The Plug (formerly Utopia)

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate The Plug (formerly Utopia)

I like The Plug
90%
I don't like The Plug
10%

Total votes: 269

spidergawd

Re: Utopia

Post by spidergawd »

free_phil_spector wrote: Thu 17th Aug 2017 09:56 pm Mango kush. As fruity as an orchard :thumbup:
Yum yum :D

What a long strange trip it is.
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

I was there two weeks ago. I have to choose a different time to come here... on my last visits I was there around 4.30 pm and that is exactly the time when they make shift change :? Usually no problem... just sit down and roll a joint in the meantime 8) but the next worker was delayed so in the end I waited over 30 mins... still no problem but I was a little bit in a hurry that time.

Without looking to much on the menu because I had to hurry I decide to go for their Amnesia Cream (12€/g) wich I also had a few times in the past. Still good hash but for 12€ a bit overpriced in my opinion for it´s quality atm.

I don´t know if that Crystal Polm was on the menu. Looks nice on their Instagram page :mrgreen:

Also saw Starkiller OG (weed 16€/g) on the menu wich my mate tried. Awesome colours of the buds a little purple, blue :shock: smelled not like what I had imagined of that name. Smelled pretty kind of lemony citrus like. Seems to be some special. Didn´t tried it... my mate still prefer the usual OG but it was some nice rare new variety he said.
madmaxxx

Post by madmaxxx »

Had the candy ice sataday.nice tasty.with strong effects 18e.
Fat_old_dwarf

Post by Fat_old_dwarf »

The best menu I've seen for ages, and that's saying something. Sorry about poor quality of picture. In terms of bang for your buck, I doubt you'll ever see anything better than the house isolator cocktail. As for the weed, I could have spent a week giving the menu a fair sampling, but that can't be done in a day.

Spent a disproportionate amount of time here, and it struck me again how much the place owes to Ingi and her unique brand of hospitality. We shouldn't forget that (and remember the tea if you can).

CopenhagenCouple

Post by CopenhagenCouple »

:shock: :shock: :shock:

That menu looks gawddang amazing, both on the weed and hash sides!

Did you try the Kashmir hash? That origin / type seems extremely rare (if not non-existent) in Amsterdam, but makes up about 20-30 % of all hashes on offer here (usually of very high quality).
Always know where your towel is! :wtf: :lol:
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

CopenhagenCouple wrote: Thu 14th Sep 2017 05:05 pm Did you try the Kashmir hash? That origin / type seems extremely rare (if not non-existent) in Amsterdam, but makes up about 20-30 % of all hashes on offer here (usually of very high quality).
Yes that Kashmir hash would interest me, too :D Years back I had a beautiful hash called "Kashmir Maroc 10€/g"
from Willi Wortels in Haarlem. That stuff tasted so unbeliveable yummy and was one of my best smokes I had especially in taste. From the look it was a pretty crumbly but still oily darker hash... like the name said it´s probably made in Morocco with Kashmir genetics and again that taste yammmmy :mrgreen:

The original Dampkring sold "Kashmir" hash a few years back for around 17€/g but that was different than the Kashmir Maroc from WW. It was like a handrubbed black hash... smelled a little different than for example Nepal but that smell wasn´t really appealing to me personaly :lol: because I am not a big fan of the black hashes... but well there must be some high grade black hash outside :mrgreen:

After this I never saw any good Kashmir hash in coffeeshops :?

Would be so nice to get that Kashmir Maroc again :wink:
Fat_old_dwarf

Post by Fat_old_dwarf »

CopenhagenCouple wrote: Thu 14th Sep 2017 05:05 pm :shock: :shock: :shock:

That menu looks gawddang amazing, both on the weed and hash sides!

Did you try the Kashmir hash? That origin / type seems extremely rare (if not non-existent) in Amsterdam, but makes up about 20-30 % of all hashes on offer here (usually of very high quality).
Sadly no. Had the Orange Haze and GG, both of the quality you'd expect from Utopia. It would be nice to have had more time, and do more speciality sampling, but that's always the case on flying visits -- all visits, come to that, but you know what I mean.
CopenhagenCouple

@marok21: The origins of the many different hashes called "Kashmir" (often added some superlative) we have had are a bit of a puzzle to us.

Some are clearly Moroccan, some have a bit of a different feel to them (a bit hard to explain).

