Coffeeshop 137

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Do you like Coffeeshop 137?

Yes
96%
No
4%

Total votes: 26

Smokey McPot

Re: Coffeeshop 137 (aka Sturgis)

Post by Smokey McPot »

Decent silver haze from here sat outside and watched the pretty streets around us.. Great little shop to chill out at

If carlsburg made weed it would be northern lights 5x
HasjDreamer

Post by HasjDreamer »

Nice local shop... light-wooden sterile interior and strange video screen menu but inexpensive quality hasj and seriously, some of THE best coffee in Amsterdam! If there's a footy game on it can turn into a bit of a Moroccan mens club but the outdoor seating overlooking the little bridge over the Brouwersgracht is AMAZING. Our first top of the day when we were staying at the other end of the gracht and we make sure to stop by at least once on every trip.
its bouquet sweet & pungent, its bite will roast
Balou

Post by Balou »

137 is one of those shops hidden in plain site. With Barney's and Dampkring just up on the road. They had an impressive menu and I think we bought just about everything on the menu. I remember getting NY Diesel, it wasn't what I was after but non the less a decent smoke. They have a verdamper and a few really nice pipes if you are so inclined.
Are you stoned? Like a gravel road bitch, like a gravel road!
DonMarciano

Post by DonMarciano »

Dropped in once with my wife after a visit to Jordaan market. was around lunchtime.
Got some "Mako" and was very impressed by the quality and pleased by the price. (dont remember exatly how much tho...been a while)
We sat by the window, had a nice coffee. the place was quite empty, except for a few local lads reading papers/having a chat.
I ll be in the Dam in may so i ll try and stop by :D
geekymonkey

Post by geekymonkey »

What a beautiful shop! Love the windows, the light, and the lovely street.

They have Kosher Kush! (And it's good.)

Isolator for 20e/g that was really strong and spicy. Nice Amnesia.

I have to bring my husband back here.
Because life is too short to smoke bad bud.
DonMarciano

Post by DonMarciano »

Went to this shop once and really enjoyed it. I am also glad i found out the name of it on ACD as I could not remember it.

I discovered this lovely shop on a trip with my better half, after having had a stroll down the local Jordaan market so it was around 12.00pm. weather was beautiful as well.
We were the only 2 customers, there were a few lads there but they seemed to be locals and just hanging around, having a coffee and a ciggie.
They already had the screen scales. I got 1g of their "Mako" weed & we both got great coffees from the really nice BT, big typical dutch looking lad in his 40's i d'say.

We sat close to the windows in this very bright coffeeshop, and I started to roll a joint of the Mako, asked the BT if it was ok to use tobacco (the smoking ban had just kicked in a few months back), he said "if somebody calls in, i ll say i did not see it" :-) the Mako was a fantastic smoke, seriously tasty and strong. they also had, from what i can remember, some of this vegetal stuff, a supposed tobacco substitute to roll ur spliff with but i did not try it.

I ll defo pay this shop a visit when i m over in may!
Kermit

Post by Kermit »

Great little cs, loved sitting in the sun chonging outside with the lads, blue and Exo cheese I opted for after turning both iceo and bubble hash down, they where pressed and deffo mixed with bees wax :wink:

Good shop though, nice little stroll out, nice location 8)
DRA

Post by DRA »

Meeting at Coffeeshop 137

Saturday, 31 March 2012:

As our day of coffeeshop crawling continued we made anonother stop further down Brouwersgracht at Coffeeshop 137, formerly known as Sturgis located at Brouwersgracht 137, in the Jordaan district across from the little iron drawbridge on the canal.

The video opens with exterior shots and street scenes from the corner of Brouwersgracht and Willemsstraat. The scenes from inside the shop feature a look through the large windows as our little group has taken over the table and seats at the front of the shop. You'll also get a good look at the menu and the featured items and prices.

The original music is performed by Kevin MacLeod and it is provided royalty free from http://www.incompetech.com/

Thanks for viewing.

DRA

Party On! Light Up the Night!
Balou

Post by Balou »

DRA, can you delete the other thread you started in this forum before someone replies to it?
Are you stoned? Like a gravel road bitch, like a gravel road!
quieseL

Post by quieseL »

A great shop, I stopped there 2 times and got always strong white widow. The shop is very nice, clean and has a verdamper vaporizer. Another reason for visiting this shop is that it isnt that crowded like other coffeeshop
CHELSEA_SMOKERS_SOCIETY

Post by CHELSEA_SMOKERS_SOCIETY »

got the 'Rasberry' from here last week. a mid menu weed. smelled good, looked really good and dense, was easy day time smoke.
Trips to the 'dam: 27
ftcarer

Post by ftcarer »

CHELSEA_SMOKERS_SOCIETY wrote:got the 'Rasberry' from here last week. a mid menu weed. smelled good, looked really good and dense, was easy day time smoke.
Nice 1 mate , the Ras(p)berry? was what we got & had forgotten , cheers :mrgreen:
Sending out the good vibes to those that need them right now :-)
EasilySuede

Post by EasilySuede »

Cheers to the owners here- very nice shop!
The NY Diesel had a nice sour funk, and the same bowl of weed never seemed to fade in their new-ish verdamper, pull after pull after pull after etc.
kushy

Post by kushy »

Thanks EasilySuede, good to know about the new Verdamper here!

Any thoughts on that bio ICE at Het Ballonnetje, BTW?
markymark

Post by markymark »

Finally the reality of my favourite CS (Betty Boop) closing its doors for good on the 1st July 2014 has hit home. As a result I was keen to try and find somewhere this week that could be my new hangout. 137's website looked good so it was on the list to pay a visit to.
Friendly staff, inviting decor, plenty of light, a great view from inside. Good coffee and half gram deals. I had a look at their hazes, the budtender was happy to show me all of them and offered his opinion. Never felt rushed to make a decision like in some places. The Jack haze was ok, thats all I can really recall, not bad, not great. I'm looking forward to sampling more of their menu in February.