Maximillian Easy Going, Haarlem

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate Easy Going

I like Easy Going
80%
I don't like Easy Going
20%

Total votes: 10

Lafe

Maximillian Easy Going, Haarlem

Post by Lafe »

ACD Page: Maximillian Easy Going, Haarlem

On Monday 04 December we made a trip to Haarlem to scout used LPs. I had been to this place before but never purchased. Did we ever find some frosty buds at a very fair price at Easy Going. The budtender was super.

We saw a number of people purchase the Easy Skunk and Easy Mix while we were there. On the BT's recommendation, we bought a nice chunk of White Widow by merely pointing to the one we wanted. I think it weighed out at 1.8g. The container was FULL of dense, frosty buds that were well cured and well cared for. See for yourself, the first photo is of the chunk of WW we bought, and the rest is Easy Skunk. The photos don't do the weed justice.

Really, the difference in the weed in this shop and a lot of what we saw in Amsterdam is like buying your produce at the farmer's market or at the supermarket. I cannot recommend this little gem of a shop enough. It's a fine hangout as well as a great place to score.

If I had to do this trip over (what an intriguing thought :-), I would head straight to Easy Going ASAP and load up. My only regret is not trying the rest of the menu. I didn't look at the hash.

One of these photos makes fine desktop wallpaper. I leave it to the reader to figure it out..... :-)

White Widow

Easy Skunk

Menus

[Edited for correct date of visit.]
Last edited by Lafe on Wed 27th Dec 2006 03:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FlyByNite

Post by FlyByNite »

Both trip reports are great. May I use one of the menus on my Coffeeshop Menus page.
mazdog

Post by mazdog »

those buds look great!
'enjoy the pain while it lasts' - Dj TRON
AzLaker

Post by AzLaker »

Nice write up to go along the pictures Lafe. Will give it a look see while we're there...some tasty looking buds. :)

AzLaker
8)
If you never do, you'll never know.
Lafe

Post by Lafe »

flybynight: sure, go ahead and post them.

Az- after you leave the train station on the right, and after stopping at WW's shop right there, just keep walking to and past the Grote Markt on Kruisweg/Kruisstraat.

Stay on that end of the market, and keep going on Koningstraat until you cross Oude Gracht and enter another smaller square . There is a herring stand there.

Turn right and make your way through that square to the end of it and you will find Easy Going. I checked the address listed on the ACD (Barrevoetestraat 23) and it appears to be correct.

BTW you will pass Funky Harlem Records just after you pass through Grote Markt on Koningstraat, a worthy stop.

BTW how about those airfares from the U.S. for the 4:20 time frame? Best I can do is $833 and it has not budged for weeks.
AzLaker

Post by AzLaker »

Thanks Lafe for the info....jotted down those directions. Going to stop in at WW Indica while we're there and say hello to Mile High Denver.

Have you checked out this web site.....http://www.kayak.com/....worth a look. The cheapest for me with the times I'm looking at, are $821 out of Phx.

AzLaker
8)
If you never do, you'll never know.
Lafe

Post by Lafe »

Az -

We stopped by Indica but MHD was not there.

re: Kayak, yeah it's pretty good. I have been using cheaptickets.com quite a bit. They have a flexible search that you can do over a 30 day period, specifying the length of the trip.

Your $8xx airfare is about what I expected. Just keep an eye out for airfare sales. If I see anything, I'll shoot you a PM.

http://www.cheaptickets.com/App/ViewRou ... =ff09&r=1e

Last year around this time, there were some $375 fares on Northwest from many places in the U.S. That's $375 total - no kidding. I wanted to jump on it but just couldn't get it worked out, since the dates on sale were in March. Hopefully there will be a sale and we'll see something in the $600-$700 range. On this recent trip, we paid $611 each R/T.
FlyByNite

Post by FlyByNite »

Lafe wrote:flybynight: sure, go ahead and post them.
Thank you very much, it has been posted and you have been credited. Many people will enjoy it.

Enjoy
FlyByNite
strangename

Post by strangename »

Nice pictures and a good advert to go on a shopping trip to get some supplies. The prices look pretty darn good...just might have to take a little excursion in the spring.
bedge

Re: CS Easy Going: Haarlem

Post by bedge »

I will have to give easy going a go!
i will fit it in with ww and birdys on my trip 8-12 january.
i like the sound of this place!!.
Anyone been to Birdys??
i have heard good things about this place but never been (yet)
it is on the other side of the railway station (eg go out the tunnel at the other side.)And prices look better than Amsterdam.
Nice report 8)
bedge
Boner

Post by Boner »

At last someone else thats been, I went when I last stopped in Haarlem.

Do they still have the tortoise table and did you try the shoarma from the shop thats right by it? best shoarma ever.
Being pedantic and knobbish since 1972
Lemming
Site Admin

Post by Lemming »

Not much about this shop on the main site. Lafe, Boner or anyone care to email me a review for there?
Lafe

Post by Lafe »

Not much about this shop on the main site. Lafe, Boner or anyone care to email me a review for there?
You'll have it today.

Boner - yep, tortoise table is still there. Thanks for the tip on the shoarma.

I did sample the herring at the other end of the square, though :-)
bluenote

Post by bluenote »

I think we stumbled upon Easy Going quite by accident. But we were extremely happy we did. Very good vibe here. Plus, top notch Haarlem gear and prices...now, how do I find it again?? :lol:
Boner

Post by Boner »

Picked up a couple of grams of the Orange Bud, nice example and awesome people watching spot.
Being pedantic and knobbish since 1972