Dizzy Duck, The Hague

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate Dizzy Duck

I like Dizzy Duck
92%
I don't like Dizzy Duck
8%

Total votes: 13

ZoZo420

Re: Dizzy Duck, The Hague

Post by ZoZo420 »

Spaldwickapeface wrote:We made it to the dizzy duck on Monday, I only did a buy and fly so can't say to much about the coffeeshop but it has a vast menu of top quality weed and hashes, especially the iceolators.
I bought a gram of a desiel variety €12 (name escapes me), a nice fruity flavour with a mainly Sativa high with a nice little bit of indica to back it up.
Also I got €10 0.3g of lovely hazeolator hash, um that was good shit, I was rather high after smoking this. They had a really nice range of ices to choice from as well as a decent selection of import hashes too.

Really good product, I would recommend a visit
I'm guessing you don't have to be a resident of the Netherlands to enter? How long is the train ride from AMS Central?

Papi

Post by Papi »

It takes 50 mins and no wietpas there:)
Edibles on a plane is my middle fucking name
madmaxxx

Post by madmaxxx »

it a good place to vist,with cafe creamers for drinking and smoking,there about 10 to 15 shops in the central area,and 20 more spread about.use google maps and there buses and your find a different range of hashes from amsterdam and a few strains you dont get in the dam,the central prices are about same as dam,and the ones on the out skirts cheaper.i like the dizzy duck,if you smoke in there it prue or with gringo mix.allways had great product from here,lot of specials on the menu.
ZoZo420

Post by ZoZo420 »

Papi_3city wrote:It takes 50 mins and no wietpas there:)
Thanks Pappi!
Jesscass

Post by Jesscass »

Last week:

Overall quality here like last year. On our first visit we were immediately informed by the budtender(I haven't seen that one often before) that they're now a so called members club and if they're crowded(like mostly all the time)they only let members sit in the small shop. I questioned this and was told this is like that since last October. I didn't go further by asking how someone can become a member(not the slightest interest to become one anywhere)as I think it's the same kind of lame philosophy like Club Media in Amsterdam I read about on here. Didn't want to rock the boat too much. Means if they think you could be a troublemaker or it's too packed they won't let you in and come up with this childish excuse. On the other hand I see this shop getting more and more popular and there is just limited space in the end(especially belgian people as one budtender I know better there told me). Nonetheless I had a good time here again and we sat in there a lot though.

White Amnesia(Dizzy Duck Seeds, 10,5€/g): nice example of Amnesia

Critical 47(Dizzy Duck Seeds, 10,50€/g): nice fruity smelling and tasting hybrid with a kinda up-high

Choco Cheese(Dizzy Duck Seeds, 10,50€/g): mate had this so I can only comment on the average look but promising smell

Dynamite(?): can't remember the exact name and price but was a recommendation of the budtender. Nice enough indica but nothing special.

Shoreline(11€/g): so glad I found it here. Read on coffeeshopmenus that Greenhouse(The Hague, has nothing to do with Arjan's chain in Amsterdam)offered it too and so it was! Their version was a tad better than Dizzy Duck's but also one euro more expensive(both purpled). Both examples can quite rival the stuff from Green Place and De Graal in Amsterdam.

Lady Cane x Sour Diesel(Eskobar Seeds, 12€/g): I read from Eskobar and his stuff before so very happy I found this. Indeed spicy and sour smell/taste with a nice indica hit. Nothing to write home about though.

Haze Special(according to the budtender 'Hashplant Haze x Neville's Haze' :lol: , 11€/g): nice enough haze.

Super Pollen(8€/g): solid quality but as said last time nothing special

Hia(10€/g): average at best, had it better from here in the past

Dutch Moroccan(foreign genetics, 15€/g): strange crumbly consistency like different hashes put together to one piece while falling apart into small pieces when rolling. Nonetheless nice spicy flavour and smell. Effects were more sativa to me. Indeed produced(as budtender told me, too)in the Netherlands :lol: !

Enemy of the State(foreign genetics, 15€/g): quality highend moroccan. Didn't try it this time(they offer this quality under the same name since a few years)but my mate enjoyed it.

Bubble-o-lator(not sure but 10€/~0,25-0,3g) / Haze-o-lator(not sure but 10€/~0,25-0,3g): only used for some mix joints.
Jesscass

Post by Jesscass »

Last week:

Blonde#1(9€/g): as the name suggests indeed a pitch-black moroccan hashish :wink: . Classic taste and an uppish high you‘d expect from that type of blonde moroccan. Nice one.
White Widow something(moroccan, 12€/g): light brown specimen with a nice enough mix of high and stoned, liked it.
Caramello(10€/g): dark brown and oily piece of moroccan hashish, classic taste and more of a stony effect. Nice one!

