Coffeeshop Nachtegaal

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate Nachtegaal

I like Nachtegaal
No votes
I don't like Nachtegaal
No votes

Total votes: 0

Padge247

Coffeeshop Nachtegaal

Post by Padge247 »

ACD Page: Nachtegaal

Coffeeshop Nachtegaal
Krugerplein 22, 1091 KZ Amsterdam

So I popped into this place as, like Crash Light, it is on my way to the shops. It doesn't look at all appealing from the outside (white front, bit scruffy), but I wanted to try somewhere new so I popped in around 10.45am a couple of days ago. Inside it wasn't very nice either, white tiles everywhere, but it looked Buy n Fly only (I would have been doing this regardless) so I guess this isn't super important. The BT was on his phone, and continued to by for the entire duration of my visit, I don't really mind this as he still managed to offer input (without me asking) on what was good, but it may irk others.

The first thing I noticed when I looked at the menu ? It is identical to Crash Light, which is literally 310m away, you can see it from just outside ! Now I understand coffeeshop chains are nothing new, but this close, in a residential neighbourhood, selling identical goods ? Just seems strange business to me. Weed is prebagged, Hash is not. Menu was as follows;
Weed:
Amnesia (10e p/g) - Smelled pretty good, but I go on and off Amnesia, and today I didn't fancy any
White Widow (8e p/g) - This is what I bought, will go into detail later
Columbia Import (72 for 2g) - Didn't look here, but did at Crash Light, looks like a basic hash filler to me
Hash:
Zero Light (10e p/g) - The BT recommended this, after I looked at the Zero Zero and wasn't massively impressed, will go into detail later
Zero Zero (8e p/g) - Looked ok, but nothing special stood out from the brick that he put on the table when I asked to see
Pollem (7e p/g) - Didn't look here, but did get some from Crash Light, basic, smooth, lacks duration

First off the White Widow. The bang looked like a pretty generous gram, but it has a bit of a grassy smell to it, early harvest ? Similarly the buds don't look as good as from Crash Light, and the smoke lacks some of the potency I had from the sister shop. That being said, it was reasonable potency wise, but knowing I had better for exactly the same price just a few days before up the road was a real shame.

Next the Zero Light hash. Firstly I am a bit of a noob with hash, so I mite not review this very well at all. Really malleable at room temp, gentle stick to touch, without leaving a sticky mess everywhere. This smelled much nicer than the other hash I had from Crush Light, not just plain heavy spice I associate with many Moroccan hash, but a slight something more (sorry that is useless). Taste wise is was very smooth, gentle spice with a slight sweet, or maybe floral, edge. Effect is fairly quick onset (as I find with most hash) not really potent, but a nice stone. A better duration than the Pollem, but still I feel a quite short duration.

So a mixed bag really, and I think I will stick to Crush Light, as although they are near identical, I think Crush Light looks a little nicer. Not a shop I would go out of my way to visit if I was just here for a weekend.

Quazer

Re: Coffeeshop Nachtegaal

Post by Quazer »

Thanks for the detailed report! The Zero Light hash looks like something I would like to try. The effect you described is typical for most mid range hash, the top notch ones give you a stronger and longer effect (~2hrs).
FlyByNite

Post by FlyByNite »

New menu for Nachtegaal, a new shop to coffeeshopmenus.org, dated August 18, 2022. Thanks to Mr Incognito.

http://www.coffeeshopmenus.org/Nachtega ... egaal.html

Enjoy
FlyByNite
Mr Incognito

Post by Mr Incognito »

Coffeeshop Nachtegaal is very close to Wibautstraat Metro station - just a couple of minutes walk. As described above, it is an old tiled building and all you see when you enter is a bar with (in 2022 anyway!) a screen with a small hole at the bottom. B&F only as far as I could tell.

I picked up some Wine Berry, which came in little jars of 1g, and a bit of the Hiya hash. The hash is very sticky and dark and is very similar to most that I sampled over the trip. It was pretty strong, but at the expense of having any vegetable matter - sort of like white bread instead of wholemeal. It certainly got me stoned, but there was not much of the cannabis beyond the THC.

The Wine Berry weed was nice firm little nugs and went well in the vape. Jam jars rather than bags - I guess jars are a bit more sustainable, but I still distrust pre-bagged!

The menu here is no longer anything like the one at Crash Light down the street.
Frennny

Post by Frennny »

I have never come to this shop before. So, your feedback makes me curious. I am going to this shop on the weekend.
color tunnel
Have a nice day