running a company that employs others and serves a clientle base - I've come to deeply understand the value of my time. And have a firm appreciation of the level of risk, commitment and elbow-grease it takes to keep a company running day-in day-out. So these days I try and treat a visit to a business establishment like I'd treat a visit to someones home. Largely because as a business owner - I feel quite strongly that anyone barging into the room and expecting me to work for them at a minutes notice on their terms is likely to lead to disappointment on their part (putting it mildly).

On the flip side of that - putting myself in a proprietors postion: For a frequent visitor (or perhaps when being posed a polite request for refuge - see above) - I would probably make exceptions dependent on a number of factors: Traffic Vs space tradeoff, number in party, ned Vs literate (joking-ish) etc.

Some establishments fare better than others in this regard. The Balloon isn't exactly large so I've always been highly surprised and very grateful indeed for their willingness to forgo profits (in fact - clearly run at a large loss) for a number of hours on the busiest day of the cannabis calendar for a bunch of people that mainly only visit the city once or twice a year. I get why they'd want to restrict access to lower-paying customers. Prix D'ami? Not so much.
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

OneHighMofo wrote: Wed 14th Nov 2018 01:04 pm I have a foot firmly in both sides of this camp. With my opinion guided largely by the establishments size more than anything else.

No establishment paying the kind of commercial rents and licencing fees Amsterdam cofffeeshops are subject to will survive on selling crap Coffee, Looza's and Mars bars alone. The 'profit' from that wouldn't be worth getting out of bed for - if it exists at all. So unless they're able to compete with Starbucks et al, which they're not - the existence of the commercial marketplace is 100% governed by and relies upon the sale of Cannabis.

So personally I don't mind being asked to go elsewhere if I'm not buying - epecially at busy times as there are plenty of other places to choose from that do only require a cheap bevarage as the cost of entry, and I always make a point of asking if personal consumption is my intention; as any assumptions on my part are only likely to lead to disappointment. This hasn't always been the case if I'm honest - there have been a few huffs-and-puffs over the years when crippled by those cobbles my ankles have needed a rest and spending north of €10 just to sit down has at times felt like a piss-take.

But after two decades of running a company that employs others and serves a clientle base - I've come to deeply understand the value of my time. And have a firm appreciation of the level of risk, commitment and elbow-grease it takes to keep a company running day-in day-out. So these days I try and treat a visit to a business establishment like I'd treat a visit to someones home. Largely because as a business owner - I feel quite strongly that anyone barging into the room and expecting me to work for them at a minutes notice on their terms is likely to lead to disappointment on their part (putting it mildly).

On the flip side of that - putting myself in a proprietors postion: For a frequent visitor (or perhaps when being posed a polite request for refuge - see above) - I would probably make exceptions dependent on a number of factors: Traffic Vs space tradeoff, number in party, ned Vs literate (joking-ish) etc.

Some establishments fare better than others in this regard. The Balloon isn't exactly large so I've always been highly surprised and very grateful indeed for their willingness to forgo profits (in fact - clearly run at a large loss) for a number of hours on the busiest day of the cannabis calendar for a bunch of people that mainly only visit the city once or twice a year. I get why they'd want to restrict access to lower-paying customers. Prix D'ami? Not so much.
Ironically one of the posts on here the other day inspired me to go give Prix another looks for a chilled sesh (no herbage) I went in beelined straight for the refreshments (rather than bud) counter - not so much as a second glance "here's your Strawberry looza - you may kindly fuck off upstairs" piece o' piss.
samuraiwriter

Post by samuraiwriter »

In all the years I've visited XXX, yearly since 2004, I don't think I have ever visited a CS w/out buying cannabis. Sometimes it is just a pre-rolled that I do not even enjoy while at the shop, favoring something I bought elsewhere. Honestly, I always just kind of assumed it was required of tourists.

Locals/Regulars, I see why that may not be the case.
DjShaggy

Post by DjShaggy »

I walked into coffeeshop Pacific at around 11 one evening, I didn’t want to go there but it was near my hotel, late ish and I just wanted to smoke one more. there were 2 customers in the smoking area, and one older fella working there. I came in and asked for a coke, he asked if I wanted to smoke I said yes if that’s ok, no he said you must purchase here to smoke here. Ok I looked at the lacking menu, what do you recommend? Amnesia he said. I have plenty of amnesia already, walked out rolled a joint on the windowsill and walked to my hotel

Bet any money het balloonetje would have let me stay in those circumstances

Now if the shop was busy...
private_press

Post by private_press »

DjShaggy wrote: Wed 14th Nov 2018 08:59 am No matter how many times I try, the bastards at weatherspoons will not let me bring a few cans of my own beer in.
:lol: Now when you put it in 'spoons terms... that kinda makes more sense haha.
Schroom

Post by Schroom »

yeah juat with the min 1g it's like, "sure come into our Bar, but you have to buy at least one bottle of whiskey and drink it here"
samuraiwriter

Post by samuraiwriter »

Schroom wrote: Fri 16th Nov 2018 07:06 am yeah juat with the min 1g it's like, "sure come into our Bar, but you have to buy at least one bottle of whiskey and drink it here"
I drink $20 a bottle Wild Turkey 101, so what you say rings true.

