Het Ballonnetje

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate Ballonnetje

I like Ballonnetje
95%
I don't like Ballonnetje
5%

Total votes: 81

Fat_old_dwarf

Re: Het Ballonnetje

Post by Fat_old_dwarf »

If you're using 'British' in the sense of a pointless legal fiction, the way you used to have to order food at certain times of day in the UK in order to get a drink, you're probably right. My impression is that the law gave them an excuse to close down a few coffeeshops without affecting the city as a tourist destination, so a compromise between the puritan types and the practical ones. It's not as though Dutch teens haven't got feet, and aren't capable of walking or cycling.

kalima

Post by kalima »

yes that the law says this, even though common sense says this. i thought it was only us doing that, i sort of thought that Europe were bit more "grown" up, but as you say it is an excuse for them to close coffeeshops down, and i know that the rightwing parties/politicions have been working hard to close coffeeshops,
hdavison5

Post by hdavison5 »

here's a review I wrote for Het Ballonnetje :)

https://theduber.club/weblog/2017/09/20 ... op-review/
SmokerAMS

Post by SmokerAMS »

hdavison5 wrote: Wed 20th Sep 2017 06:56 pm here's a review I wrote for Het Ballonnetje :)

This is a really great review for Het Ballonnetje, they really are a top coffee-shop, as i've mentioned in my other posts, if your willing to do an extra few minutes walking, you'll save so much money and have a really pleasant experience. I've lived close-by for a while and i recommend the place to everyone, really is top tier when it comes to strains and prices.
Lafe

Post by Lafe »

SmokerAMS wrote: Thu 21st Sep 2017 01:04 am
hdavison5 wrote: Wed 20th Sep 2017 06:56 pm here's a review I wrote for Het Ballonnetje :)

This is a really great review for Het Ballonnetje, they really are a top coffee-shop, as i've mentioned in my other posts, if your willing to do an extra few minutes walking, you'll save so much money and have a really pleasant experience. I've lived close-by for a while and i recommend the place to everyone, really is top tier when it comes to strains and prices.
And if you walk yet another block you find Kriterion. You can't smoke there, but you can get beer, coffee, tostis, and other stuff. It is chilled as imaginable with a great window on the street. I like to toke up at Ballonnetje, then chill at Kriterion, hopefully with a window seat for people watching. Check it out, you'll be glad you did.
"Laif" with a long "a".
SmokerAMS

Post by SmokerAMS »

Lafe wrote: Thu 21st Sep 2017 05:30 pm
SmokerAMS wrote: Thu 21st Sep 2017 01:04 am

And if you walk yet another block you find Kriterion. You can't smoke there, but you can get beer, coffee, tostis, and other stuff. It is chilled as imaginable with a great window on the street. I like to toke up at Ballonnetje, then chill at Kriterion, hopefully with a window seat for people watching. Check it out, you'll be glad you did.
I've not yet had the pleasure of visiting Kriterion, but a beer on the way home sounds like a nice idea. Next time I stop by Ballonnetje i'm going to take your route home and report back on how the experience was :D
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

2nd visit for me here and I can just confirm the good revíews from CC and others wich I really enjoyed :D

I smoke more hash generally... so there are many mainly "newer" weed strains that I still didn´t tried yet... well I don´t have to try every strain but from some strains I heard from different people that they are killer so I will check that up myself :mrgreen:
On my first visit to Het Ballonnetje I already noticed that their weed seems to be pretty well done. I only tried the G13 before but it burnt beautiful white and was lovely to smoke. All the strains they showed us was well smelling and looking. So I decide the Het Ballonnetje is a good spot to try some of that "new" Strains :mrgreen:

I asked the friendly dealer lady if I could take a look on their Girls Scout Cookies and Cheesedawg... I decide to try both :D

Girl Scout Cookies (14,50€/g) - To be honest I tried that strain one time before when it was pretty "new" in Amsterdam... it was from Coffeeshop Funky Monkey (2012 maybe^^) but it was nearly tasteless :lol: so can´t really compare that with the batch from Het Ballonnetje...

This batch smelled lovely.. kind of sweet but I could also notice the OG in there... maybe not the strongest smell but really lovely. Look was also nice a lot of sugar on that one :mrgreen: It tasted like what I could imagine would be called a sweet OG :lol: a little like OG but much sweeter. Furthermore the ash while burning was pretty white and what can I say... overall a really good smoke. I prefer it over the Gorilla Glue wich I tried the last time from Utopia... much smoother and more to my personal taste.

Cheesedawg (13€/g) - From the look maybe not so much visible trichomes as the GSC. Well it´s a different strain :lol: ... also the smell of the GSC seems to me a bit stronger at the first moment... I am happy that I still tried it :) After examine the weed a little bit more I noticed that very nice cheesy smell with hints of kush... funky :mrgreen: well not everybody likes the taste of cheese but with that kind of og flavor it was a great smoke. Very tasty and white burning... smoked a fatty of that at 1e Hulp and it was a real a pleasure.

I think the guys at Het Ballonnteje sell a lot of organic grown stuff wich is simply the weed I prefer... nice clean tasty! Hopefully they keep it up :mrgreen:
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

Marok21 wrote: Thu 5th Oct 2017 04:24 pm

Cheesedawg (13€/g) - From the look maybe not so much visible trichomes as the GSC. Well it´s a different strain :lol: ... also the smell of the GSC seems to me a bit stronger at the first moment... I am happy that I still tried it :) After examine the weed a little bit more I noticed that very nice cheesy smell with hints of kush... funky :mrgreen: well not everybody likes the taste of cheese but with that kind of og flavor it was a great smoke. Very tasty and white burning... smoked a fatty of that at 1e Hulp and it was a real a pleasure.

