de Graal

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate de Graal

I like de Graal
95%
I don't like de Graal
5%

Total votes: 86

Marok21

Re: de Graal

Post by Marok21 »

Was there last week since a longer time. It was in the week so it opened at 6 :? I mainly went there to chill and enjoy the beautiful atmosphere... only problem was that the place was packed :shock: but in the end I found one of the last free seats downstairs and had a nice conservation with a local who only try to smoke organic outdoor weed... I tried a few puffs of the outdoor he scored there and it was indeed pretty nice good tasting :D can´t remember the name... :roll: not bad.

Furthermore I tried the OG Kush Hash (13€/g moroccan)... from the look it is more like a usual classic moroccan hash than some block hashes (not crumbly or super sticky) for example. Nothing outstanding in potency or taste but a good smoke.

RvanSteensel

Post by RvanSteensel »

came in saturday around noon ,
got told almost everything was sold out
took the last bits of amnesia polm 1.37 or something for 20 .

Was gonna leave it like that , but then noticed the outdoor menu .
Asked if she had some of those left , and these tubs were packed lol
got half a gram of all 3 , i believe it was Solar Haze , Diesel and Eko ?
ranging 6-8euro a gram

all of them was nice , and totally worth the money
Relax and take notes , as I take tokes of the marihuana smoke
pengaldinho

Post by pengaldinho »

Good to hear the outdoor was good - any update on the closure?
http://www.youtube.com/user/HinduDeathCabbage" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Not_the_monk

Post by Not_the_monk »

I got a Gallic shrug when I asked about that a few weeks ago.

Really hope, like with Utopia, that the closure doesn't happen again, would be a big loss.

Trying to remember what we tried here without finding my notes, I do recall the Super High Rise (€13/g) exploded out of the tub and was a repeat purchase. Definitely smelt rather Amnesia-like but it was an excellent sativa high, if a bit overly sticky when ground.
resojo

Post by resojo »

I was there on the 17th of November & I was already pretty stoned when I got there. I did buy a pre-rolled joint & also passed around a joint of Amnesia Haze that I got from Club Media, but what was so cool about this particular shop was the jam session in the back downstairs room.
It was a nice evening of playing music and passing around joints. I started out playing a djembe, then moved onto the drum set for several songs, played a little bass & then played electric guitar and song a few tunes. I must have played for 2 and a half or 3 hours. I would have stayed longer, but that was my last night & wanted to get back to the hotel since I had to get up early. I highly recommend this coffeeshop. I'll definitely go back....just hope it doesn't shut down as some others have mentioned as a possibility.
Joseph :D
Jesscass

Post by Jesscass »

Last week:

Went here exclusively as a side-trip while staying in The Hague. So ran through town all day to gather some gear just to turn up here closely before opening at 6PM. Went in and they were again out of all I fancied so on my last visit I bought indeed nothing :lol: !
Didn't want to go for some random moroccans(they were also out of Shoreline weed)here as had a lot of great moroccans this trip in The Hague and Gouda from coffeeshops and private addresses so just no need to :mrgreen: !
While we're on it all those moroccans with foreign genetics nowadays with good quality and plenty around making this a hard decission for which to go for but at the minute plenty of good hashish around in the Dam ; almost bored of that massive choice but that's another story.
By the way as said before here they may suck when it comes to restocking but to some point this lack of professionalism is charming to some degree compared to corporate shitholes like Greenhouse or other chains. Still of course a bummer!
Stayed the whole evening smoking myself silly until this place closed down. Before coming for the last time I thought a lot about this place and even though its my favourite spot in Amsterdam coffeeshopwise it's not the end of the world they're closing now.
Mainly due to the feeling that it decreased in quality in the last two years anyway. Apart from this moroccan Triple X as Quad there were no standouts anymore here. I still remember that batch of moroccan Cream(15€/g)or Super Cream(18€/g)few years back.
So in fact I mostly came here for the vibe which still is sort of unique(again as so often with coffeeshops you just can't have everything I suppose). Also especially felt this on my last stay. Think it would be more difficult to handle such loss if everything would have been perfect in all departments(gear, prices, ambience, staff)until the last day.

Asked if there are any news regarding upcoming closure but they also like me weren't too optimistic about it(as discussed in several threads in the past on here ; they will close them down otherwise if not other already closed coffeeshops due to distance to schools would probably take the authorities to court if that's in fact possible with such an grey area thing).

Conclusion: spent a lot of amazing time in here over the years and even though going a bit downhill in the last years I will remember it in the future for sure and am greatful for that experience. It's not I'm now telling me they're shit anyway to get over this closure it just really went this way, hard to describe. Only thing I regret is I only found this place like four years ago although others reported about it before and was well aware of this.
Anyway, goodbye De Graal :( :) !
Fat_old_dwarf

Post by Fat_old_dwarf »

It looks as though they're staying open, as a weed-friendly café, although they don't know whether it'll be profitable. So if you want it to stay, spend your time and euros there: https://www.vice.com/nl/article/de-mooi ... ang-weg-is (in Dutch, but if the Frenchies can cope, so can you).