It is pretty incredible what 1g of cannabis can cost you in XXX. That said, once a year, I'll gladly get bent over the proverbial barrel. :lol:
CopenhagenCouple

Post by CopenhagenCouple »

Today:

Honey maroc, 5 g for 40 €. Chocolate brown hash with nice oil content and pretty strong woody notes, also some sweetness and floral undertones. Pretty good effects, stoney and relaxing, fair value for the money but maybe not everyone's cup of tea...

Blue Dream, smells and looks good, haven't sampled yet.
Always know where your towel is! :wtf: :lol:
kalima

Post by kalima »

CopenhagenCouple wrote: Fri 16th Nov 2018 02:10 pm Today:

Honey maroc, 5 g for 40 €. Chocolate brown hash with nice oil content and pretty strong woody notes, also some sweetness and floral undertones. Pretty good effects, stoney and relaxing, fair value for the money but maybe not everyone's cup of tea...

Blue Dream, smells and looks good, haven't sampled yet.
have you had buy chance a look at the raspberry cough ?
CopenhagenCouple

Post by CopenhagenCouple »

Yup, was the one we were going for, but dealer lady turned us into Blue Dream. Performs meh 8n oax, suspect light bowl was cause, but looks kinda miss when inspected closer...
Always know where your towel is! :wtf: :lol:
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

CopenhagenCouple wrote: Fri 16th Nov 2018 06:24 pm Yup, was the one we were going for, but dealer lady turned us into Blue Dream. Performs meh 8n oax, suspect light bowl was cause, but looks kinda miss when inspected closer...
have a great trip you two :) I'm jealous! :mrgreen:
DjShaggy

Post by DjShaggy »

Schroom wrote: Fri 16th Nov 2018 07:06 am yeah juat with the min 1g it's like, "sure come into our Bar, but you have to buy at least one bottle of whiskey and drink it here"
Each to their own, I put about 0.7-0.8 in a spliff (without tobacco) at home, wacking the full gram in doesn’t really phase me when I’m on holiday.
Smirks

Post by Smirks »

I think this is a good thread to tell you about this amazing Coffeeshop I once went to. I don’t want to tell you it’s real name or location as I wouldn’t want to spoil its amazing atmosphere and vibe by it becoming too crowded, which might make the owner think again about continuing to run it as it is now. Suffice to say, if you know, you know.

I’ll call it Cannabis Club Tropicana for now. They have almost every strain that’s ever been grown and a limitless supply of each, all for bargain basement prices, despite all being perfectly grown pesticide-free examples. I’m talking €3-€5 for overdealt grams (usually you get 1.1g or 1.2g but 1.4g is not unknown if the bud tender takes a liking to you and you are nice and respectful to them). Fun and laugher abound and there’s always enough for everyone.

They have three different chill out areas all with their own theme and waiter service in all of them. It’s a great place, and as you’d expect, drinks are free. They have a huge selection of bongs and vapes, all top of the range and no deposit required to use them. They don’t even mind if one gets accidentally broken, they just replace it with a brand new one if that happens.

They also have a garden you can sit in, with covered tables to keep you cool in the everlasting sunshine. There’s even a steam running through it and a waterfall, which pours down into a walled section of the garden in which unicorns frollick for the customers’ amusement.

They don’t even require you to like their page on fb in order to access their free WiFi. It’s great, you should all check it out some time...if you can find it.
Willjay

Post by Willjay »

Smirks wrote: Sat 17th Nov 2018 10:30 am I think this is a good thread to tell you about this amazing Coffeeshop I once went to. I don’t want to tell you it’s real name or location as I wouldn’t want to spoil its amazing atmosphere and vibe by it becoming too crowded, which might make the owner think again about continuing to run it as it is now. Suffice to say, if you know, you know.

I’ll call it Cannabis Club Tropicana for now. They have almost every strain that’s ever been grown and a limitless supply of each, all for bargain basement prices, despite all being perfectly grown pesticide-free examples. I’m talking €3-€5 for overdealt grams (usually you get 1.1g or 1.2g but 1.4g is not unknown if the bud tender takes a liking to you and you are nice and respectful to them). Fun and laugher abound and there’s always enough for everyone.

They have three different chill out areas all with their own theme and waiter service in all of them. It’s a great place, and as you’d expect, drinks are free. They have a huge selection of bongs and vapes, all top of the range and no deposit required to use them. They don’t even mind if one gets accidentally broken, they just replace it with a brand new one if that happens.

They also have a garden you can sit in, with covered tables to keep you cool in the everlasting sunshine. There’s even a steam running through it and a waterfall, which pours down into a walled section of the garden in which unicorns frollick for the customers’ amusement.

They don’t even require you to like their page on fb in order to access their free WiFi. It’s great, you should all check it out some time...if you can find it.
I went there once in my dreams it’s a great place
www.stopthedrugwar.org
www.mpp.org
www.drugpolicy.org