The Plug XXX (formerly Rusland)

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate Rusland

I like Rusland
84%
I don't like Rusland
16%

Total votes: 63

Kingdoc

Post by Kingdoc »

Na dodgy dealer aside it is a decent place,A good hash coffeeshop 8).

gapie

Post by gapie »

and is rusland closed ??? whats happening ???? is it sold ?!@?
GetHigh,DoStuff&Dont give a FUCK!
highlyblessed

Post by highlyblessed »

gapie wrote:and is rusland closed ??? whats happening ???? is it sold ?!@?
still open and for sale
blesssss
j-smoker

Post by j-smoker »

how much is it for sale for?! do you have to be dutch to buy? if only
We cant stop here this is bat country
BlueCarpetTreatment

Post by BlueCarpetTreatment »

Still one of my favorite CS to have a chill smoke. I've been there 2 days ago. Definitely the best Hash I had on my trip.
Stoonergirl

Great place

Post by Stoonergirl »

Rusland is one of my favorite coffeeshops. visited many times when i was in dam.. very friendly staff, great design and chill sitting places, not so many tourist,. awsome music. what more can you ask for ? Try the Amnesia haze , tastes good and makes you fly higher then the sky :twisted:
Light it up
seanlyall

Post by seanlyall »

Went here with a few mates and we all bought a gram, I was up last and I bought a gram of White Balloon that they had and was looking at buying a few grams of hash aswell but the dude behind the bar had just shouted at my mates telling them to leave and when I asked why he said that we couldnt expect to sit in if we only bought a gram each. I went back the next day to get my hash as I wasnt buying again when that guy was there. I bough 2 grams of Maroc 3 Afghan and another gram of White Balloon, all great btw :D
One convenient location... in Africa.
wietroker

Post by wietroker »

seanlyall wrote:Went here with a few mates and we all bought a gram, I was up last and I bought a gram of White Balloon that they had and was looking at buying a few grams of hash aswell but the dude behind the bar had just shouted at my mates telling them to leave and when I asked why he said that we couldnt expect to sit in if we only bought a gram each. I went back the next day to get my hash as I wasnt buying again when that guy was there. I bough 2 grams of Maroc 3 Afghan and another gram of White Balloon, all great btw :D
How bizarre! Most shops only get a drink out of me and not even a gram and never had a problem with it.

It wasn't the regular guy who is there most of the time was it? Tall white Dutch guy with dreads? Coz he is pretty laid back. And this place has never had a "buy more of our shit" type attitude either - you certainly don't need it to use their smoking room.
seanlyall

Post by seanlyall »

wietroker wrote:
seanlyall wrote:Went here with a few mates and we all bought a gram, I was up last and I bought a gram of White Balloon that they had and was looking at buying a few grams of hash aswell but the dude behind the bar had just shouted at my mates telling them to leave and when I asked why he said that we couldnt expect to sit in if we only bought a gram each. I went back the next day to get my hash as I wasnt buying again when that guy was there. I bough 2 grams of Maroc 3 Afghan and another gram of White Balloon, all great btw :D
How bizarre! Most shops only get a drink out of me and not even a gram and never had a problem with it.

It wasn't the regular guy who is there most of the time was it? Tall white Dutch guy with dreads? Coz he is pretty laid back. And this place has never had a "buy more of our shit" type attitude either - you certainly don't need it to use their smoking room.
The guy was dutch and he didnt have dreads that I noticed haha. I have seen him there on previous trips and I never had any trouble apart from this time. The chick the next day was awesome however :D
One convenient location... in Africa.
j-smoker

Post by j-smoker »

always liked this shop. decent weed (not spectacular), chilled out vibe and plenty seats.
We cant stop here this is bat country
ItsCashed

Re: Rusland

Post by ItsCashed »

I was here back in Aug of this year, apparently they found a buyer. I was curious if anyone had been by latley? Have they begun renovating? Is it even open anymore?
sellvegas

Post by sellvegas »

dont know i was there in May and it was good to go :)

im gonna stop in an get some hash and probly cup entry from them this year if they are competing like normal.

the ruskies are always at the melkweg or cannabis cup concerts/events hollering and being nice and friendly HUGE smiles --

great guys and their hash IS superb for the most part -
Shaggy

Post by Shaggy »

I was in Rusland a few weeks back and ended up going there 3 times in all in 4/5 days. Everything I bought there was good, some Tbisla morrocan (9 euro per g), some gardelia morrocan (13g and very nice indeed) and some White Widow weed which was very good for the price (8 euro per g) the WW was the best quality/value of all the different weeds I tried during that visit. I didn't try the Afghan because it was so cheap, but wish I had now I've read a recent very positive comment on the 3 favourite coffeeshop's thread.

Thought it was a chilled atmosphere and liked the cat although it got in the way a bit as I was rolling the first one up.

This was one of the original coffeeshops, perhaps explaining why it's coffeeshop no: 001, and was a place I went in back in 1984/5ish. Back then they had the best weed and hash in Amsterdam and had the biggest selection of products of any I went in then.

It was featured in an old Homegrown magazine I've still got to this day, dated from 1980, with a small printed map which was how I located it. I've been in there just about every time I've been to Amsterdam and still like it in there now. I like the way it's tiered into 3 levels, with serving bar at the top, smoking room/entrance at street level and a comfy bit down the stairs. It's got a high number of locals (which is usually a good sign) and is a bit off the beaten track although it's just round the corner from Basjoe's and Bagheera.

The budtender(s) were friendly, it never got too packed, and I really felt at home there. Drinks prices were reasonable and no hassle about smoking stuff from elsewhere.

This was the first place I smoked Dutch home grown weed. Back then there were only two varieties knocking about, Outdoor Sensimilla and Indoor Sensimilla, the last being a beautiful smoke, which the budtender then was very proud of, and rightly so. The rest of the selection were a big variety of hashes, Afghan, Nepali, Moroccan, about a dozen in all (which was an enormous selection then) and several import grasses - Columbian, Nigerian, thai and the like. They sold the best stuff in Amsterdam back then by a long way IMHO.

Will go there again next time I'm in Amsterdam.
bl00dm00n

Post by bl00dm00n »

is anyone able to post or to tell the newest coffeeshop menue?
or is it still the same wich you can find online?
like the person above we ended up in amsterdam just chillin in ruslands all day :P ...well and thats what i wanna go for when i come back ... on monday :P
Smith2

Post by Smith2 »

Sadly not, but you can see a little from here: https://picasaweb.google.com/kurwamac/R ... 0608413442 taken earlier this month.

I went there again for the cheap Afghan, which doesn't seem all that wonderful even as a standard now; it doesn't burn cleanly, and I'm sure that it did before. But it's still smokeable. Unfortunately, I'm running out of the charras from Siberië that I mix with it, which is indeed a lovely smoke.

Shaggy's post makes me go all nostalgic. It was my first coffeeshop as well, in 1981, when things were very different. God, I feel old.