Funky Munkey

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Do you like Funky Munkey

Yes
74%
No
26%

Total votes: 27

USbongLord

Re: Funky Munkey

Post by USbongLord »

Went in for 2 min last year...didn't like the gear...pass

rockin into the night
orle

Post by orle »

hmm, "Bio Casey" for 6 per gram, I wonder what that's like. Big gap in price with the rest of their menu
elasticband

Post by elasticband »

I was actually gonna tell u about the bio.... I know you like a good deal. I had a look at it one day..... for 6e it looked ok... probably something wrong with it though to be that cheap. Outoor?
They must find it difficult, those who have taken authority as truth, rather than truth as authority
orle

Post by orle »

elasticband wrote:I was actually gonna tell u about the bio.... I know you like a good deal. I had a look at it one day..... for 6e it looked ok... probably something wrong with it though to be that cheap. Outoor?
BT didn't know if outdoor or indoor... sorta leafy, buds looked okay but had very little Casey aroma, even when squeezed. Skipped it and bought reliable and much-more-resinous Intensive Care at 1e Hulp for almost the same price (sounds cheapskatey, but I do like good deals..or rather , I dislike crappy deals :D) -- and a nose-sized bud of LA Casey at Boerejongens cos by that time I really had the, eh, Jones for some Casey? I'll get me coat already
elasticband

Post by elasticband »

you made me want some LA cassey now :roll: been very drunk the last 2 days..... i need a night at home with a nice bag of indica and some GTA
They must find it difficult, those who have taken authority as truth, rather than truth as authority
OffieBoss

Post by OffieBoss »

Nice airy shop, comfortable atmosphere, large open smoking room but nothing really special in the menu. Worth a chill if passing by.
Always trade fairly!!!
TwoCanucks

Post by TwoCanucks »

Cup entry casey jones 13e/gram, nothing special looked better in bag than it smoked.

Big buddha cheese 11e/gram, very smelly so i bought two grams, wish i hadnt. Lots of misleading bag appeal on this trip.
Amsterdam dreaming.............
Delta9

Post by Delta9 »

Not the biggest fan of this place but i'm glad i popped in for a buy and fly after visiting 1e hulp... got 1g of OG Kush from FM @ €14 approx. and it was the strongest Kush of the trip.
~~ The most important ingredient is love ~~
Kingdoc

Post by Kingdoc »

Got some "chisel" a few trips back from here! it was about 12 euros a gram, it seemed more of a local hangout imo.
Lemon Haze

Post by Lemon Haze »

Got some Skywalker Kush from here, and a gram of zero zero. Hash was nice, weed smoked well but a bit sticky. Good effects but it was the smallest gram I've ever seen in town. Very dense nugs so maybe it was right, but looked tiny in the bag. Probably wouldn't go back, especially with 1e Hulp just across the street.
"Drugs induce paranoia and psychosis in people who have never taken any." Terence McKenna
cainedspaniard

Post by cainedspaniard »

Funky Munkey Coffeeshop Review -

http://imgur.com/gallery/Kmplo

feedback appreciated or let me know your thoughts.

At this point as always I want to mention I am not just reviewing the weed but the coffeeshops experience as a whole, I am not promoting or affiliated with any coffeeshops! These are all my genuine opinions and thoughts, I am not a connoisseur of cannabis but a stoner with the idea to inform others as they visit this great city!

So I used to come to this place a lot as its near E1 Hulp and its never really busy, on top of that they have a pool table! The environment is very chilled and not once have I had the feeling I am unwanted, the service is very relaxed and even if you are asked to buy weed before you enter I have never been grilled to buy a drink, should you bring your own water or beverage its no issue but dont have it on show. They have a new members only sign pointing to downstairs which after this review i will inquire about n inform.

You enter the shop though a small door off the street and straight away before you enter the lounge you are presented with the weed menu. Personally I come here for because of the chilled seating not cause the weed, having said that the weed is usually of a high standard. They have a Sky Walker OG, DNA Genetics which if caught on the right day can be a spectacular smoke, especially for 13Euro! I usually go for the cheaper smoke, this time around I went for the BlueBerry Haze (Outside), im not a massive haze smoker but at 9Euro it looked alright. The White Munkey I do think is worth grabbing when visiting for 10Euro, its always on the menu and always nice nothing more but nothing less, think of it as the house wine of the CS. Unfortunately they dont have the Jack Herer on the menu at the moment but back in the day she was Euro9 and absolutely stanking! The kinda weed where you put my fingers in the bag n rather than bud your met with a sticky, smelly, fruit. Mind boggling buds, touch wood shell be back.
So after you have purchased your cannabis you enter through yet another door, where your met with an open lounge which as mentioned isnt usually full.

