Funky Munkey

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Do you like Funky Munkey

Yes
74%
No
26%

Total votes: 27

Uncle Ron

Re: Funky Munkey

Post by Uncle Ron »

Willjay wrote:Glad to hear that your camara got high with stolen girl scouts :lol:
Those damn Girls Scouts, can't trust them anymore... turn your back for just a second and things just don't seem quite right. Maybe it's the "sugar" high? :lol:
Ya'll have a great day...
... :mrgreen:

Smirks

Post by Smirks »

During the CC in November there were differing views on GSC. TwoCanucks swore it was top notch stuff, but others such as Omnibuzz and myself were put off by the name. Omni in particular took great exception to the way strain names are going, GSC being a prime example.

"fukkin girl scout cookies, fuck that I'm not buying shit called that" or words to that effect.
Smirks

Post by Smirks »

For €15 a g it might as well be calked "Cookie Dough" or doh!

To be fair, I'll probably try some in the next couple of days. :mrgreen:
Not_the_monk

Post by Not_the_monk »

Cisco wrote:What do you think I mean ? Is it GSC or another strain masquerading as such ? The rumour I heard is Swerves wasn't ready in time so they just got another strain , also there's massive debate going on if the Cali Connections is the real deal GSC

And the way you can tell if a strain is real , well for me anyway is if I have intimate knowledge of said strain

I don't rely on CS weed lmao , half the shit you get sold in Dam ain't real , enjoy
But dude, this is my point. So there's a debate going on about what the "real" GSC is, and as in your words nobody who doesn't have an intimate knowledge of the strain (the real "real" one) can tell if it is real anyway, and given that Funky Munkey was the only CS in Amsterdam selling something with that name up until very recently so nobody in the city has much to compare theirs to.... well doesn't all that make it incredibly unlikely that anyone would remotely be able to say whether its the "real" GSC or not? So unlikely as to make the question kind of pointless (as it is with almost any strain in any Amsterdam CS, or anywhere else for that matter). Its all just labels anyway.

What's important in this context (outside breeding circles anyway) seems to me to just be how any strain, however it is labelled, tastes and smokes, and whether it is good value for the price asked. At least people can answer those questions.
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

I saw a video on youtube from the urbangrower (remo) with a guy from
the cali connection seedbank... and the guy said that Coffeeshop
Funky Munkey sell their entry for Cannabis Cup (GSC)
EasilySuede

Post by EasilySuede »

Uncle Ron wrote:
Willjay wrote:Glad to hear that your camara got high with stolen girl scouts :lol:
Those damn Girls Scouts, can't trust them anymore... turn your back for just a second and things just don't seem quite right. Maybe it's the "sugar" high? :lol:
Ya'll have a great day...
... :mrgreen:
The Girl Scouts were probably working on their Thievery Badge. :|
Cisco

Post by Cisco »

Yeah my point exactly , a lot of people can buy particular strains from growers direct so you know exactly what your smoking , personal growers I imagine have grown GSC that live in Amsterdam/Holland , then you can make your judgement pretty precisely when offered something your being told is something but is not !!??

Connoisseurs perhaps lol I'm ripped lmao SkywalkerOG ftw

Either way I will prob be sampling some come my next trip :wink: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:
-
Wconnection

Post by Wconnection »

I finished my 5 grams GSC :cry: I must say its a delight to lit up :D :D :D The buzz is longlasting!!!

Soon be going back for more.....
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

was here on my last trip for the first time...

I wanted to try their Girl Scout Cookies and their Tahoe OG...
Tahoe was not on the menu so I tried the GSC.
What can I say about this strain??? One of the smoothest smokes
I ever had but there was no taste for me :shock: really like no
taste! Even the smell of the buds was like nothing... only when grinded
up you get a hint of a smell.

I didn´t feel an effect, too (ok maybe I smoked too much that day :P )

So for me it was nothing to die for... maybe a bad batch...

The shop itself was pretty nice but I didn´t liked the atmosphere there.
Mostly locals but some of them were not so friendly to non dutch :lol:
Uncle Ron

Post by Uncle Ron »

Marok21 wrote:was here on my last trip for the first time...

I wanted to try their Girl Scout Cookies and their Tahoe OG...
Tahoe was not on the menu so I tried the GSC.
What can I say about this strain??? One of the smoothest smokes
I ever had but there was no taste for me :shock: really like no
taste! Even the smell of the buds was like nothing... only when grinded
up you get a hint of a smell.

I didn´t feel an effect, too (ok maybe I smoked too much that day :P )

So for me it was nothing to die for... maybe a bad batch...

The shop itself was pretty nice but I didn´t liked the atmosphere there.
Mostly locals but some of them were not so friendly to non dutch :lol:
Thank you for your honest opinion.
I found this to be the case as well, the same for Grey Area's GSC as well. It should be cause in my opinion they obviously are using the same distributor or at the very least, the growers are using clones from the same mother.
15 Euros at Funky Munkey, 13 at Grey Area... neither are worth the price.
Time for this batch of GSC to be made into hash or tossed into the bin... a total disappointment. :(
...:(
The_Kushler

Post by The_Kushler »

Right let me put this Girl Scout Cookie thing to bed.
It's shit. End of. Don't waste your time or money. I had it first spiff of the day and left it in the ash tray. Just pretend it's called Power plant....

Other than that nice place to chill. Or play pool if u can be arsed with it.

Little tip. Ma House just round the corner is open till very late3-4am and does killer chicken burgers for £3.50. They will try n put ketchup n mayo on the burger though. Wtf?
elasticband

Post by elasticband »

Picked up one gram of what i think was called sour rapture for 13e/g - typical sour/og flavor, nice enough but a bit sticky.

going back to try some silver LA which looked quite nice, but i only had money for 1gram with me.

The SSH for 13euro a gram looked amazingly frosty
They must find it difficult, those who have taken authority as truth, rather than truth as authority
Ellskin

Post by Ellskin »

Had some of the GSC from here when I was over in Febuary, seem to remember enjoying the smoke but not the vibes in the cs, people were arguing over the music choice to which the budtender responded shouting over everyone rather aggressively 'This is Ja Rules favourite song, you obviously don't know shit!' we left fair soon after this, killed the buzz.
Opus132

Post by Opus132 »

Ellskin wrote:Had some of the GSC from here when I was over in Febuary, seem to remember enjoying the smoke but not the vibes in the cs, people were arguing over the music choice to which the budtender responded shouting over everyone rather aggressively 'This is Ja Rules favourite song, you obviously don't know shit!' we left fair soon after this, killed the buzz.
Ja Rule...ha, ha, ha! The great comedian (and stoner) Dave Chappelle would have provided the proper perspective: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mo-ddYhXAZc :lol:
Turn off your mind, relax and float downstream. - John Lennon
FlyByNite

Post by FlyByNite »

New menu for Funky Munkey dated October 9, 2013. Big thanks to Nikos.

http://coffeeshopmenus.org/Funky%20Munk ... onkey.html

Enjoy
FlyByNite