Coffeeshop 137

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Do you like Coffeeshop 137?

Yes
96%
No
4%

Total votes: 26

westerkerk

Coffeeshop 137

Post by westerkerk »

ACD Page: Coffeeshop 137

This place is quite high up the Brouwersgracht, on the corner of Willemsstraat, quite a bit further up it than Siberie.

Small, clean place frequented by locals and older tourist couples mostly. It's location is pretty beautiful opposite a little iron drawbridge and close to the markets on Westerstraat and Lindengracht.

Very small menu, 5 hash and 5 weed I think. Very nice prices. Under 10eu for Nepal hash. Excellent stuff.

Theres a few tables inside, a couple of little tables outside overlooking the canal and bridge.

Really clean cut place this, not too different to places like Kadinsky was back in the day I guess but its far enough off the tourist trail to retain a bit of class. The budtender was friendly enough. Seemed like a nice guy. Was quiet while we were in, around 11am.

Think this used to be Sturgis but I've heard other people say it did not.

Boner

Re: Coffeeshop 137

Post by Boner »

westerkerk wrote:Think this used to be Sturgis but I've heard other people say it did not.
It certainly was called Sturgis: https://www.coffeeshopdirect.com/Sturgis.html
Being pedantic and knobbish since 1972
ZBeebs

Post by ZBeebs »

We spent about an hour here in the early afternoon, my wife and I were the only ones in the shop. Had a gram of the chocolope, it was definitely tasty but I think I was expecting too much out of the strain, wasn't impressed with Grey Areas either.

Quiet and a bit plain, but clean and new looking. The menu is on a TV screen. If I remember correctly, they only had a limited menu. We started out inside but after rolling the joint we picked up our drinks and sat outside. Quiet area, not as much people watching here as in the centrum, but beautiful and relaxing.

The only person to come in while we were there was a buy and fly - a local buying two grams of their cheapest. I meant to buy some on my way out in case this guy knew something I didn't but forgot.
Why drink and drive when you can smoke and fly?
ysmugu

Post by ysmugu »

Visit this place pretty much every trip, always quiet in there. You got a limited choice of strains but its very cheap, WW usually a good smoke there. Lovely decor on the place, staff always been welcoming as well. Excellent place on one of the quietest and prettiest canals in the city.
Boner

Post by Boner »

Being pedantic and knobbish since 1972
scully

Post by scully »

Nice 1 8)
b happy get high
islandgurl

Post by islandgurl »

Worst coffeeshop I've ever been in. Budtender was high pressure regarding sales. I didn't want anything they had but felt an obligation at that point to buy something, so I bought some Orange Bud. Mediocre at best.

He tried to sell me a drink I didn't need (had a bottle of water with me), but tried to appease him anyway. No Pear Loozas, no whipped cream for the hot chocolate.

Me: "Oh well, guess I'll just stick with my water thank you anyway"
Him: "No try this one, it's much the same"
Me after reading the bottle "Sounds too tart for me, I prefer it more sweet but thank you again"

Rolled one up and proceeded to smoke it. A cough hit (as I said mediocre at best) and to make it stop I needed a drink of water. Pulled it out, took a sip and he walked over to me and said:

Him: "You can't drink that here"
Me: "Huh? It's water, I needed a sip".

He pointed over at the water behind the counter and said I would have to buy it there. WTF? I just a bought an obligatory gram of weed you pressured me into buying, now I must buy a drink too? Nope, will never go back again as their customer service sucks, imo. I'll stick with the fun, cool, friendly places without feeling like I have the Gestapo around.
Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.
westerkerk

Post by westerkerk »

islandgurl wrote:Worst coffeeshop I've ever been in. Budtender was high pressure regarding sales. I didn't want anything they had but felt an obligation at that point to buy something, so I bought some Orange Bud. Mediocre at best.

He tried to sell me a drink I didn't need (had a bottle of water with me), but tried to appease him anyway. No Pear Loozas, no whipped cream for the hot chocolate.