I might going there more often now. For me it was a shop that always seemed to promise more than it delivered. Sometimes there were gems on the menu, but more often than not I seemed to miss them, and although I'd gone out specially there the last time thinking it was going to be the last time, I ended up not going in after looking at the menu – and apparently wasn't alone in this. Also, it should be easier to get served – they took the 'no pressure to have a drink' thing, which of course is nice, a bit too far, and it's the only place where I virtually had to do a waggledance to attract the attention of anyone behind the bar. Now it'll be what you've come in for.
Last edited by Fat_old_dwarf on Fri 30th Dec 2016 06:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pierre von Mondragon

Post by Pierre von Mondragon »

I'm definitely going to go whenever I need a place to sit and smoke up when in town, even more than the times I managed before. Even though I liked the weed, it was the combination of that and the space, and if the space is still for smoking, it makes sense to support it, and buy more consumeables in situ. I need to sit again with the mural of Jimi Hendrix and the weird hillbilly maybe Jim Morrison(?)
notsofasteddie

Post by notsofasteddie »

Pierre von Mondragon wrote:I'm definitely going to go whenever I need a place to sit and smoke up when in town, even more than the times I managed before. Even though I liked the weed, it was the combination of that and the space, and if the space is still for smoking, it makes sense to support it, and buy more consumeables in situ. I need to sit again with the mural of Jimi Hendrix and the weird hillbilly maybe Jim Morrison(?)
This mural?
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

Fantastic news! I'm overjoyed :)
That mural... far out.
Pierre von Mondragon

Post by Pierre von Mondragon »

The Awesome Muriel!!!

YES!
cainedspaniard

Post by cainedspaniard »

After passing here the other day I decided to have a little look into the situation of closure, it's been mentioned on another couple posts but I thought to mention it here. So this is the facebook page for the place;

https://www.facebook.com/degraalamsterd ... 7599679106

In short it's saying there isn't a licence for the premises, the current place will be turned into a wine bar or cafe and they will be looking relocate.

Now granted it greats news that de Graal is able to hopefully reopen but does anyone agree when I say it wasn't only the people and weed in this place but it was also the shop itself and that cool hippy vibe. I think out of all the shops this was one of the most friendly, local filled, relaxed environments, in regards to the layout it was perfect, you had it all: amazing artwork to get drawn into once your baked, a nice large bar, an upstairs with nice seating, cheeky downstairs with nice seating and from that the secret little music room which you enter by passing a led ultra violet painting thing and more cool hippy artwork and again that room had everything you need. Piano, guitar, drums, bongo's! Hard to find another place in Amsterdam that provides drums, bongos and a bong while you play them!

I'm really interested when they move to see if they'll be able to keep that concept that made them so great, it defiantly put them apart to other coffeeshops in the city, I really hope they do but we'll just have to wait and see.
i'm your doctor, when in need; want some coke, have some weed
tinky

Post by tinky »

I agree so much more than just the products made this place special. The locals the staff. Loved sitting upstairs on the sofas with the 2 large doors open leading onto the flat roof area during the summer.

Never once hassled to buy drinks in fact more often than not was given a free tea with my purchases.

Shoreline ice had me in a proper state one trip :mrgreen:
cainedspaniard

Post by cainedspaniard »

tinky wrote: Fri 27th Jan 2017 02:19 pm I agree so much more than just the products made this place special. The locals the staff. Loved sitting upstairs on the sofas with the 2 large doors open leading onto the flat roof area during the summer.

Never once hassled to buy drinks in fact more often than not was given a free tea with my purchases.

Shoreline ice had me in a proper state one trip :mrgreen:
one the only places that would even think to offer a free drink every now and again, should you say that happens at Green Place I would be in shock but here its understandable.

they didn't even care if you just walked in, like I look young so I do get ID'd but they always ID and just let me in to go chat my friends or use the wifi and work, no questions, no drama. They got the right idea of letting people relax without hassling them to buy anything thinking people will always buy something in the end if they like the place and stay for a while.. the long sale ahah.

lets just the next place they have has the same space and vibes.
i'm your doctor, when in need; want some coke, have some weed
notsofasteddie

Post by notsofasteddie »

DeLekkersteNUGS16 wrote:Also does anybody know what's the status of De Graal at the moment, is the teahouse up and running already? or if not does anyone know when it will be?
From De Graal's Facebook Page, dated January 13th

Hello!
Coffeeshop De Graal has been closed and does not provide weed licence at this location anymore. Now we are under renovation to convert place into Wine Bar, Vegan Restaurant and Cafe Concept. Soon we expect to get previous licence back and this time in a different area.

Feel welcome to visit us hopefully in February

Interesting!