Happy Days

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate Happy Days

I like Happy Days
No votes
I don't like Happy Days
No votes
I'm neutral, but I'd go there for a smoke
100%

Total votes: 1

Smith2

Happy Days

Post by Smith2 »

ACD page: https://www.coffeeshopdirect.com/HappyDays.html

A bit surprised that this shop doesn't seem to have been reviewed, given that it's the closest to the Vale of Tears that's the coach station. It was a more or less forced first stop for me, but I was curious.

No menu. The budtender asked, 'Weed?' and brought out four boxes. You had to ask the price; I chose an acceptable, but no better, gram of Crystal for €9. I was actually more intent on hash this time round, but didn't have the heart to ask, and didn't want to start the trip with some indifferent and probably overpriced Moroccan. The cappuccino was no better than acceptable either, but I wasn't charged for it, oddly; that's only happened to me when I was buying 5g of an expensive strain.

The tables were too low to be comfortable when typing or even smoking; it's more a local's buy and fly place, though it does have a pool table as well as a television. In the non-smoking section in the front, there's a free computer, but no wifi otherwise. No toilet, which is rather irritating but increasingly common.

I added a third option in the poll because I couldn't honestly vote that I like it or dislike it: it's acceptable, and the free coffee was a nice touch if probably a one-off, but I wouldn't choose it over another shop.

RvanSteensel

Re: Happy Days

Post by RvanSteensel »

how was the weed?
Relax and take notes , as I take tokes of the marihuana smoke
Smith2

Post by Smith2 »

As I said, acceptable but unmemorable. I should probably have gone for the cheese, which looked better, but it was a combination of tiredness from travel and being confronted with the lack of menu and having to ask for the prices, which I've never seen anywhere else.

I forgot to look to see if they do pre-rolled, as I never buy any, though that might be useful to someone planning to take a coach from Amstel Station who's already disposed of everything else one way or another.
RvanSteensel

Post by RvanSteensel »

Its better to be shown the weed ,
than just asking for sourdiesel without checking
and ending up with stuff without smell flavor or whateever
Relax and take notes , as I take tokes of the marihuana smoke
Padge247

Post by Padge247 »

So I intended to go here to see what it was like (very close to my appartment), but I ended up buying all I wanted to buy today from Top Weazle so I shall I have to save this for another day !

However for the first time I was asked by a group of kids (I would guess 12-15, but I dunno) to buy them some weed, just outside here (I obviously declined). Although I didn't see them ask anyone else, I could tell before I even got close that they were trying to find someone to buy for them.
elasticband

Post by elasticband »

i some some elementary school kids sharing an E-cig outside their school just a few days ago..... the new generation of smokers.
They must find it difficult, those who have taken authority as truth, rather than truth as authority
Padge247

Post by Padge247 »

So finally managed to go and check this place out.

The setup still seems like it was back in the 2012 review. No menu, when I walk in the guy asks 'weed ?' so I had a look. 3 strains, Amnesia (11e maybe), White Widow (Think he said 8e p/g but least sure about this one) and Crystal (8.50e p/g). I didn't fancy WW, and didn't look properly but the nugs looked decent enough from a distance.

The Amnesia could maybe have done with a better trim (personal preference plays a part here, but the bud generally seemed a little under trimmed), but had a decent aroma, and looked like it had plenty of trichs. However I didn't really fancy Amnesia, and it looked like it mite be a bit too sticky.

So I went for the crystal. Mild smell, hard to put my finger on what it reminds me of, maybe a bit of a bubblegum smell going on, but I'm not sure. The buds were not the great, getting towards the end of the tub, but all little buds, decent trich coverage. I was pleasantly surprised with the effect, mainly (if not pure) indica, more potent than I was expecting, nothing special in the flavour but it got the job done.

I don't think I will be back, I would prefer to walk a little bit further and get better bud for my money. That being said it isn't because this shop is particularly bad (though it wasn't a touch on the bud I got from Chapiteau earlier the same day), just because others are better. A menu would be a big improvement, but I guess it isn't really that much of a pain to manage without with only 3 strains.
mocro_polo

Post by mocro_polo »

latest menu Feb24

24K @ 16€/gr. Quality traditional Moroccan hash. Pretty clean and pleasant smoke. Nice high in general but probably 14€ would be right price.

ROYAL @ 12€/gr. Pretty nice traditional Moroccan hash. Good taste and effect. Right price
Attachments
046745F0-DD32-46EA-88B6-2EC1A2C54FFD_1_201_a.jpeg
046745F0-DD32-46EA-88B6-2EC1A2C54FFD_1_201_a.jpeg (176.76 KiB) Viewed 475 times
Lemming
Site Admin

Post by Lemming »

Thanks very much for the menu, @mocro_polo. It's now on the site here: https://coffeeshopmenus.org/cs-happy-days-ams.html