The Plug (formerly Utopia)

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate The Plug (formerly Utopia)

I like The Plug
90%
I don't like The Plug
10%

Total votes: 269

Billyjoe

Re: Utopia

Post by Billyjoe »

RoMoney wrote: Sat 13th Jan 2018 01:35 pm
Billyjoe wrote: Wed 10th Jan 2018 08:45 pm But every time I tried some so called high end Indian hash at 20+ euro the gram it was weird, did not seem like real Indian hash, more like some rosin/extract.
In my opinion, what gets exported from the sub-continent to HK is probably what Indian workers there smoke, standard charas, and it is unlikely to be from the Parvatti valley region which is the champagne region so to speak for Indian charas. The stuff that good coffeeshops import is usually sourced from Parvatti valley and some of them have people on the ground there (and also in Morocco) working with farmers to create higher quality stuff from western genetics. I spent two months in Parvatti valley in 2005 and the best cream there was always like extracts. I would compare it to something like the Critical Mass in Bluebird that literally sticks to the baggie on you and would be better dabbed.

We didn't dab any of it, I was a tobacco smoker at the time so it was all chillums......Boom Shiva!

Was there even dabbing in 2005? I think the nearest thing I'd ever seen to dabbing at that time was hot knives!

Hello Dude,

if coffeeshops have peoples on the ground working with farmers, why is black hash so bad quality in The Nederlands ?
And about Hong Kong it is close to Nepal and India with a big immigration from there and the hash smuggled is usually swallowed so only the best quality is smuggled, yellow bullet it is called.
In my opinion Hong Kong is most likely to have the best hash from India/Nepal compared to Amsterdam.

kalima

Post by kalima »

RoMoney wrote: Sat 13th Jan 2018 01:35 pm
Billyjoe wrote: Wed 10th Jan 2018 08:45 pm But every time I tried some so called high end Indian hash at 20+ euro the gram it was weird, did not seem like real Indian hash, more like some rosin/extract.
In my opinion, what gets exported from the sub-continent to HK is probably what Indian workers there smoke, standard charas, and it is unlikely to be from the Parvatti valley region which is the champagne region so to speak for Indian charas. The stuff that good coffeeshops import is usually sourced from Parvatti valley and some of them have people on the ground there (and also in Morocco) working with farmers to create higher quality stuff from western genetics. I spent two months in Parvatti valley in 2005 and the best cream there was always like extracts. I would compare it to something like the Critical Mass in Bluebird that literally sticks to the baggie on you and would be better dabbed.

We didn't dab any of it, I was a tobacco smoker at the time so it was all chillums......Boom Shiva!

Was there even dabbing in 2005? I think the nearest thing I'd ever seen to dabbing at that time was hot knives!
Yes the best quality couldn't come under 2500m or it wouldn't come of the plastic, :mrgreen: :mrgreen: i first went in '88, and over the 10 years i spent there, the quality definately went up , but the best charas/creme was always smoked there, as most of us stayed months, and didn't save it, too much puja for Shiva with our chillums , Jai Shankar
RoMoney

Post by RoMoney »

kalima wrote: Sat 13th Jan 2018 02:07 pm Yes the best quality couldn't come under 2500m or it wouldn't come of the plastic, :mrgreen: :mrgreen: i first went in '88, and over the 10 years i spent there, the quality definately went up , but the best charas/creme was always smoked there, as most of us stayed months, and didn't save it, too much puja for Shiva with our chillums , Jai Shankar
When I was there in 2005 some farmers in parvatti had bubble bags that a French guy had brought and swapped for charas. People used to swap electronics for charas too, but I heard with the road there now, it's all changed and modernised.

I got all nostalgic and pulled out a few pics of Malana which I had and posted up a quick travelogue, as a Parvatti veteran, you may enjoy :mrgreen: Link below.

https://www.coffeeshopdirect.com/forum/ ... 94#p410694
Bring back Imelda Marcos!
RoMoney

Post by RoMoney »

Billyjoe wrote: Sat 13th Jan 2018 02:03 pm Hello Dude,

if coffeeshops have peoples on the ground working with farmers, why is black hash so bad quality in The Nederlands ?
And about Hong Kong it is close to Nepal and India with a big immigration from there and the hash smuggled is usually swallowed so only the best quality is smuggled, yellow bullet it is called.
In my opinion Hong Kong is most likely to have the best hash from India/Nepal compared to Amsterdam.
As I said, this is some of the better coffeeshops and the quality varies wildly between coffeeshops, many don't care about quality at all (suprisingly just like normal drug dealers :mrgreen: ). There are coffeeshops though that provide resources and support to some farmers who produce for them, and as I mentioned this also happens (even more so actually as less gov clampdowns) in Morocco. Kalima also made a fair point that a lot of the "creme de la creme" of the creams don't even leave Parvatti valley.