There is a very common characteristic however: They are more or less always blonde hashes, some might be darker in hue and many tend to oxidize to much darker colors quickly, but they are never dark and sticky to begin with (although many have great oil content, some spectacular).

Some are pressed a bit hard, although they are few, and most crumble very easily. The top range is always the "wet sand texture" heaven all hash heads love.

We have a litlle bit left of a very nice version in our current stash and as mentioned they are all over the place at Christiania, so very easy to get here. Never to our recollection seen any hash labelled this way in AMS.

The only products we have found in Ams that are similar, but insanly priced compared to what we pay and sadly of lesser quality than the best from home, are things like Green place's cookies n cream, alladins wish from Kadinsky (least similar, although texture was close to some) and canal side's Lavender kush block (closest, even beating all but the very best from home). Last one doesn't count though ;)

@FOD: shame, but right with you, our last visit was also but a flying one (10ish days is not long enough, so flying)... Nice to hear that Ingi and co has got the green under control, as expected :)

Eager to hear from someone​ who tries Utopia's Kashmir hash! :mrgreen:
Fat_old_dwarf

Post by Fat_old_dwarf »

If you're a wet sand fan, you'll love the Dam as it's been for my last few visits. But at the risk of being consigned to the ranks of the uncircumcised philistines, I like good black hash. Dampkring2/TK's blue somethingorother have been one of the few around lately, though they did also have a Nepal I'm now kicking myself for not trying. Though so many examples are disappointing.
CopenhagenCouple

Prefer the darker hashes ourselves, if we had to pick, it's just sad how hard it is to find high quality classic blonder hashes in Ams, the quality one's we've had lately have more or less been limited to block / new school, we very few (and often very expensive) exceptions...
kalima

Post by kalima »

heading over to the Dam next week for a flying visit, and just wondered if i am correct in thing Utopia is now open from 9am daily now ? i really hope so , as i would like to pop in when we first arrive :)
Papi

Post by Papi »

Yes it is, enjoy:)
Edibles on a plane is my middle fucking name
Fat_old_dwarf

Post by Fat_old_dwarf »

Since the school for spoilt brats went wherever it went, I certainly find the atmosphere a lot better in that part of town. Of the shops affected, I personally only went to Utopia and Resin, with the latter mainly for B&F, but even so it's nice to have the choice back. And Utopia has always been better as a place to begin one's day for me, and even if you don't agree, at least now you've got the choice back.
kalima

Post by kalima »

that is great news, roll on monday morning :)
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

CopenhagenCouple wrote: Thu 14th Sep 2017 08:55 pm @marok21: The origins of the many different hashes called "Kashmir" (often added some superlative) we have had are a bit of a puzzle to us.

Some are clearly Moroccan, some have a bit of a different feel to them (a bit hard to explain).

There is a very common characteristic however: They are more or less always blonde hashes, some might be darker in hue and many tend to oxidize to much darker colors quickly, but they are never dark and sticky to begin with (although many have great oil content, some spectacular).

Some are pressed a bit hard, although they are few, and most crumble very easily. The top range is always the "wet sand texture" heaven all hash heads love.

We have a litlle bit left of a very nice version in our current stash and as mentioned they are all over the place at Christiania, so very easy to get here. Never to our recollection seen any hash labelled this way in AMS.

The only products we have found in Ams that are similar, but insanly priced compared to what we pay and sadly of lesser quality than the best from home, are things like Green place's cookies n cream, alladins wish from Kadinsky (least similar, although texture was close to some) and canal side's Lavender kush block (closest, even beating all but the very best from home). Last one doesn't count though ;)
Thanks for the infos :D As said before I didn´t had the luck to find many hashes called kashmir... seems like Christiania has better sources for that kind of hash :D By the way I remembered that I scored some hash called "Kashmir" from coffeeshop De Graal years back... it was on the top of their black hash menu... but it was dissapointing because it was pretty old and not as good as I thought :?

The Kashmir Maroc I had from Willi Wortel was not really dark/black more dark brown so maybe like you said
it´s got darker from the oxidation.

I also find "only" good new school hashes atm like block hashes :? in Amsterdam. Top quality "classic" hashes are pretty rare atm.

Maybe that hash goes to other places like Christiania... or better said on the usual black market. Years ago for example there was also top hash imported from the Hells Angels in germany available like high quality Nepal and Pakistan hash but I didn´t find any in the last years :lol:

If someone tried the Kashmir from Utopia let me know 8)