Voyagers

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate Voyagers

I like Voyagers
93%
I don't like Voyagers
7%

Total votes: 484

Fat_old_dwarf

Re: Voyagers

Post by Fat_old_dwarf »

Latest menu:

MattS

Post by MattS »

Apologies for highjacking here! Could anybody confirm Voyagers policy on toking out the window while in 1 of their rooms? The rooms look perfectly clean and right in the centre, seems perfect :D However the hotelrunners booking site, clearly states smoking in the rooms is forbidden, though it does go on to say....because of the very sensitive fire alarms?

If anyone with a bit of experience can tell me, i'd be greatly appreciated :D I'm heading over to them in March.

Thanks!
TwoCanucks

Post by TwoCanucks »

MattS wrote: Mon 16th Oct 2017 10:30 pm Apologies for highjacking here! Could anybody confirm Voyagers policy on toking out the window while in 1 of their rooms? The rooms look perfectly clean and right in the centre, seems perfect :D However the hotelrunners booking site, clearly states smoking in the rooms is forbidden, though it does go on to say....because of the very sensitive fire alarms?

If anyone with a bit of experience can tell me, i'd be greatly appreciated :D I'm heading over to them in March.

Thanks!
http://www.voyagersamsterdam.com/index.php/contact-us/
Amsterdam dreaming.............
Kenshiro

Post by Kenshiro »

MattS wrote: Mon 16th Oct 2017 10:30 pm Apologies for highjacking here! Could anybody confirm Voyagers policy on toking out the window while in 1 of their rooms? The rooms look perfectly clean and right in the centre, seems perfect :D However the hotelrunners booking site, clearly states smoking in the rooms is forbidden, though it does go on to say....because of the very sensitive fire alarms?

Thanks!
You'll have no problem vaping (I vaped in my room in April) but smoking will likely set off the very sensitive alarms as you've mentioned...
In a nut shell- vape only if you absolutely have to consume indoors there..but otherwise use the Coffeeshop or perch yourself downstairs on the street/canalside after hours.

Voyagers are very cool without many rules so just try to respect that one big one they have and your stay will be harmonious.
Fat_old_dwarf

Post by Fat_old_dwarf »

I've stayed in both single rooms, which are the smallest, and always smoked out the window with no problems. I use a pipe, which minimises the risk, being only lit when I'm actively smoking; if you're the type of person whose mind tends to wander as you hold a joint, not noticing that the smoke is going in the direction of the alarm, it may not be the best idea.
glock23

Post by glock23 »

Went to Voyagers a few nights ago and got some 24K and Atlas. Both very good. 24K tastes great and has good potency. The Atlas is lovely and smoked great in a glass pipe! I really like the Atlas. Good music, too, so I wouldn't mind hanging out there longer next time!
DesIreland

Post by DesIreland »

Stayed there for 4days magic. High stairs but so was I.Great vibe as usual in between the mad rush-ins. Weed and hash spot on as usual great smokes. The "Blessed Seed" has full scale building work near complete - an old venerable building steadied - renaissance underway. A very wise dog handles every thing well. Very fine budtenders give wise advice. Favorite spot and area. 8)
The mind is everything. What you think - you become.
glock23

Post by glock23 »

I feel like Voyagers bud is good, but not as good as some of the stuff I encountered back in 2005! I feel like quality in Spain wasn't as good as my first trip to Amsterdam either. Also, I was at Voyagers on Tuesday and noticed the Sage had a little botrytis (I could smell it). The Testing Tuesday sample also had a hint. I was a bit surprised by that! I only realized there was a hint of budrot in the sample after breaking it up, when I could smell it again. The tester got me much higher than the Amnesia and Gorilla Glue I was smoking in Barcelona!

I did, however, like the Atlas hash and bought more on Tuesday. Nice, clean Moroccan for 10 Euros. I was talking to an Arab bartender a couple of days ago who told me wholesale prices for good Moroccan hash are 3 Euro a gram (if you buy 100g)!
CopenhagenCouple

Post by CopenhagenCouple »

That is very bad news if two different strains on the same day were moldy @ Voyagers, would think they do well enough not to have to sell moldy weed.... :/ :evil: :(

Re: wholesale prices, 3 € prolly isn't that far off, at least if we are talking fairly good quality and "only" 100 at a time.

