The Plug (formerly Utopia)

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate The Plug (formerly Utopia)

I like The Plug
90%
I don't like The Plug
10%

Total votes: 269

matty223

Re: Utopia

Post by matty223 »

I understand thier point about the bong thing, but if you bring you own i dont see the big deal,

Matty

Smirks

Post by Smirks »

I actually offered to buy a bong for them but they refused..if I buy one I'm not carrying it about everywhere so if I can't leave it there it's a waste of my time.
macky

Post by macky »

Not sure what,s worse no bongs or bongs they give you that have not be cleaned in years :D
Not sure why pick on UK Germans and lots of others mix with tobacco,truth be told some budtenders smoke there hash there with tobacco :mrgreen:
What ever you do don,t mix your weed here in Canada they will try to commit you :lol:
Papi

Post by Papi »

I think it's more "people keep breaking the glass" rather than "we can't see what people are smoking inside the bongs" (as they could when it comes to what people put in their joints), combine that with James having a bad day and we have the result.
One way or another, Bongman is not pleased with those shenanigans.
Edibles on a plane is my middle fucking name
RoMoney

Post by RoMoney »

I think the whole taking the deposit thing annoys staff in a lot of places as well with bongs
Bring back Imelda Marcos!
matty223

Post by matty223 »

Smirks wrote: Fri 8th Dec 2017 01:03 pm I actually offered to buy a bong for them but they refused..if I buy one I'm not carrying it about everywhere so if I can't leave it there it's a waste of my time.
I See they will not let you store it there, got you
Smirks

Post by Smirks »

I didn't specifically ask to store my (theoretical) bong there, I offered to buy them one. I'm sure they would have agreed to let me leave it there for my sole use for the next day or two but James didn't seem like the right person to approach with this suggestion.
matty223

Post by matty223 »

Smirks wrote: Fri 8th Dec 2017 04:50 pm I didn't specifically ask to store my (theoretical) bong there, I offered to buy them one. I'm sure they would have agreed to let me leave it there for my sole use for the next day or two but James didn't seem like the right person to approach with this suggestion.
Your right ask ingi
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

In the past they asked you before if you smoke with or without tabacco... they had bongs only for pure smoking and other bongs for mixed with tabacco...
ShakeTheBud

Post by ShakeTheBud »

Marok21 wrote: Fri 8th Dec 2017 07:36 pm In the past they asked you before if you smoke with or without tabacco... they had bongs only for pure smoking and other bongs for mixed with tabacco...
And somehow people still disrespected that and mixed tobacco into those clean ass and expensive bongs. You go to their shop, you buy their weed, you grab a seat there and disrespect them after they hand you what's theirs. I just don't get that.
roberts0928

Post by roberts0928 »

Back home after a flying visit to the dam! First place I stopped was obviously utopia! Loved seeing a familiar face in James although he looks very different now!

Bought a gram of citral, gorilla glue #4 and utopia haze! Very tasty indeed && still have a bit for later.

Visit was far too short but it’s like I’ve necer left sat in that shop getting my smoke on. This trip made more perfect by the blanket of thick snow that decided to fall.

Roll on Feb 2018
Crapulinski

Post by Crapulinski »

Last edited by Crapulinski on Wed 29th Jan 2020 01:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RoMoney

Post by RoMoney »

Been in a good few times the last week. They had Gorilla Glue on special 2g/€20 as it wasn't bud but the latter end of the box, which was nice. Smoked a lot of the Cheese Cookies again, which I just can't get enough of. Tried the Orange Cognac and Tangie Dream which were nice too, but didn't do it for me as much as the others.

I should add that the tunes, vibe and staff were all great as usual.
Billyjoe

Post by Billyjoe »

puffpuffgive wrote: Fri 22nd Sep 2017 12:29 am I had utopia's kashmir a couple of weeks ago, it was the outstanding smoke of the trip. SUPER strong, like a cross between an ice hash and one of those oily, almost clear dark hashes. Will turn into a honey-brown goo smear on your finger if you're not quick about getting it into your joint. Buy this, if it's still there.

Hello puffpuffgive,

I am coming back from Hong Kong to Germany near NL border soon and will be heading to Amsterdam for some shopping, so thanks for your comments.

I do love Indian/Nepalese hash that I get a lot in Hong Kong, around 10/12 euro for the best stuff that is bubbling/melting a lot under flame.

In Amsterdam for the same price you can not get the same stuff obviously as it is so much far away.

But every time I tried some so called high end Indian hash at 20+ euro the gram it was weird, did not seem like real Indian hash, more like some rosin/extract.

Just my 2 cents but every time I tried it was very different, do not get me wrong, it was strong, but I doubt it was real landrace hash from India.

PS : for example Sapha Malana from Dampkring.
RoMoney

Post by RoMoney »

Billyjoe wrote: Wed 10th Jan 2018 08:45 pm But every time I tried some so called high end Indian hash at 20+ euro the gram it was weird, did not seem like real Indian hash, more like some rosin/extract.
In my opinion, what gets exported from the sub-continent to HK is probably what Indian workers there smoke, standard charas, and it is unlikely to be from the Parvatti valley region which is the champagne region so to speak for Indian charas. The stuff that good coffeeshops import is usually sourced from Parvatti valley and some of them have people on the ground there (and also in Morocco) working with farmers to create higher quality stuff from western genetics. I spent two months in Parvatti valley in 2005 and the best cream there was always like extracts. I would compare it to something like the Critical Mass in Bluebird that literally sticks to the baggie on you and would be better dabbed.

We didn't dab any of it, I was a tobacco smoker at the time so it was all chillums......Boom Shiva!

Was there even dabbing in 2005? I think the nearest thing I'd ever seen to dabbing at that time was hot knives!