The Plug (formerly Utopia)

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate The Plug (formerly Utopia)

I like The Plug
90%
I don't like The Plug
10%

Total votes: 269

macky

Re: The Plug (formerly Utopia)

Post by macky »

Hate to say it but...Dam,s on way out :D
Right now you can buy weed for half the price and after we go legal it will be about 5euro.s a gram.
With price of hotels and apartments :shock: and the fact most weed is put through shake box...enough said :mrgreen:

Willjay

Post by Willjay »

macky wrote: Sat 14th Jul 2018 12:52 pm Hate to say it but...Dam,s on way out :D
Right now you can buy weed for half the price and after we go legal it will be about 5euro.s a gram.
With price of hotels and apartments :shock: and the fact most weed is put through shake box...enough said :mrgreen:
I have to agree with you :) I was reading djshaggy trip report when he flew through the airport and made it to Voyager’s in record time :D and thought that soon we on this side of the pond can hop a flight and be smoking in nothing flat 8) :mrgreen:
www.stopthedrugwar.org
www.mpp.org
www.drugpolicy.org
DjShaggy

Post by DjShaggy »

the stampede next year could be alot of fun
ignoring spellcheck since 1986
godhed

Post by godhed »

Last March, Utopia was the only coffeeshop I liked that hadn't been "renovated".
I've been coming to Amsterdam yearly from Canada for over a decade but the dope has became too expensive, the hotels and apartments too expensive and the coffeeshops have been turned into electrical lock-ups, like jails.
I've had a medical prescription here in CanadA for 2 years and we'll be doing full legal country-wide in 3 months.
No point in going to Amsterdam anymore.
Even the red light district has gone to shit. :|
jonah1983

Post by jonah1983 »

Was in here in may never visited it before as utopia so can't compare got the El chapo not a bad smoke but not the best iv had before nice girl behind the counter informed me you can take 5 or 10 euros of anything aswell if u like
RoMoney

Post by RoMoney »

Was in over the weekend. Ingi is still working there as is the English dude (not James, the other one). Massive menu, had the OG Reekin but can't recall what it was like (it was one of those weekends), interior is not too bad, though the seats seem to be modelled on Dutch stairs and are not comfy at all. The seats would make me thing they want to be a Grey Area buy and fly place and perhaps use the new lounge for people who want to chill.

Would need to work the menu more and spend a bit more time there, but interesting overall.
Bring back Imelda Marcos!
gapie

Post by gapie »

GetHigh,DoStuff&Dont give a FUCK!
KeyMonCha

Post by KeyMonCha »

Was in here mid-July... No hash listed on the menu! :shock:

Asked if they had any, and was shown some 'Cherry'... Really sticky, with a dark, earthy smell... I suppose i could convince myself it had a slight cherry overtone... A complete nightmare to roll with, especially in the summer heat, but it was different enough, taste-wise, to warrant the effort.... Had a taste similar to the Afghan hash GA had a few years back.

Can't really say it was a head-smasher, and i think it was similarly priced to Bagheera's 24k, but i'd try it again just to be sure i'm being fair... Aside from that, there's better on offer at this price range.

Regarding decor and clientele... I went in here at about 11pm on a wednesday night and it was quiet but for a couple smoking outside... Seemed reasonably relaxing, music was chilled, and there was no sign of British Wanksters... Didn't really think any of the renovations had negatively impacted the place, tbh... Didn't recognise the BT, but he was friendly and as helpful as could be expected with one hash on the menu. :lol:
WLow

Post by WLow »

Your description of the cherry pie shows that's a totally different hash that i had, you could just sprinkle on top of your joint, no nightmare to roll.

i paid 15€ gr and noticed it change to 12€ during july.
KeyMonCha

Post by KeyMonCha »

WLow wrote: Tue 14th Aug 2018 06:04 pm Your description of the cherry pie shows that's a totally different hash that i had, you could just sprinkle on top of your joint, no nightmare to roll.

i paid 15€ gr and noticed it change to 12€ during july.
Interesting... Like i said, the batch i had certainly had a slight, cherry-like whiff, so i'm not sure it was a totally different hash, but rather a different batch... Indeed, the first crumble fluffed up delightfully, but every subsequent pinch would result in a thickening layer of really sticky oil covering my finger and thumb, sticky enough to lift a full can of Coke™ in the air, and make touching the rolling paper almost impossible without serious stoner issues!! :cry:

....Ended up having to have a pile of dry tobacco to crumble into powder and coat my fingers before every crumble of the hash, and even then it was tricky...

...Again, not a bad hash, but i can get better stuff that's easier (for me) to work with, at an equal or cheaper price elsewhere. 8)
WLow

Post by WLow »

I only had a gram and it was smoked right away didn't really kept some so maybe it could had been sticky with more heat applied, should of taken a picture but we were on the road for festival so...

Like you said it was good but there's better :mrgreen:
Juice

Post by Juice »

Do they sell milkshakes and smoothies? whats the atmosphere like is it good for chilling?
KeyMonCha

Post by KeyMonCha »

WLow wrote: Tue 14th Aug 2018 10:49 pm...should of taken a picture but we were on the road for festival so...
I managed to get a pic, but the macro mode on my camera is a little useless. :roll:

...This is the best shot i have;

WLow

Post by WLow »

It looks similar to the sample i had, light brown fluffy/crumbly.
Fat_old_dwarf

Post by Fat_old_dwarf »

I was planning to look in at least on this trip, and perhaps try something. But I didn't see any staff I knew, so didn't bother going in. Later I ran into Ingi elsewhere, and she's no longer working there. I should have asked about James and Ahmed, but didn't. So as far as I'm concerned there's no reason to pretend it isn't as bad as it is, or will ever get any better. For those who like that sort of thing, that is the sort of thing they like, as the saying goes, and I hope they're happy with it.