Me: "Oh well, guess I'll just stick with my water thank you anyway"
Him: "No try this one, it's much the same"
Me after reading the bottle "Sounds too tart for me, I prefer it more sweet but thank you again"

Rolled one up and proceeded to smoke it. A cough hit (as I said mediocre at best) and to make it stop I needed a drink of water. Pulled it out, took a sip and he walked over to me and said:

Him: "You can't drink that here"
Me: "Huh? It's water, I needed a sip".

He pointed over at the water behind the counter and said I would have to buy it there. WTF? I just a bought an obligatory gram of weed you pressured me into buying, now I must buy a drink too? Nope, will never go back again as their customer service sucks, imo. I'll stick with the fun, cool, friendly places without feeling like I have the Gestapo around.
Sounds like Greenhouse MkII

Been here twice since my last post, always bought because I've wanted to and purchased drinks because I was thirsty so can't comment on your issues IG although that sort of stuff on isn't uncommon in the dam nowadays I guess.
winnie

Post by winnie »

I've only been here to buy&fly... the budtender was friendly and helpful and I got some very nice 'chronic'.
scully

Post by scully »

Called in here on my last trip, they were not open but still let me in (nice). the guy 50ish with grey hair said to me "only smoke no drink". Was the only place all trip that i didnt have to buy a drink.

I bought the Chocolope, it was ok, the shop was v clean, nice brown leather seats, would deffo go back
b happy get high
westerkerk

Post by westerkerk »

scully wrote:Called in here on my last trip, they were not open but still let me in (nice). the guy 50ish with grey hair said to me "only smoke no drink". Was the only place all trip that i didnt have to buy a drink.

I bought the Chocolope, it was ok, the shop was v clean, nice brown leather seats, would deffo go back
Does that mean they didn't sell drinks or only that you didn't HAVE to buy them?

Was wondering maybe they've gone down the vendor route.
geoffk

Post by geoffk »

westerkerk wrote:
scully wrote:Called in here on my last trip, they were not open but still let me in (nice). the guy 50ish with grey hair said to me "only smoke no drink". Was the only place all trip that i didnt have to buy a drink.

Does that mean they didn't sell drinks or only that you didn't HAVE to buy them?

I think because they weren't open.
westerkerk

Post by westerkerk »

geoffk wrote:
westerkerk wrote:

I think because they weren't open.
ah right, haha

doh! :roll:
TheGinSoakedGirl

Post by TheGinSoakedGirl »

As Westerkerk says this place is a walk out from the centre, but is v.handy for the Nordemarkt. I popped in here for a break from shopping there towards Saturday lunchtime during my last trip.

It was quite busy, the tender was a guy in his 20's, as I recall not pushy. Had some chocolope (or maybe it was ssh, notes scribbled on shopping list doh) and a coffee. Wasn't anything special, but not bad - the place itself was nicely comfortable and clean but maybe a tad bland?

Not a place to make a deliberate trip to, but not to be ignored. Mid table outfit in football parlance
Hasta la Victoria Siempre
westerkerk

Post by westerkerk »

TheGinSoakedGirl wrote:As Westerkerk says this place is a walk out from the centre, but is v.handy for the Nordemarkt. I popped in here for a break from shopping there towards Saturday lunchtime during my last trip.

It was quite busy, the tender was a guy in his 20's, as I recall not pushy. Had some chocolope (or maybe it was ssh, notes scribbled on shopping list doh) and a coffee. Wasn't anything special, but not bad - the place itself was nicely comfortable and clean but maybe a tad bland?

Not a place to make a deliberate trip to, but not to be ignored. Mid table outfit in football parlance
Mate of mine just returned and on my recommendation went here. Said it wasn't empty but not busy at around 3pm on a Friday. Had the Nepal for 8/g which he recommended and the White Widow at 7.80/g which he said was very nice - seems like a good price too.

Definitely will pay this place another visit in Jan