Hmm that's interesting, thought it might be a batch goin' round, because the canal-side recently got some Cheesedawg in stock. But I assume they're from different batches as the Canal-Side offering is definitely sporting a very generous dusting, of very visible trichomes and is very hairy too, absolutely gorgeous nugs. More wispy bud structure, notes of cheese, but a funky gasiness (different from the OG type) from the Chem-91. Allegedly it's from Big Buddha seeds and is Chem-91 x Big Buddha Cheese. The weird funky smells and excessive hairs, remind me of a gorgeous batch of Supersonic (Chem-91 x Sonic something or the other) that I was lucky enough to get from a seasoned gardener last winter, so I'm pretty sure that's the 'Chem-91' coming through.
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

DeLekkersteNUGS16 wrote: Thu 5th Oct 2017 04:39 pm Hmm that's interesting, thought it might be a batch goin' round, because the canal-side recently got some Cheesedawg in stock. But I assume they're from different batches as the Canal-Side offering is definitely sporting a very generous dusting, of very visible trichomes and is very hairy too, absolutely gorgeous nugs. More wispy bud structure, notes of cheese, but a funky gasiness (different from the OG type) from the Chem-91. Allegedly it's from Big Buddha seeds and is Chem-91 x Big Buddha Cheese. The weird funky smells and excessive hairs, remind me of a gorgeous batch of Supersonic (Chem-91 x Sonic something or the other) that I was lucky enough to get from a seasoned gardener last winter, so I'm pretty sure that's the 'Chem-91' coming through.
Indeed interesting :wink: Well I am still not the best on describing taste :lol: I definitely noticed the cheese and some what I called "OG like" flavor in there... my so called "OG like" taste could be in real from the Chem-91 :roll: It´s also interesting that you described the taste as "funky", too... and well "funky gasiness" are maybe even better words for it´s taste. So it´s good possible that it´s pretty similar. I prefered it over the GSC because of it´s funky taste yammmmmi :mrgreen:
SmokerAMS

Post by SmokerAMS »

As promised I have returned with another shining review of Het Ballonnetje, this time around we tried the Tangie €13 and Girl Scout Cookies €14.50, both had exactly the flavors you would expect from a top level coffeeshop. Unlike most places in the center your not forced to pay 16 euro a gram for top quality weed. Tangie is well known for being one of those hit and miss strains in Amsterdam, its either the full body high with cerebral vortex jumping coughs - or that deep lightly frosted long lasting stoned. This batch is definitely the type to sit you down and make you blurry eyed. Girl Scout is again legit strong smelling, great tasting quality weed, I took the liberty of mixing in a bit of Amnesia Block and the slow burning, tangie tasting girl scout greatness really shows itself!
MattS

Post by MattS »

This seems really close to my hotel when I visit in November, will definitely give it a look! Is it small? I travel and will be smoking on my own, so I'm always a little conscious of taking up, unused space. I generally like to sit on my own, with my gandalf pipe, a lovely bag of weed, lots of coffee and food and a good movie/ book :D
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

Size wise the place isn't exactly large, but you'll be very welcome, the music policy is restrained so reading here would definitely be possible. It's off the beaten tourist track and has a nice relaxing typically Dutch brown bar style. Entrance to the smoking area is by buzzer - so the clientele is somewhat selective. You won't find rowdy crowds of youngsters here.

Set over two floors with simple tables and chairs, the upstairs mezzanine approach involves a treacherous climb (and subsequent buttock clenching descent when baked). Don't be put off though - this is one of the current forum favourite shops for those looking for high-quality high-potency product.
ed the head
Location: New Amsterdam of my mind and of my making. Trips:3, Haj:14

Post by ed the head »

OneHighMofo wrote: Fri 13th Oct 2017 03:08 pm Size wise the place isn't exactly large, but you'll be very welcome, the music policy is restrained so reading here would definitely be possible. It's off the beaten tourist track and has a nice relaxing typically Dutch brown bar style. Entrance to the smoking area is by buzzer - so the clientele is somewhat selective. You won't find rowdy crowds of youngsters here.

Set over two floors with simple tables and chairs, the upstairs mezzanine approach involves a treacherous climb (and subsequent buttock clenching descent when baked). Don't be put off though - this is one of the current forum favourite shops for those looking for high-quality high-potency product.
How have I missed this gem all these years?! Bedankt!!
He who tries to shine dims his own light
Fat_old_dwarf

Post by Fat_old_dwarf »

OneHighMofo wrote: Fri 13th Oct 2017 03:08 pmthe upstairs mezzanine approach involves a treacherous climb (and subsequent buttock clenching descent when baked)
You've omitted to mention that it is designed to accommodate gnomes, judging from the height of its ceiling, and I'm speaking as a dwarf. I shudder to think how you managed, as a relative giant. Were you crawling on hands and knees?
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

Fat_old_dwarf wrote: Sat 14th Oct 2017 01:26 pm
OneHighMofo wrote: Fri 13th Oct 2017 03:08 pmthe upstairs mezzanine approach involves a treacherous climb (and subsequent buttock clenching descent when baked)
You've omitted to mention that it is designed to accommodate gnomes, judging from the height of its ceiling, and I'm speaking as a dwarf. I shudder to think how you managed, as a relative giant. Were you crawling on hands and knees?
Yes - it is rather snug. It works better once I'm sat down :)
ed the head wrote: Sat 14th Oct 2017 11:22 am How have I missed this gem all these years?! Bedankt!!
Everything in good time :)
Or
You must carry a chaos inside you to give birth to a dancing star.
I must get into your recent post - I haven't yet found the headspace to do it justice - but I shall.