de Graal

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate de Graal

I like de Graal
95%
I don't like de Graal
5%

Total votes: 86

RvanSteensel

Re: de Graal

Post by RvanSteensel »

DeLeuksteNUGS16 wrote:In light of my, as of late, case-building for DG as a strong contender for best coffeeshop some more noteworthy observations.

They have lowest/most tolerant floor for min. cannabis purchase of any shop I've ever been to. Usually the most lenient shops have a 5 euro minimum, the other day I had already bought a few grams of Santa M, when I went back for just another .5g the budtender (not the same one) happily obliged and let me pay all whopping 3 euros via card.

Also you never get hassled to purchase anything, even drinks!

A cheap-o's paradise....
well doh it's owned and used by hippies lol
they have a backroom where they make music xD

Relax and take notes , as I take tokes of the marihuana smoke
airflow

Post by airflow »

Yeah very nice staff, was there with my 2 big dogs and they were cool with it, we sat downside at the cheese tables and 1 basenjidog came from the backroom :D definitly a dog coffeeshop ;) and the vibe is more being at a friends place who sells a lot types of weed :lol:

Someone bought the triple 0 in the last time?
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

Update:

Did some research on the strain Santa Maria, it seems like it used to be one of the staples in Dutch coffeeshop menus. Supposedly cuts/seeds were smuggled out of Brazil from the indigenous shaman that perform Ayahuasca rituals, this particular South American sativa-landrace was of revered status by the natives.

High-times founder/key-figure Bud whats-his-nuts smuggled out the seeds and brought them to Holland where he began to distribute cuttings en masse, and the proliferation of the strain in Dutch coffeeshops was born. Both here, on ICmag forum and on leafly there were several rave reviews about its distinct, sacred and desirable effects. Seems to be a special plant indeed.

By the way, De Graal is 5 euros off your 5 gram purchase so 5g of SM for 30, becomes 25 and you thus pay 5 a gram for the stuff, def a steal!

This is the ICmag thread I found which offered up some interesting insights and backstory (possibly quite anecdotal) about the strain:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=153556
felixxy

Post by felixxy »

Santa Maria is a very common and old school strain in the Netherlands. It indeed comes from south america and is a must have tried strain. It appears darkly green with orange hairs. I never liked it as much as White Widow because overall the strain is more of a body stone without the complexity of effects for me.

I've been to Graal on Saturday at 11 in the morning and AGAIN nearly everything was sold out. I got the last bud of the choco kush which is a bit too fluffy, but that is complaining at a high level. I can recommend it to you. It is more on the choco side and perfectly cured.
Jesscass

Post by Jesscass »

Last week:

More or less dedicated this trip to this fine place so didn‘t visit many places and spent most of my time here sampling all the hash I bought here and elsewhere.
Was recommended creamy looking Champagne(moroccan, 10€/g)and Kandy Kush(moroccan, 13€/Ag)by usual friendly budtendress. Went for the one with the foreign genetics and it was indeed kushy smeeling high grade moroccan. Unfortunately their best moroccan, 'Amnesia'(20€/g), was out.
Wonderful time again chatting to staff and locals :D!
CopenhagenCouple

Post by CopenhagenCouple »

We are quite new to this particular shop so don't know much besides the knowledge gained at last visit, so have to ask: does theSshop always rotate the menu as frequently as it seems to do now? Some shops seemto thrive on new products while others have had the same menu for a decade (dolphins anyone?).

Think we prefer the ones that have a few stable top hitters and an otherwise rotating selection...

When we visited the champagne was there, but remember the foreign genetics ones as lemon skunk the first week joined by critical kush later in the next week (hashes, not ice).
Always know where your towel is! :wtf: :lol:
CopenhagenCouple

...and really agree that it is a great place to hang, chill and meet locals, one of the last visits we chatted to two local guys who had figured out that they could reach two of those poke places from the upstairs room and just sat there smoking and gathering what ever it is then gather, very Dutch approach right? :)
Abbs

Post by Abbs »

I remember de graAl as having the best hash menu but that was a couple years back - is it still good for hash ?
Check out My Website www.CannabisWeedMarijuana.com
CopenhagenCouple

Yes! :D
MrNice257

Post by MrNice257 »

I don't know if its still on the menu but is the cheese hash worth the money? It is 13€ and with the 5 gram deal its 12€.
CopenhagenCouple

Everything we had from de Graal was worth the money, often more!

Didn't see cheese hash (menu seems to change weekly almost), but bought lemon skunk hash and critical kush hash (mentioning the new school ones), as well as a couple of their ices a month back, they were all great value and very good smokes the lot of them!

CC
MrNice257

Post by MrNice257 »

CopenhagenCouple wrote:Everything we had from de Graal was worth the money, often more!

Didn't see cheese hash (menu seems to change weekly almost), but bought lemon skunk hash and critical kush hash (mentioning the new school ones), as well as a couple of their ices a month back, they were all great value and very good smokes the lot of them!

CC
How much was the lemon skunk hash and the critical hash? And what about the oilyness? The last time here was my first time in this shop :mrgreen: . But the menu was very small on the luxorious they just had the skywalker kush for 15€ which was a terrible smoke! The sativas were all just regular hazes but the vanilla haze was outstanding in the smell. But there was only 0.3 or 0.4 in the tub left so i went for the skywalker :evil: :evil: :evil: . The next time i will try the vanilla haze it has a really sweet vanilla smell and didn't smell like flavour sprayed weed if i remember right.
CopenhagenCouple

12 € or so abouts for the hashes and 25 € for the ices IWRC. ICE is of course very sticky and oily and the hashes were also more like a Khardella than a beldia type morrocan. Npwhere near the sticyness of say the infamous cheese cake, but not like the loose polmy blocks from e.g. Boer...
RvanSteensel

Post by RvanSteensel »

MrNice257 wrote:But the menu was very small on the luxorious they just had the skywalker kush for 15€ which was a terrible smoke! The sativas were all just regular hazes but the vanilla haze was outstanding in the smell.
The menu was SMALL ? LOL that's a new one . Usually when i go theres like 20types of hash 20types of weed

yea i tend to avoid the luxurious menu at de Graal ,
i usually ask to see their Super Highrise if its on menu ( has nothing to do with Highrise )
which is an awesome sativa that smells kind of like tomatoes ?!?! :roll: :shock: :oops: :lol:
ive had REALLY good SSH too , much more resinous than other samples ive seen in dam
also had a much more rancid sweetness too it , almost alcapulcogold like.

Their hashes are usually also good priced and they stock some import n outdoor weeds too
Not to mention their tea menu :shock:
Relax and take notes , as I take tokes of the marihuana smoke
godhed

Post by godhed »

Stopped in today directly after a nine hour flight from Canada. Love their iso hashes so bought 1 gram each of 2 different strains of Amniso and 2 grams of Baba Kush iso. Also went for a gram of Shoreline since it smelled so good and the content of the tub was one giant bud. Vaped shoreline for a couple of hours in the upstairs section. I was the only one up there and the budtender was playing some wild music that blew my mind. Nice to be back in Adam.