I can't really speak for HK as I haven't been there, but as I said I would've thought Indian/Nepali workers would mean lots of normal type charas being available versus high end type creams. It sounds like you are after good charas versus a high end cream and just haven't found one in Amsterdam yet.
Bring back Imelda Marcos!
Fat_old_dwarf

Post by Fat_old_dwarf »

OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

RoMoney wrote: Sat 13th Jan 2018 01:35 pm Was there even dabbing in 2005? I think the nearest thing I'd ever seen to dabbing at that time was hot knives!
Dabbing is just posh hot-knives all the 70's/80's kids know that, you're showing your age Ro ;)

Cracking menu at Utopia at the moment - nice to see Mother of all Berries finally making its way across the North Sea. I have a feeling that 'cheese cookies' might actually be the UGORG Disco Biscuits too. Another UK strain.
Also nice to see the prices capping out at €15.
macky

Post by macky »

OneHighMofo wrote: Sun 14th Jan 2018 08:36 pm
RoMoney wrote: Sat 13th Jan 2018 01:35 pm Was there even dabbing in 2005? I think the nearest thing I'd ever seen to dabbing at that time was hot knives!
Dabbing is just posh hot-knives all the 70's/80's kids know that, you're showing your age Ro ;)

Cracking menu at Utopia at the moment - nice to see Mother of all Berries finally making its way across the North Sea. I have a feeling that 'cheese cookies' might actually be the UGORG Disco Biscuits too. Another UK strain.
Also nice to see the prices capping out at €15.
Does sound nice ,mates been growing Head cheese for awhile another nice English strain.
Not sure prices topping out at 15e is.... :D
Skull_Kid1888

Post by Skull_Kid1888 »

Has anyone tried the "Utopia Hash" @7€? Heading over in a couple of weeks and my budget dictates that I need to find some value to counterbalance my more "luxurious" purchases. I struggle to believe, at that price, it warrants the "Not for Beginners" tag (Utopia love to band that one around). But thinking 5g for £30(same cost as the King Hassan from D2/Tweede, my usual cheap hash) it could be a good buy?
It's all about THC for me.
CopenhagenCouple

Post by CopenhagenCouple »

It might be worth a try, alternative could be Amnesia Hash at Central which several here, including us, found to be one of the best value for money offerings last year when it comes to hash (and obviously KH at tweede like you mentioned). Was planning on giving Utopia's a go in April, please let us know how it fares...
Always know where your towel is! :wtf: :lol:
Skull_Kid1888

Post by Skull_Kid1888 »

Yeah, will definitely try it and report back. The Amnesia from Central is also now added to my shopping list.
Fat_old_dwarf

Post by Fat_old_dwarf »

Skull_Kid1888 wrote: Fri 19th Jan 2018 09:06 pm Has anyone tried the "Utopia Hash" @7€? Heading over in a couple of weeks and my budget dictates that I need to find some value to counterbalance my more "luxurious" purchases. I struggle to believe, at that price, it warrants the "Not for Beginners" tag (Utopia love to band that one around). But thinking 5g for £30(same cost as the King Hassan from D2/Tweede, my usual cheap hash) it could be a good buy?
It's a mix of what I suspect may not always be the same proportion of isolator hashes. No special taste, but very much about bang for the buck. I always get a 5g deal of this; a pipe with a layer of this, some melty black hash and some decent green to encourage combustion is very close to that mythical ideal smoke.
Skull_Kid1888

Post by Skull_Kid1888 »

Cheers, sounds like just what I'm looking for. I know you can't expect the world at that price but a 5g purchase at €30 to have in my stash sounds like a wise purchase. I will try the Amnesia from Central and compare the two.

I'm a fan of the King Hassan from Tweede, but it is more about the flavour than strength IMO. Might mix the 2 together with some cheap weed for a bumper budget biffta! :mrgreen:
Fat_old_dwarf

Post by Fat_old_dwarf »

I've gone for both the 2e Kamer KH and the Amnesia Hash from Central in the past, as a good meat-and-potatoes to which exotic types may be added. Though I haven't had the former for a while -- the block hashes are just too tempting when I'm there (or in what I'll still call Dampkring II), and I'm not sure if Central are still doing the latter. Do let us know how you get on.
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

I also had the Utopia Hash (7€/g) which was indeed pretty nice for the price. It´s really kind of ice hash maybe made from outdoor trim... bubbles a little when hit by the flame...

what I can add is the Light Zero (6€/g) from Best friends which is usually also pretty nice moroccan hash for the price :mrgreen: and different than the KH from Tweede/Dampkring#2.
deebzy75

Post by deebzy75 »

long time lurker but long time utopia consumer
last visited nov 2017 and somehow just found 2 g of kahmir 20 euro a gram in the freezer
now i remember putting it there but it iced over

fucking great smoke well worth the cash