On the lefthand side youll find 2 leather corner sofas each with there own table, this is where I usually sit as you can easily fit 7-10 which makes it always easy to meet people n start chatting, plus it's comfortable as fuck!
On the righthand side you’ll find more tables but exchange the sofas for chairs which for this we'll call back-breakers. This area is more personal, if your looking to finish off some work or sit with a friend and chat then it might be preferred but after an hour I guarantee you’ll move! Should you fancy a game of chess in the middle of your smoke then you can always head to the back of the room where they have Chess & Checkers board on the table.

In the middle of the room you find the pool table! Now as I mentioned at the start of this article I believe the pool table in Funky Monkeys to be a game changer, this is because its 2euro and compared to Prix is much more relaxed, you can apply spend hours here with friends. Now the pool table is the the CENTRE OF THE ROOM! should you not be any good this makes amusing entertainment for the whole CS, some of my woman friends refuse to play because of this, amuses me no end!!!
Back to the weed while writing this review I have rolled a spliff and after grinding it I expected nothing much more than an ok Sativa, I was pleasantly taken back. After the first inhale I was instantly hit with a hazy aroma filling my mouth, as i write and smoke I am feeling a very light head high which in truth i wasn't expecting, however, if I was going to have compare the outdoor weed from here and MrK I think MrK would win, although this is a very tasty hazy and I am very satisfied with the high I believe 9euro is over priced, MrK have outdoor for around 7 which I think is more reasonable.

To Summarise: I see Funky Munkey as a social cannabis bar more than just a coffeeshop or tourist hot spot. As a whole I like the place, its a very social CS, where you can easily sit and smoke in a relaxed environment, the weed isn't the best in Amsterdam but I can happily say I have never walked away unhappy on any purchase from here. If you’re with a big group then I feel this place would be ideal as you have a huge amount of space, it's not busy or expensive plus the extra attraction of the pool table. Should the guy be behind the bar youll receive no drama! The woman might get you to buy a drink if you stay like 4 hours plus as she is a little grumpy when it comes to tourists.
Thanks for reading, should you check on this place while visiting please let me know your thoughts.

Edit1: While writing this a couple of guys next to me have a friend coming here to meet them, once here there friend wasn't allowed in unless she bought weed and due to this they went to the bar next door. I hate this, however, the guys didn't try help their friend at all. I want to mention should this happen to you then chat to the bar, discuss the situation. If you've bought weed and having a session then I see no issue why a friend cant come meet you? Offer to buy a drink for your friend and explain you bought a couple grams of bud!
i'm your doctor, when in need; want some coke, have some weed
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

Fantastic review thanks very much indeed - I've walked past this place so many times I think I'll have to give it a try.
The consumption rule sounds a touch heavy-handed; I'll report back on what I find. That menu looks great though - a cracking range of Kush you don't often see elsewhere, The King Louie, Tahoe and Skywalker are rare finds in the Dam.
The sour poison, super silver bubble and sour skunk are also eye-catching too.
tinky

Post by tinky »

Sofas, pool table a decent menu. Sounds a good place for a T&T over 420 possibly.
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

tinky wrote:Sofas, pool table a decent menu. Sounds a good place for a T&T over 420 possibly.
Indeed :)
Not_the_monk

Post by Not_the_monk »

Yeah its a decent shop, kinda prefer it to 1e Hulp now it is so busy most of the time. One time in Funky Munky we got a bit of hassle from some lads who seemed to think the pool table was their personal property even though they'd not used it in the half hour before we tried to have a game, no idea if they were locals but you can get knobs anywhere I guess. Otherwise always had a decent time in there.

In terms of pool tables in coffeeshops, Spirit is probably one of the best options given they charge by time not per game. T'Keteltje is a good option too as it always seems to be available (at least when I've been in).