If we are either talking something close to soap bar or even just hash below average bought more than a 100 at a time (as would be the case for a coffeeshop), you should prolly ask for a few glasses of wine first (might hurt a little less getting fucked so hard). ;)
Always know where your towel is! :wtf: :lol:
glock23

Post by glock23 »

Yup, 3 Euro a gram could be excellent to a ripoff depending on quality! lol

I think the Testing Tuesday may actually have been the Sage they were trying to offload, but it just didn't smell like budrot as much until I broke it up. Smelling the container in the store, though, I immediately knew what was up.

And yes, I was surprised the weed had budrot and that they were selling it. I told the budtender (with dreads) and he was speechless! It wasn't visible budrot, but the spores are there even if they aren't immediately obvious and only 'unaffected' buds are sold. That sweet smell is unmistakable though, so there was definitely some botrytis activity going on. Pity! I heard the Lake Kush ? was good this week. The 24K was really special to me and I think I'll have to try and find a mom as I really loved the taste and smell of the strain.
Cannabis

Post by Cannabis »

Last edited by Cannabis on Wed 20th Dec 2017 02:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DesIreland

Post by DesIreland »

Hi guys, about the quality at Voyagers - I'm no expert on weed but I have smoked hash for probably about half a century now. Again no expert or conniseur of weed but what I smoked was great - Sativa's good high no paranoia good vibe - hell busy shop at times, then when it settles; that's when the real good easy vibe takes over. The hash was all it should be - a good example of a high Atlas hash - deep thinking but easy mellow feel. Average price . I don't go looking real pearls of hash - I go to get the overall spirit of the coffee shop - if I'm at ease - if they make me welcome - if all together the whole experience is good - i go back. Had a long sabbatical from the dam until this year - the whole neighborhood around Yoyagers appeals to me. So any reviews by me are really subjective broadly as I wouldn't really know if weed didn't look smell perfection. With me I trust they give me good gear and friendship and usually all is good in a none perfect world - were perfection can never be guaranteed. 8)
The mind is everything. What you think - you become.
WLow

Post by WLow »

Mold on bud now and then, it's the supplier fault, loading bags of buds from a plastic bag, people talk about terpene and all that shit, if you handle to much the product it fade on you :roll:
glock23

Post by glock23 »

Many of the strains look to have come from the same grower, so I believe it is indeed an issue with the growing or drying/curing. Both the 24K and Testing Tuesday were much more potent than the Amnesia and Gorilla Glue I was smoking in Barcelona. Their weed is also cured, which is a nice touch. Curing might indeed be the issue; the buds may be too moist before the cure and the trapped moisture and botrytis spores = budrot.

I LOVE that Voyagers lets you know which seedbanks the strains come from. I'm definitely buying a pack of DNA 24k as I am totally in love with that flavor!

I was smoking some in Barcelona and someone came over and in Spanish said, "you're smoking some really really good shit aren't you?" :lol: It was quite an interesting cultural experience. I let him hit my joint and his eyes bugged out and he had a coughing fit. I don't roll with tobacco lol. He later passed me his joint (some pretty bad looking weed) and there was so much tobacco in it I took one hit and was like AHHH TOBACCO! NOOOO!
glock23

Post by glock23 »

I'm not 100% sure, but I believe Voyagers may have sold me hash that wasn't as good as the first time. The Atlas I bought the first time was great! A week later I bought 3g and the quality doesn't seem the same at all. I will keep testing ;) and report back.

EDIT: Nevermind, the Atlas is fine. For some reason I don't get as high from hash when mixing it with tobacco. I'm not a smoker. I think the hash keeps me from getting nauseous from the nicotine, but I don't feel as high as I do otherwise when smoking hash in a pipe or mixed with weed.