Black Star

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Do you like Black Star cs ?

I like the place
65%
I don't like the place
6%
I scored good stuff there
29%
I scored bad stuff there
No votes

Total votes: 17

Charsee

Black Star

Post by Charsee »

ACD Page: Black Star

Greetings everyone !

I don't know if I'm too stone or blind, but I couldn't find any thread about Black Star cs. Their menu looks pretty interesting, with good choice and fair prices, butù there are no comments whatsoever.

Anyone been there lately ? Nice place ? what about the stuff they offer ?

Thanks in advance

Irie !

Willjay

Re: Black Star

Post by Willjay »

www.stopthedrugwar.org
www.mpp.org
www.drugpolicy.org
Sailor59

Post by Sailor59 »

Walked past it a few times recently and it did not look inviting enough to go through the door. If you are there then you are 2 minutes from Paradox and a five minute walk from 1eHulp.
Matroos negenenvijftig
Charsee

Post by Charsee »

Paradox & 1st hulp are on my must-go list, and sannementereg not far either, provided it's re-opened for 4/20 !

Thanks for the link Willjay, I had already seen it. Mixed reviews, I guess I'll have to see for myself !

Irie !
gettingrimey

Post by gettingrimey »

I went there last year with my brother and have to say I quite enjoyed the place, you have to get buzzed which is no biggie once inside you are greeted by a very old school style establishment, like it hasn't been touched decoratively since the 80's, its quite cheap on the drink and weed side of things and of reasonable quality, there are a lot of african outdoor strains as well but didn't sample them. Everyone in there apart from the two of us were from Ghana and were all nice enough. went downstairs to some sort of Joesph Fritzel style basement that was playing really bass heavy 80's and 90's Dancehall, a lot of studio one stuff, but it was fucking grim down there like it could do with a bit of an air out and clean.
The kitsch kitchen place is over the road and is ace for browsing around while battered so a nice place for a pre shopping reefa.
I be chillin on the beach in the South of Venice
Or merking the President live on Channel 7
Charsee

Post by Charsee »

Cool, thanks gettingrimey, that's the kind of review I needed. I'll stop by there and at least sample the Ghanaian.

Irie !
Skyrat

Post by Skyrat »

are any of the outdoor strains on offer here actually any good? i spied them out on the menu's website and i've not seen another coffeeshop that has such a selection of outdoors and weaker varieties. i like to blaze pure and use thai/jamaican instead of tobacco to bulk up my joints, and i'm always on the look out for a good quality outdoor.

anyone tried their stuff?
LIL HAFFFF DEEEEEEAD
Colino

Post by Colino »

Skyrat wrote:are any of the outdoor strains on offer here actually any good? i spied them out on the menu's website and i've not seen another coffeeshop that has such a selection of outdoors and weaker varieties. i like to blaze pure and use thai/jamaican instead of tobacco to bulk up my joints, and i'm always on the look out for a good quality outdoor.

anyone tried their stuff?
best choice for outdoor is yo-yo, check it out! http://www.coffeeshopmenus.org/Yo-Yo/Menus/Yo-Yo.html
BeastMilk

Post by BeastMilk »

It's last updated 2011..
Colino

Post by Colino »

BeastMilk wrote:It's last updated 2011..
they do mostly outdoors every time of the year...
Padge247

Post by Padge247 »

Very big menu, nice enough staff. All pre weighed which I don't like, but the guy was happy to show me the bags and let me inspect the weed. Downstairs smoking area is as previously described, I love bass but maybe the speakers are too much....
NY Diesel
Cheese
Skyrat

Post by Skyrat »

paid black star a visit on saturday....didn't have to get buzzed in but i definitely get the vibe that this place has it's own clientele and is left pretty much alone, which is a shame because the outdoor i got there was a pleasure to smoke.

i got 3g of durban poison, which was a hard compressed block, almost like a chipboard texture. i asked about why it was so small for a 3g bag and the budtender explained that the weed had been compacted down. i've never heard of this before but i gave the benefit of the doubt and went through with it. grinding it up was a chore but once it was loosened up it almost became like a powder...it was mild and had a nice earthy taste, and acted as an amazing "bulking agent" for my pure joints (fuck tobacco!)

i didn't stay as i was on a buy'n'fly but (as a previous poster has already said) there were customers in there, all of which appeared to be of african nationality.

worth a look in i guess. :lol:
LIL HAFFFF DEEEEEEAD
KHene

blackstar

Post by KHene »

Another nice spot i found randomly walking around. Goid prices and the bhdtender super chill. The cheese here was nice especially for only 10\g. Strawberry haze 1.6 for 20 and awesome consistency .haven't tried yet though it looks and smells really good
treetop

Post by treetop »

n/t
Last edited by treetop on Tue 11th Oct 2016 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
How much did you produce?
spidergawd

Post by spidergawd »

Dark star is a great little place thats been there as far back as I recall, it was an African seamans hangout I vaguely :? remember, and my shipmate who I had a few spliffs with last night and was there at the time also vaguely :? remembers it as a place we used to score good grass among other bars like de kuil in the lane was good for hash, all import in those days. To be honest at the time, late 60s early 70s it was nothing remarkable as most of europes sea ports where much the same in the docks areas, all around the world really, I've scored as easy in New Jersey or Heuston as any where.:): but times changed docks moved out of the cities so all those fantastic smoker bars in Bremen and Antwerp all those places withered and died. I remember we used to go to one in Bremerhaven called the Flop House absolutely out of this world for the times, think the Hippie Rokerij (RIP). But Amsterdam has a magic spark about it, it also has/had one of the most famous and easily accessible, (for brits among others) Red Light District so the tourists were already there and the times were right and the building blocks were there, along came the backpackers and the hippies and a lot of water has flowed down the Amstel since. And I think thats where I've just wandered to. :)
Always had a nice bit of weed from here back in the day but in latter years it's menu has gone crazy for such a small shop. I always get a bit of the Durban or Jamaican just for the old time taste, but a good filler for the price. :D

It aint what it was, but what is? I daresay one day it will go, but who knows, Amsterdam still grooves along. Just aint gonna be the Disneyland it once was for a few years back there :D
What a long strange trip it is.