The Plug (formerly Utopia)

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate The Plug (formerly Utopia)

I like The Plug
90%
I don't like The Plug
10%

Total votes: 269

memogram

Re: Utopia

Post by memogram »

fucking amazing menu, thanks for posting it. Is Utopia open all hours or due to that closure thing at certain times now?

choppermike

Post by choppermike »

Belter of a menu there FOD. Wouldn't really have to move too far away from Utopia, if one was in town. Things are looking very good for next month.
.. in the avoid curve :mrgreen:
aVeryOldLady

Post by aVeryOldLady »

Citral sounds really interesting and has received a great deal of praise on here. What are its genetics? Is it a Haze? And how about the effects?
macky

Post by macky »

aVeryOldLady wrote: Sun 19th Mar 2017 01:14 am Citral sounds really interesting and has received a great deal of praise on here. What are its genetics? Is it a Haze? And how about the effects?

Not sure genetic could google it but,onehighmofo will be along to enlighten us 8)
But what I do know ,its a local grower who,s father grew the strain before he took over.
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

Citral is most likely Hindu Kush or Pakistani genetics probs from nirvana seeds
la2019

Post by la2019 »

So do you think it would be a reasonable stand in for Hindu Kush? Arriving on Thursday and haven't seen HK on any of the more recent menus...
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

la2019 wrote: Sun 19th Mar 2017 04:29 pm So do you think it would be a reasonable stand in for Hindu Kush? Arriving on Thursday and haven't seen HK on any of the more recent menus...
I believe it to be Hindu Kush - or very closely related.
So yes I'd say it would be a close experience to something named HK.

There's also purple varietal called Pakistan Chitral Kush from a seed bank called Cannabiogen that also has a similar earthy, sandy, citric vibe albeit with a subtle hint of red grapes. Yum
la2019

Post by la2019 »

My God that sounds fantastic! Thanks for the info OHM!
ZBeebs

Post by ZBeebs »

Here now, 3rd visit this week. Got the citral the first two visits and it is excellent. Smoothy, tasty, packs a punch. If I could bring a clone home, this might be it. Might not be the strongest, but close... Just super enjoyable. Was also great in 2014, very consistent.

Gapie just walked over and packed my bong, said it was something his friend made. Haha I love this place.

I got the sweet OG this visit. Was pretty stoned when I walked in so will try and remember to review when I smoke the rest.
Why drink and drive when you can smoke and fly?
Bunt

Post by Bunt »

good to hear i will be there in a weeks time and cant wait to visit the place and hang with Gapie again all are welcome for tokie tokes haha

Get High And Eat Pie :D
Get High Make Memories Eat Pie Old Ceremonies!
memogram

Post by memogram »

Absolute highlight kf my trip was 2 sessions at utopia, one night with gapie smoked 3 cicktails of kosher kush and pineapple express, casey jones and pineapple express, and some fat goeilla glue.

This evening had another session with gapie and a friend of mine, candy kush hash joint, gorilla,glue #4 joint, nepalese temple balls x rollex og coktail and rollex og spliff and to end the trip we had a 1 gram! Headbanger from grey area with a glass big roch was absolutely fucked mate even brought some big things.
ZBeebs

Post by ZBeebs »

Here again, came for the citral but overhead the budtender saying the blue dream was a good batch so took a sniff and grabbed a bag.

The sweet og from the other night was mediocre. Too dry, harsh on the throat.

Blue dream is decent! Doesn't taste as good as the citral though.
Why drink and drive when you can smoke and fly?
Nimrod

Post by Nimrod »

Can anyone confirm if the Love the Madness hanging is still behind the counter at Utopia?
matty223

Post by matty223 »

Nimrod wrote: Wed 29th Mar 2017 08:37 pm Can anyone confirm if the Love the Madness hanging is still behind the counter at Utopia?
I will let you know on the 15th
Matty
Dickinsonbeer

Post by Dickinsonbeer »

Citral is still amazing. 13e. Intense citrus and pine smell and taste in the vape. Earthy musty at higher temps. Smooth vape though. Not harsh at all and packs a punch. This stuff is some of the strongest I have had. Instant chill body and head high. Strong everything. I think I only packed the bowl of the vape halfway. I almost whited out for a minute. Damn.