de Graal

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate de Graal

I like de Graal
95%
I don't like de Graal
5%

Total votes: 86

Cry Tuff

Re: de Graal

Post by Cry Tuff »

OneHighMofo wrote:
Cry Tuff wrote:
godhed wrote: If anyone thinks this shop doesn't have top notch stuff, try the iso :D
Yeah . At 35E a gram!

Like many others , im not prepared to indulge such outright greed .
Maybe coffeeshops should start handing out individual sachets of lube for those up for a fucking ?
Personally I don't believe €35 to be that expensive for top grade bubble hash. From an ounce of top quality bud you can expect maybe 15% return... The maths is pretty easy when you look at it that way. You'd need 7 grams or more to make a gram of top shelf bubble that can be anywhere from 3 to 5 times more potent than a gram of the flower it was made from. For bud-run bubble (which I very much doubt CS bubble is) the price per gram should be more like €70 when you consider the average price of a gram of flower in an Amsterdam cafe.

Some will argue that it's often made from trim and not bud, and that's true. But it's the relative weight of trichome content that you're paying for regardless of the starting material. Top quality trim can make top quality ISO and the leaf material taken from the flowers are all part of the harvest for the farmer.

Good quality bud trim is a by-product of good bud, in the same way that leather is a by-product of the cattle industry. Leather is expensive partly because it's time consuming to produce and requires skill and experience to get right - just like good bubble hash.

Bubble (and Rosin/BHO) is a niche product that's for sure, but so is fine champagne/wine etc. It's a product that you're either willing to pay for or not. Having made the stuff for many years - I know it's value; to me at least.

Just my 2c - not saying anyone should agree, luxury is always in the eye of the beholder and if the price puts you off - I can respect that.
Yeah, yeah I know the science, process and the breakdown . I've been around a while . But ...nothing will convince me that this isn't just another way of profiteering from the gullible . That's not to say that people shouldnt have the freedom to do what they want with their cash , just pointing out how susceptible punters are to hype/marketing . In terms of potency , do we really require something that's 5 times ( your claim ) more potent than high end tops ? There is a ceiling . You can only get so high . Opinions, huh ?! :wink:

OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

People are certainly very susceptible to hype - I'm just not as convinced as you are that stronger products are always hype. Quite the opposite in fact.

For me - consuming smaller amounts of material with less contaminants (and by contaminants I mean burning plant material) that get me as high as possible as quickly as possible is an ideal scenario. I have asthma so intake can be more difficult than the lucky folks able to do huge bong rips.
So purer products like well made bubble hash, Rosin and BHO facilitate that level of hit for me, without hurting my chest too much - so both in terms of harm reduction; and to answer your question:
Cry Tuff wrote: do we really require something that's 5 times ( your claim ) more potent than high end tops ? There is a ceiling . You can only get so high . Opinions, huh ?! :wink:
Yes. Yes we do. :)
Most definitely we do.
There's plenty of research on potency levels for extracts: This article(http://www.thecannabist.co/2015/06/19/m ... ter/36386/)from the cannabist doesn't list any sources for it's claims but this page (http://analytical360.com/testresults) on the Analytical360.com website shows test results from their last 60 days worth of concentrate testing results for MMJ dispensaries all across Washington state so you can check out for yourself what some of the cannabinoid content levels are like.

'Ceiling' is something I've been thinking a lot about recently. For me - that ceiling is somewhere within the first gram of the day - always.
No matter the consumption level (in terms of speed - some days it's a wake and bake, some days I'll wait till lunch time, sometimes evening time dependent on what I'm doing) or imbibing method. I always hit my ceiling within the first gram - the second gram (most days) and third/fourth and beyond grams (special occasions, big sessions with smoker buddies or trips to amsterdam) don't ever get me any higher. They just pro-long the buzz.

I do agree that sometimes those more expensive purchases in Amsterdam coffeeshops can be disappointing in terms of potency/taste/etc; but in my experience that difference in potency or loudness of flavour can often be a facet of the strain used to make the concentrate rather than the cynical marketing ploy you've so cynically asserted ;)
Not_the_monk

Post by Not_the_monk »

Looked at the Big Buddha Cheese (€12/g), scraggly and only a mild nose, Supermarkt's is infinitely better. They had another separately listed Cheese (also €12/g) which the budtender was unable to say much about, buds looked a tiny bit nicer so my mate bought some but it was a bit of a nothingy smoke.
avfc-herbalist

Post by avfc-herbalist »

Is this shop still closing in June? My next trip is in September and I've never been before because of my lazy mates lol. Would love to smoke their hashish just once. Will they be long gone by the time September rolls around? Thanks :mrgreen:
sit back, blaze ganja and chill
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

avfc-herbalist wrote:Is this shop still closing in June? My next trip is in September and I've never been before because of my lazy mates lol. Would love to smoke their hashish just once. Will they be long gone by the time September rolls around? Thanks
madmaxxx wrote that the shops on the close list have 6 months more time...

