Coffeeshop 137

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Do you like Coffeeshop 137?

Yes
96%
No
4%

Total votes: 26

seouleast70

Re: Coffeeshop 137 (aka Sturgis)

Post by seouleast70 »

markymark wrote:Finally the reality of my favourite CS (Betty Boop) closing its doors for good on the 1st July 2014 has hit home. As a result I was keen to try and find somewhere this week that could be my new hangout. 137's website looked good so it was on the list to pay a visit to.
Friendly staff, inviting decor, plenty of light, a great view from inside. Good coffee and half gram deals. I had a look at their hazes, the budtender was happy to show me all of them and offered his opinion. Never felt rushed to make a decision like in some places. The Jack haze was ok, thats all I can really recall, not bad, not great. I'm looking forward to sampling more of their menu in February.
Nice reporting on the atmosphere of the place. Never been there but from your report it seems like a great place. Definitely on my list. Going to visit Dampe, the inventor of the verdamper this visit, but I will make time for this shop.

Not long now....
Weed-o

Post by Weed-o »

Popped in on Saturday morning and asked for a "nice, clean weed".
Without hesitation, the budtender answered: "Amnesia Haze".
Simply put: the best Amnesia I had in years and one of the best haze I've smoked in my 2 months here.
KHene

137 ?

Post by KHene »

I was wandering around around came across this place , couldn't even find it on this map . The lemon and ogkush were excellent and very good prices and the other buds I saw looked nice also. 4 types of hash under 10\gram and relaxed place. Awesome.
ftcarer

Re: 137 ?

Post by ftcarer »

KHene wrote:I was wandering around around came across this place , couldn't even find it on this map . The lemon and ogkush were excellent and very good prices and the other buds I saw looked nice also. 4 types of hash under 10\gram and relaxed place. Awesome.
You found a sort of hidden gem , shhhhhh :wink: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=13697 :mrgreen:
Sending out the good vibes to those that need them right now :-)
Smokeybee21

Post by Smokeybee21 »

Nice little local shop with a sweet location. Got a gram of the NYCD, and seemed to recieve a bigger gram than most places in the Centrum. The weed was perfumey/diesely goodness, a steal for the 11 euro price tag. Enjoyed a smoke on the bench outside, watching Amsterdam go by. The BT even dried the bench for us with a squeegee after we told him it was wet.
Next trip: September 2023 with the missus.
treetop

Post by treetop »

yeah I liked it there. I had orange bud which was ok and some cheap afghan for cooking. the cheap afghan was the standard crap you get around town for varying amounts of cheapness. It is pretty mild.
I've enjoyed it day and night. I remember during the day I got the feeling I really needed to mind my p's and q's. I did and everything was ok. Used the verdampners inside and sat on the benches outside.
At night it seemed a lot more relaxed and fun. I watched the BT show amazing patience with an Italian tourist who spoke almost no English who just barged into the shop and asked the bt to call him a taxi. It was surreal. He came back later to ask some questions about the weed and hash then bought a joint and left. :lol:

Watched a footy game here too. I'd recommend it as a good place for that. They have a nice big TV. Virtually the whole CS has a good view of it.
How much did you produce?
Lemming
Site Admin

Post by Lemming »

Occasional Bowl

Post by Occasional Bowl »

This has local feel to it tucked away as it is on Brouwers Gracht. Comfortable seating and clean. A decent menu. The shop also has a vaporiser which we employed on FTcarer's post 420 TnT. See Lemming's 420 report. I will return.
Hang on to your head
Papi

Post by Papi »

Very very nice place indeed. Stumbled across it around december 2012 while looking for a hotel near lindengracht, we were already baked, carrying suitcases and my friend decided to get inside. While i was finishing joint outside and going our way he caught up to me with something he bought there already in a joint. I asked what is this and he said "kush", i replied "what kush" and he just smiled and said "O.G man":D. And indeed a fine example of it. Came back the other morning since our hotel was just round a corner, nice place to sit down, chill and enjoy a bong. (sorry for the messy description, as i am baked).
And the weed is a good value for money, their o.g was at that time around 11-12e/g.
Edibles on a plane is my middle fucking name
MK Ultra

Post by MK Ultra »

REALLY nice looking shop. If you can get a seat at the front of the shop or outside, you've got one of the most beautiful views of Amsterdam any Coffeeshop can offer. Beautiful.

Grabbed a gram of Shoreline from there today. Pricey but GOOD. Mad purple buds with a unique taste and buzz.

Also had a g of the Kandy Kush... less impressed with that. Not much flavour but decent buzz. Nowt special.

Lovely spot to chill, tho. Very untouristy and feels like it's a locals shop.
Cisco

Post by Cisco »

Tried to sell us Amnesia as Chemdawg !!!!! Wtf ?!??!!!
-
Lemon Haze

Post by Lemon Haze »

That's unfortunate, heard nothing but good things about 137 and will be staying down the street next month so it is going to be my local. Hope it was a one-time thing!
"Drugs induce paranoia and psychosis in people who have never taken any." Terence McKenna
Roccy Tittzenbeer

Post by Roccy Tittzenbeer »

A really nice spot, clean and airy, I like Chocolope and the sample from here was very nice ( I would point out that it is a Sativa rather than an Indica as printed on the menu - maybe they get a bit confused also as per Cisco's note earlier!) or maybe they are just stoned 8)
Nice neighbourhood too for sauntering around.
Cheers,
RTnB
First visit October 1976 last visit still to come ....
Cisco

Post by Cisco »

Lemon Haze wrote:That's unfortunate, heard nothing but good things about 137 and will be staying down the street next month so it is going to be my local. Hope it was a one-time thing!

To be fair everything else shown to us smelled like it should , jus the dodgy Amy as CD
-
Lemon Haze

Post by Lemon Haze »

Cool, good to know!
"Drugs induce paranoia and psychosis in people who have never taken any." Terence McKenna