de Graal

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate de Graal

I like de Graal
95%
I don't like de Graal
5%

Total votes: 86

Pipo

Re: de Graal

Post by Pipo »

[quote="Marok21"][quote="Pipo"]Marok21, was the double zero at 13 less then the 6 euro king hasan from 2 kamer?[/quote]

Nah you can´t say less... strenght wise I would say they are nearly on the same level (maybe KH is a little bit stronger^^ for me)... in taste I would prefer that lovely blonde taste of the 00. But when u see KH is more than half the price of the 00... there is no question the winner is KH....
when 00 would cost 8€/g or something it would be different 8)[/quote]

thanks

Supervaporizerman

Post by Supervaporizerman »

Jesscass wrote:This week:

I called in and listened to some jazzy tunes :D ! Beside that I tried some Shoreline(14€)and LA Kush(14€?). Latter one nice enough and pretty nice kushy smell. Special somehow. Shoreline looked as poor as last time. Really was like déjà-vu when she oppened the box and pulled out that outdoor-like big bud(side-branch) :lol: :twisted: . Nonetheless unique smell and taste. Very good :mrgreen: !

Nothing new on the hash menu.

Haha I agree with you. It's incredible how scraggy and uninviting it looks but the smell is something else. I had a bit of a cold so not sure how accurate my senses were but had a moment of sensory clarity in the midst of not being able to smell anything on day 2 and smelt ripe pineapples. Taste good, high relaxing.

You're almost disappointed with yourself for loving it so much - it's like a beautiful lady who makes no effort to dress smartly, looks scraggy in truth, but draws you in and entices you all the same. And keeps you wanting more. It's the curate's egg and no mistake De Graal's supply of Shoreline.

Have to give it 8/10 but wish I could be more disparaging. I'm in your pocket you could give it a little effort and make me feel like I've scored something worthwhile..... but you got me, I'll take you every time..... :?
Jesscass

Post by Jesscass »

Last week during my stay in The Hague I had a side-trip here:

I was well supplied with Shoreline in The Hague so I went for 'Pandora'(I assume no autoflower, 13€/g)as the budtender recommended it as a nice indica. So it was! Also tried their 'Strawberry Sour Diesel-Ice-O-Lator'(40€/g)which smelled and even tasted kinda fruity with a nice strong head high.

Nothing new on the hash menu but had a great time as usual even though it was a very calm evening in the shop on that evening.
Not_the_monk

Post by Not_the_monk »

Another one it will be a shame to lose. Would be nice if their menu was a bit less chaotic and they modified it when they run out of stock.

LA Kush (€14) recommended as a sub for Shoreline was kushy and not very like Shoreline but decent enough. White Choco (€13) as a sub for High Rise... it was nice actually, tasty and quite heady.

The super cream was excellent as usual (€12) when they had it, Double Zero when they didn't (€12) seemed OK but I do like the super cream more.
Acer Palmatum

Post by Acer Palmatum »

Is this Shop still open? If so, did anybody recently visit it? 8)
Papi

Post by Papi »

It is:)
Edibles on a plane is my middle fucking name
godhed

Post by godhed »

Went there today but there was a sign saying its closed until 6 pm. Are these new hours due to a nearby school and, if so, is it open earlier on weekends? Cheers!
Papi

Post by Papi »

godhed wrote:Went there today but there was a sign saying its closed until 6 pm. Are these new hours due to a nearby school and, if so, is it open earlier on weekends? Cheers!

Yes, they are. And yes it is, from 9 or 10 am:)
Edibles on a plane is my middle fucking name
godhed

Post by godhed »

Thanks, Papi.
Went there today and got a gram each of Amnesia Iso and Fire Iso, both dynamite. There was a chameleon wandering around the upstairs. He walked across the floor, up my armchair and up my arm. Sat on my shoulder for a while and then walked across to the next chair. Got some nice photos.
aVeryOldLady

Post by aVeryOldLady »

Went here several times on my trip this week, this was my last time there as I won't make it back before summer. I'm really gonna miss this shop as it is my all time favourite.

Their G14 was ok, wouldn't buy it again. Their Big Buddha Cheese was quite good, not too strong though.
Also, the Lemon Haze Hash was quite lovely.

I've never encountered top-notch weed or hash here (maybe just ordered the wrong stuff? :mrgreen: ) but I just love the vibe. Nicest interior of any shop, even the customers are nice. It's gonna be a shame to lose this shop. This is the perfect example that a shop doesn't need the best product all over town to be amazing.
Last edited by aVeryOldLady on Sun 27th Mar 2016 01:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
godhed

Post by godhed »

When is de Graal supposed to close?
godhed

Post by godhed »

Went back today for more Fire Kush iso hash. They were supposed to close in December but got an extension. They're trying to get another one. If anyone thinks this shop doesn't have top notch stuff, try the iso :D
Cry Tuff

Post by Cry Tuff »

godhed wrote: If anyone thinks this shop doesn't have top notch stuff, try the iso :D
Yeah . At 35E a gram!

Like many others , im not prepared to indulge such outright greed .
Maybe coffeeshops should start handing out individual sachets of lube for those up for a fucking ?
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

Cry Tuff wrote:
godhed wrote: If anyone thinks this shop doesn't have top notch stuff, try the iso :D
Yeah . At 35E a gram!

Like many others , im not prepared to indulge such outright greed .
Maybe coffeeshops should start handing out individual sachets of lube for those up for a fucking ?
Personally I don't believe €35 to be that expensive for top grade bubble hash. From an ounce of top quality bud you can expect maybe 15% return... The maths is pretty easy when you look at it that way. You'd need 7 grams or more to make a gram of top shelf bubble that can be anywhere from 3 to 5 times more potent than a gram of the flower it was made from. For bud-run bubble (which I very much doubt CS bubble is) the price per gram should be more like €70 when you consider the average price of a gram of flower in an Amsterdam cafe.

Some will argue that it's often made from trim and not bud, and that's true. But it's the relative weight of trichome content that you're paying for regardless of the starting material. Top quality trim can make top quality ISO and the leaf material taken from the flowers are all part of the harvest for the farmer.

Good quality bud trim is a by-product of good bud, in the same way that leather is a by-product of the cattle industry. Leather is expensive partly because it's time consuming to produce and requires skill and experience to get right - just like good bubble hash.

Bubble (and Rosin/BHO) is a niche product that's for sure, but so is fine champagne/wine etc. It's a product that you're either willing to pay for or not. Having made the stuff for many years - I know it's value; to me at least.

Just my 2c - not saying anyone should agree, luxury is always in the eye of the beholder and if the price puts you off - I can respect that.
Last edited by OneHighMofo on Mon 28th Mar 2016 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
godhed

Post by godhed »

The Fire Kush iso was E30 and the Amnesia was 25. This stuff is so powerful that I smoke much less than if I bought cheaper hash.