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=32324

so nothing stands in your way to visit de Graal :mrgreen:
monster420

Post by monster420 »

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Last edited by monster420 on Fri 27th May 2016 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
johnnygiovanni

Post by johnnygiovanni »

monster420 wrote:thank god they close this garbage shops
wuy another 6 month?
close them now
Hi Monster420! I'd rally like to have a smoke with your gear man! You must have some fuckin fire if you never like Cs weed!
However I think De Graal is one of the best Cs in town and I'll be sad if it closes.
avfc-herbalist

Post by avfc-herbalist »

Marok21 wrote:madmaxxx wrote that the shops on the close list have 6 months more time...

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=32324

so nothing stands in your way to visit de Graal :mrgreen:
Happy days! That is great news :mrgreen: can't wait to visit! Cheers Marok :mrgreen:
sit back, blaze ganja and chill
gettingrimey

Post by gettingrimey »

The Santa Maria is a banging outdoor strain and a superb high. Was better than most of the weed I sampled in the dam this weekend and is only 6euros a gram. Also got some great hash but cannot remember which one. My brother purchased the lavender which was harsh and so so in every aspect. I do love this shop though.
I be chillin on the beach in the South of Venice
Or merking the President live on Channel 7
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

De Graal, may be all things said and done - the dark horse - for my favorite coffeeshop, something I often internally contemplate....

Been on the outdoor kick a bit lately. Santa Maria added to the list!
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

Gave the Santa Maria a go at 6 euros per gram:

Eyes: typical leafy outdoor, wispy structure lots of stems, far from being dense. 2 grams looked like nearly a five pack o dat indo'. Nothing impressive here, looks much like the outdoor from Yo-Yo, albeit with more generous frosting of trichs on the leafy buds.

Bouquet: citrus, lemons - thus haze. Overall lemony, but in general that is a smell profile quite prevalent in the haze family of genetics so that's what it remind of, perhaps a little bit of their "highrise" comes through. Honestly this has very little outdoor smell at all, quite impressive.

Touch: fairly dry wispy, but not bone dry - breaks into a fine powder in the grinder, but not one which is lacking in moisture by any stretch.

Palate: the outdoor shines through more here, although the citrus notes from the nose cut through and balance it out into a proper mellowed smoke. Grassy notes, peppery clove with a sweet mellowed citrus of lemony vaguely pinesol esque, classic taste.

Flush: Ash is obviously not perfect white, but this is outdoor so there's no "flush" so to speak. Nonetheless she burns slow smooth and steady in the pure cone, so far so good, as far as I can see.

Effect: as stated previously, a top notch buzz. Like a lot of the outdoor I've encountered from Yo-Yo the buzz is classic to me in the sense that it's "one-dimensional" a more simple, sedative grin-inducing, mellow kinda buzz that lifts the spirits, eyes crimson; also it manages to cut through the other smoke/dabs of the day and make its distinct and pleasant buzz known. Bangin'

Value: at 6 per gram, you're hard pressed to find better value, even my private sources would charge a similar rate for nicer end (Dutch standards) outdoor as such. Yo-Yo's wares all come out to about 7 and some change on the gram when all is said and done, and I find this stuff to be a noticable cut of anything I've copped from yo-yo, so props where props are due.

Verdict: top notch shit for the money, some bangin' outdoor for Dutch-grown stuff. A great summer time smoke, 'tis the season to smoke sun-grown nuggets :mrgreen:
RvanSteensel

Post by RvanSteensel »

will definitly go here on my next visit
havent been here in about a year , mainly due to lack of time / other people being with me
i actually thought this place was closed from jan1 lol

also i thought highrise would never be back , but i heard or read it was spotted lately.
Relax and take notes , as I take tokes of the marihuana smoke
airflow

Post by airflow »

Have been here 3 weeks ago, they got the highrise and the super highrise, bought the super. It was very nice.

They got a very nice amnesia hash for 18 i think, but had already amnesia pollen from 1e and was looking for their lemon haze hash for 15 but the very nice young lady behind the bar told me that its temp sold out.

I always come here when i find the time, the budtenders are always very very nice and helpful, the menu is awesome and they always got some fire stuff and good values like the santa maria or sunrise.

Got here 1 of my 2 favorite hashes in the dam (i usually dont buy a g for over 20 euro), triple 0, a batch for 17 euro, was a black soft good workable maroccon hash.
Other favorite hash was wpa from bluebird ;)

The way from centraal can be long but its worth it, you also can run in 10 minutes from de graal to coffeeshop katsu and coffeeshop club media which are very nice too, got the durban ice 5g for 50 euro from katsu and it was like a light version of wpa, but not in a bad way,specialy if you look at the price, try it for 10 euro (0.9)

For me best allround shop, best couches :), good prices menu and vibe, 5g discount.
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

In light of my, as of late, case-building for DG as a strong contender for best coffeeshop some more noteworthy observations.

They have lowest/most tolerant floor for min. cannabis purchase of any shop I've ever been to. Usually the most lenient shops have a 5 euro minimum, the other day I had already bought a few grams of Santa M, when I went back for just another .5g the budtender (not the same one) happily obliged and let me pay all whopping 3 euros via card.

Also you never get hassled to purchase anything, even drinks!

A cheap-o's paradise....
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

Also two volcano bowls of the Santa Maria vaped for w&B, notes thus far, its up to scratch with most indoor potency wise (when vaped, in the joint the disparity manifests itself) i.e. milks the bag much more than the cheese I've also been vaping on...