The Plug XXX (formerly Rusland)

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate Rusland

I like Rusland
84%
I don't like Rusland
16%

Total votes: 63

Shaggy

Re: Rusland

Post by Shaggy »

Went to the Rusland a couple of times last week. It's really changed since I last went. The old hippy style and vibe has been madeover and the place is pretty lush and well laid out now. It was pretty quiet but the budtender was friendly and the vibe was good. Tried a g each of Neville's Haze, (18% THC) and Dr Grinspoon ( supposedly 22.8% THC). They listed the THC content for all strains. I thought both were very good and well finished. The Grinspoon was the nicest tasting smoke of all I had on this visit, and its stoning was very nice indeed.

Overall this coffeeshop is better than its been for the last 20 years. I always go to this one because it was the best coffeshop I ever went to in the 80s. They had a good range of weed and a nice selection of hash.

aVeryOldLady

Post by aVeryOldLady »

Went here this week. First of all, we were informed that having at least one drink per person is mandatory, which was no problem because we were planning on staying longer. It still is a shitty rule, if I hadn't been really stoned I would have walked out of the door without another word.
So then I was the second in line with my friend in front of me getting a drink and weed. the plan was for him to get some and the rest of my friends behind me also getting some weed for thmeselves, with me smoking through my stash. Upon not buying weed, the female budtender asked me if I wanna buy some, and when I said no, she told me that this will never be enough for a group of 5 people. Seriously? I only was second in line.
Also, we were told that we are only allowed to smoke weed we bought there. Fuck that! I smoked through my stash the entire time.
I have no plans to return here. Wish the old style of the coffeeshop & owner would be back.

What I tried from friends:

Rolex OG Kush 17€ - Totally overpriced. It was on my smoke list though :mrgreen: so I had to smoke it somewhere. Nothing I will remember, there are better Kushes and Indicas in general, especially for less money.

Ak47.0 8,50€ - The '.0' supposedly stands for a high CBD content. Classic AK smell and effect. Same as it is available all over town, so I wouldn't return for that either.

White Russian 11€ (according to the latest menu picture?) - Supposedly an Indica, I wasn't able to tell at the time I smoked it. This weed wasn't even able to cut through my already accumulated high (or stoned, as I kept smoking Kushes).
petrone

Post by petrone »

Here in march 2015 and like the lady says, it,s all changed. So many good memories over the years of some of the work-force and some constant local customers,even witnessed a staff sacking one time.The older couple to administer it were two of the most stoned, I,ve come across in Amsterdam, the owners no doubt and the employee was later reinstated. It seems like a lot of the property has been sold off leaving a more standardised unit behind without the previous nooks and crannies and a loss of character. I used to have it as a last port of call before a pre-bedtme smoke in Vondel Park before retiring to my lodgings for the night. Disturbingly on my last visit, one of the staff was hassling the shop cat which had obviously been around longer than him. I gather t,Ballonetje was owned by the same people and remains constant to it,s origins. If the same owners, no idea but it,s on my list as well as one I,ve yet to encounter, Balou near Rembrantplein.
Rusland, Adieu! now that your god is Mammon, no more, no more.
Cry Tuff

Post by Cry Tuff »

Popped in here middle of last week for first time in a year or so . Had no idea it had had a makeover . What a shame . The vibe of old has completely been lost and , if my eaves dropping on tender/customer is correct , then they now have the wankers policy of telling you that you have to buy drink AND dope to hang around . Had I known that before I sat down with a coffee and some decidedly average AK , I wouldn't have bothered . Young lad doing the business was pleasant enough , if trying a bit too hard . Never been keen on being addressed as ' my friend ' . Another place crossed off .
Fat_old_dwarf

Post by Fat_old_dwarf »

Rusland was my first coffeeshop, in 1981, when there weren't very many. It seemed to undergo a full-scale makeover every time I went, but it was always one of the best in town. When I rediscovered Mokum in 2011 after years away, it was still worth going to, and I did what amounted to a photo series of Chica the cat that year. So many memories.

But it's not the same any more. I've looked in twice, but didn't buy anything, let alone stay, on recent visits. I don't want to write it off entirely, but it looks as though I have to.
FlyByNite

Post by FlyByNite »

New menu for Rusland dated June 10, 2016. Thanks to tyson.

http://www.coffeeshopmenus.org/Rusland/ ... sland.html

Enjoy
FlyByNite
amirsh1

Post by amirsh1 »

FlyByNite wrote:New menu for Rusland dated June 10, 2016. Thanks to tyson.

http://www.coffeeshopmenus.org/Rusland/ ... sland.html

Enjoy
FlyByNite
Thank you FlyByNite, a great opportunity to thank you for all of your great work with the menus.
Just noticed the date mentioned over there is the 19/06/2016, is this a menu back from the future? :mrgreen:
FlyByNite

Post by FlyByNite »

No, Europeans reverse the date and month.

Enjoy
FlyByNite
amsterdam1

Post by amsterdam1 »

Yes but 6/19 Isn't here yet. 19/6 hours however you write it. Menu from the future
wietzakje

Post by wietzakje »

bought some morrocan cheese hash for 19 euro it was a high price but damn that hash is nice
Searching for the best weed !
MJ420

Post by MJ420 »

amsterdam1 wrote: Mon 13th Jun 2016 08:53 pm Yes but 6/19 Isn't here yet. 19/6 hours however you write it. Menu from the future
19JUN2016 has come and gone.
Not_the_monk

Post by Not_the_monk »

MJ420 wrote:
amsterdam1 wrote: Mon 13th Jun 2016 08:53 pm Yes but 6/19 Isn't here yet. 19/6 hours however you write it. Menu from the future
19JUN2016 has come and gone.
Not when that was posted it hadn't.
Junglist Movement

Post by Junglist Movement »

Saw this place has a rosin press now. Handy with these popping up around the place.. I don't need to bring a diy kit with me next time im in town.
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

I didn´t bought any weed/hash from them since more than 3 years :lol: but they showed a pretty interesting looking hash called "Russian Gold" on their instagram page that looked pretty good to me... so I give it a go.

Russian Gold hash (16€/g) - Reminds me a little of the Alladins Wish from Coffeeshop Kadinsky I had some time ago but that one here is a bit darker and oilier. The hash smelled very natural like a new school maroc with kind of spicy and earthy scents... it´s also sticky but in a classic way so you don´t need to do it into the fridge or something to get it out of the baggy... also the taste is pretty nice and feels clean to me... smoked through the bong it produces very thick smoke and is great to smoke...
The effect is more uplifting but with some relaxing effects, too and strong enough. Well for 16€/g it could be more special in effect in my opinion but overall it´s a nice product... when it would be 3-4€ cheaper it would be on my list every time :roll:

TwoCanucks

Post by TwoCanucks »

Can only comment on the atmosphere and service, which were both tremendous. cannot remember what we bought, but it was nice and stuck around for a bit as the footy game was on the tub
Amsterdam dreaming.............