Funky Munkey

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Do you like Funky Munkey

Yes
74%
No
26%

Total votes: 27

Puffin13

Funky Munkey

Post by Puffin13 »

ACD Page: Funky Munkey (formerly known as Softland , Baywatch and Aggies)

Funky Munkey Located at Marnixstraat 333, Amsterdam. Formerly Softland and before that Baywatch. This shop was renamed and has had a new owner since May 2009, according to the Soft Secrets magazine (Issue 2 -2010). Opening times are 9am-1am, Monday to Saturday and 10am to 1am on Sunday.

The article says the owner has plans this summer to create a waterslide terrace via the large picture window in the back of the shop, overlooking the Lijnbaansgracht.

There is an excellent range of weeds from high-end Hazes (Amnesia, Cheese, NY Diesel, Chocolope and the own brand Funky Kush) @ €10 pg. Also, White Widow, OG Orange Bud, & White Munkey @ €8 pg. Thai €5 pg and Purple Organic for €4 pg.

I have not been here yet so cannot rate it but I plan on going soon and will rate it then.

Cannabis is The Tree of Life
highlyblessed

Re: Funky Munkey

Post by highlyblessed »

Puffin13 wrote:Funky Munkey Located at Marnixstraat 333, Amsterdam. Formerly Softland and before that Baywatch. This shop was renamed and has had a new owner since May 2009, according to the Soft Secrets magazine (Issue 2 -2010). Opening times are 9am-1am, Monday to Saturday and 10am to 1am on Sunday.

The article says the owner has plans this summer to create a waterslide terrace via the large picture window in the back of the shop, overlooking the Lijnbaansgracht.

There is an excellent range of weeds from high-end Hazes (Amnesia, Cheese, NY Diesel, Chocolope and the own brand Funky Kush) @ €10 pg. Also, White Widow, OG Orange Bud, & White Munkey @ €8 pg. Thai €5 pg and Purple Organic for €4 pg.

I have not been here yet so cannot rate it but I plan on going soon and will rate it then.

a top little shop well worth the visit,good products at good prices and nice staff
what more could u want?
blessss
Balou

Post by Balou »

Anyone been recently? Thinking of making it a stop for the crawl next month?

Peace,
Balou
Are you stoned? Like a gravel road bitch, like a gravel road!
08-420

Post by 08-420 »

balou1999 wrote:Anyone been recently? Thinking of making it a stop for the crawl next month?

Peace,
Balou
I was there on the 17th. Seemed like a great place, can't remember what I bought but it was really good.

It was the night before going home so I did not buy much, just smoked as much as I could of what I had left...But it's a good place to sit down, and funny for me to order weed in my own language :lol:

They have a pool table, a couple of sofas, a huge window overlooking Lijnbaansgracht canal and a big tv that showed football when I was there.

I will definitely return here next time.
toker31

funky munky

Post by toker31 »

by far my most memorable coffeshop of adamn, we went in may 2010 for 2 weeks and hit 28 different shops. the smoke is top notch and so is the environment but what really sets this shop apart from the rest is the Resident Munky, Tony, Zyra(sp?), and Jeffry. This crew is the best by far, black belt in keeping it real. We are returning this may and we are staying in the Jordaan area to be close to this shop. A MUST BAKE for all you non funky munkies-420!
toker31

Post by toker31 »

cant say enough about this place, the enviroment is super lax, pool table, tvs. rt on the canal, real dutchie experience, ask Tony to share some stories. Smoke here if you love weed & amsterdam.
cant_think

Post by cant_think »

Favourite shop of this years November trip, never even heard of it before that either. Everything I smoked there was great and the staff are amazing...
Glas

Post by Glas »

Some excellent reviews, will definitely need to have a look in when we go 8)
'Homeward' Bound - 11/2/11
Trad

Post by Trad »

Sounds like this should be put on the list of "Coffeeshops To Visit". Thanks for the reviews 8)
If I don't see you no more in this world, I'll meet you on the next one.
JMH
ozric

Funky Munkey

Post by ozric »

Small space to look at the menu and buy and fly.
I asked for something organic bio wiet, hinting for the Purple Power.
Well they were out of PP, so the lady behind the counter recommended and showed
me the Chocolope, looked really purple too but was unfortunaley not organic.
Also it was 11 euroś a gram so I went elsewhere.
jazzy23

Post by jazzy23 »

friendly guy and some nice Chocolata acquired : )
Always on the lookout for Chronic ; )
ozric

Post by ozric »

visited, bought and smoked some White Munkey (for a funky feeling),
it was fun to see the people take down the plastic Christmas tree
also lots of seagulls visible throught the windows
JanetVander

Post by JanetVander »

I will visit it as well
jjhobo

Post by jjhobo »

Nice place abit out of the way but well worth the visit. 5g of white widow for 30e although its not on the menu for some reason so ask and the bud tender wondered how we knew of the deal and what was on the menu. I told him about the forum and he said he gets a good few people off here there and someone from the UK even wrote him a letter.

Went back at the end of the week to get another 5g of white widow and also decided to try the lemonkush for 12e a gram, this was the best kush i smoked all week imo.
Marnixstraat

Post by Marnixstraat »

I was there in April, on a cloudy sunday afternoon and I have to say that tokin' next to the window watchin' the swans was really cool especially cause the menu was good and there was a little Fan squad of Amsterdam who were watchin' the game ! really pleasant

But I have a question, when u look at the C.S from the other part of the bridge, there seem to be a little terrace on the water... I wonder if it is a private terrace or not... :mrgreen: