Yo-Yo

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate Yo-Yo

I like Yo-Yo
88%
I don't like Yo-Yo
12%

Total votes: 50

Padge247

Re: Yo-Yo

Post by Padge247 »

Banshee got it spot on. Homegrown sells organic stuff, including some higher grade strains (not a turn of phrase i like, but you know what i mean) and it is a really nice coffeeshop as well ! The probably have less outdoor grown strains though, where as the majority of stuff from Yo-yo is grown either outdoor or in a green house.

However De Pijp is definitely worth the trip, at least 5 coffeeshops worth a visit (yo-yo, Ibizia, Club Media, Katsu, De Graal), and a few more ones that are decent on top of that. If you need something to lure the missus that far out of town there is also a park (Sarphatipark) and a pretty big trendy market (Albert Cyupmarkt). I will also put my neck on the line and say probably the best pies in Amsterdam are found here (Wild Moa Pies) as well !

Was there over the weekend (going today actually) and the Early Bud was a nice day time Sativa, as was the Pryia (may have got that wrong). Will get a menu shot today and submit to FBN's menu site tonight =)

zootdog

Post by zootdog »

how often is the market on? im there friday early evening till sunday evening. will deffinatley try and make a trip down there
backstraped
djreign

Post by djreign »

Monday - Friday, 9 till 5 I think
djreign

Post by djreign »

djreign wrote:Monday - Friday, 9 till 5 I think
And of course Saturday
banshee beat

Post by banshee beat »

Padge247 wrote:at least 5 coffeeshops worth a visit (yo-yo, Ibizia, Club Media, Katsu, De Graal)
So since I assume you live in the area, do you ever go to Ocean? Or have you got any opinions on it? I'm staying a couple doors down on rustenburgerstraat for 420
Off is the new on
Padge247

Post by Padge247 »

I have only been to Ocean once, and I got some very nice strawberry kush, the only reason I haven't been back is because I tend to stay at the East end of De Pijp now (ie, Yo-Yo and Ibizia) as it's closer, and De Graal because it's a cool place to smoke. Never smoked there, in fact I'm not sure you can smoke there now. Also I think it is one of the shops affected by restricted opening times thus it will only be open after 6pm on weekdays. Not 100% sure on that to be fair
Padge247

Post by Padge247 »

Some bad news in regards to Yo-yo =(

They are having extensive building work done, so they are now (I think now) having to sell all their weed out of a shipping container on the street. Now this is a temporary measure, but I was told it was going to take months to do. I don't know what this means as far as seating is concerned, but I can only assume that they will be running as a buy and fly until the work is completed. I always really enjoyed sitting in Yo-yo, very airy, always get a seat, so I will be sad to only be able to use it as a buy and fly =(
Newto420

Post by Newto420 »

Any news on the development, anybody? First trip to Amsterdam booked for early July, and this cs is high on my list of places to visit whilst there :) I hope it's ready as I have heard such good reviews. As you can tell from my username, i'm not terribly experienced in this area, but feel that Yo-yo will be a good place for me to start, as it seems more relaxed and the focus on organic growing appeals to me (don't want nasty man-made chemicals in my system if I can help it! Anyway, any updates on this place would be very helpful :) thanks!
Padge247

Post by Padge247 »

I walked past the other day and it is still very much open and operating in the container, just outside the shop, which is still undergoing heavy renovations (the whole building is). I seem to remember the owner told me it would be for a long while, maybe until next year. You can smoke in the container, and it doesn't look too bad in there (sofa etc), but I haven't been in so can't say with any certainty.
MinnBobber

Post by MinnBobber »

Padge247 wrote:I walked past the other day and it is still very much open and operating in the container, just outside the shop, which is still undergoing heavy renovations (the whole building is). I seem to remember the owner told me it would be for a long while, maybe until next year. You can smoke in the container, and it doesn't look too bad in there (sofa etc), but I haven't been in so can't say with any certainty.
Thanks, be in town May 12-19 and wanted to check this shop out.
Do they have their apple pie treats and drinks available in the container?
Quazer

Post by Quazer »

Would be cool to see a picture of the said container. I liked Yoyo, nice Amnesia Haze.
Padge247

Post by Padge247 »

I think they sell drinks (not sure what I am basing this on, maybe I noticed people drinking tea sat on chairs outside), but no idea about apple cake, had no idea they ever sold anything like that !
Newto420

Post by Newto420 »

Sorry to ask the same question again, but what's the latest with Yo-yo? I will be visiting next week, and am interested to know what their trading situation is (I assume they're still in a shipping container for the time being), and what's good on the menu, if anybody has been recently? Thank you for any help you can offer :)
Padge247

Post by Padge247 »

I haven't been in for quite some time, but last time I walked past (maybe last week) they were still trading out of the container. You can sit and smoke in there by the looks of it, they have a comfy looking sofa and it looked as if there was a fridge back there so they may be selling drinks as well.
Newto420

Post by Newto420 »

Thank you Padge247, I'll check it out next week and post my findings too :)