Critical Dynamite(11€/g?): don‘t remember much but ok enough
Big Buddha Cheese(12€/g?): not the best cheese on that trip but nice enough!

There again was still their showpiece moroccan on offer, Enemy Of The State, for 15€/g which according to the budtender is an ice-o-lator from Morocco but didn‘t indulge this time despite looking nice enough.
Even though renovation was done there is still something to come I was told but not much changed in my opinion anyway. Bit more airy now but atmosphere is still nice which I enjoyed every day as usual :) .
aVeryOldLady

Post by aVeryOldLady »

Went there last week. Relatively long queue. Got their WW Bubble for 11€/g and went inside. It was packed, but we squeezed in between of some guests. Unlike The Crow and Greenhouse, this shop had a counter especially for drinks. Started smoking as suddenly a soccer game was televised on the tv right above our heads on the wall so we weren't able to see it. Plus, they turned the volume way up, which made it unbearable to remain there so we left. I think it is a nice place to chill when it is more quiet though. Outside I remember saying that this is the weakest weed I had had smoked on this trip. We walked over to The Crow and when I arrived there, it finally kicked in (huge delay) and I just sat there the first 20 minutes without indulging in my purchases from there.
jc2k

Post by jc2k »

Staying in Duinrell again, so popped down here for a quick grab. Got:

Cherry Bomb - nice mellow smoke, not too heavy
Skunkberry x something else I can't remember - lovely blueberry taste and aroma and decent hybrid stone
Buddha Thai - at 4 Euro's a gram, this was lovely. The wife really liked it - mellow but uplifting stone and 17%+ THC...!
OG Ghost - really good OG strain. Piney taste and a good high, bit heavy at the end though.

They've changed the shop around a bit so it's more accessible and a nice vibe in there. Good product, but not as good as Greenhouse around the corner. That place is awesome, though a bit more pricey....
tommy147green

Post by tommy147green »

Visited Dizzy Duck at midday on a Saturday. Bud list is very good, proper professional effort. We got blue dream and a sativa shake cap, the blue dream was sweet. Budtender was a top bloke, gave us a pack of long skins on the house. There's a good amount of space to chill in the smoking room. We were in a bit of a rush but rolled the joints and smoked a couple too 8) . Very good coffeeshop and I look forward to returning in the near future.
Jesscass

Post by Jesscass »

December, 2017:

They still had a varied menu on display. Also a section offering those supposedly moroccan hashes with foreign genetics of western hybrids only sold by the gram and coming in those small plastic bins. Same goes for their special wiet offers and one was a strain from Sannie's I would have been interested in if it wouldn't have gone for 16€/g considering pre-package, look and all that ; I'm good thanks!
Went often during our stay but noticed it wasn't as busy as usual considering time of year and also in general. Still is one of the best ones in town in my humble opinon as we visited a lot of shops as usual along the way.
Didn't buy much here though as I again picked up some amazingly tasty moroccan resin privately as last year which again was very similar in high quality and due to the intense beautiful taste I rarely experiencied before could only be described as 'vaporizer hash' as I remembered from doing so in the past ; only downside was it could be stronger again but was nice enough. Second best was Seventh Planet's as usual which were selling some sort of chocolate polm tastewise.
Not that I lost some enthusiasm but it really was satisfying enough so no need to indulge other current harvests.

Lebanon Champagne(7€/g): pissing myself laughing because of the name and reminds me of a certain moroccan high grade hashish doing its rounds at home ages ago with the same tag. However, always on the hunt for unique imports so after inspection got me that one.
Beforehand I can say that this was the best I ever had from that country what ever that means. For sure it was more pleasant than what those rip-off merchants at Kashmir Coffeeshop in Dam sold me about one year ago at 10€/g which was the best batch yet but overpriced ; which seems to be the norm with their stuff there. This one here seemed to represent the red version but am no expert on that.
In opposite to a lot of stale ones I tried before(Pink/Eindhoven springs to mind more than ten years ago which was even a moroccan one. Either this happened often or shops sold old dried out ones.)this soft one here had smell and particular earthy taste(as mentioned cannabinoid levels on display and baggie ; THC: 18%, CBD: 16%, about that if memory serves me right ). Overall good quality it seems, at least on appeareance.
Though major letdown was again it being way too weak when smoked in a bong without much tolerance as a wake and bake ; to the point of almost noticing no effect. Nice try but I do consume mainly for effects beside proper taste and all that.
A serious moroccan Super Pollen is more tasty, stronger(even a proper polm is :lol: !) and probably even cheaper if you know where to score.
Only speculation but read and watched a lot of reports in the last years about Lebanon raising its production of resin(saw same batch in other parts of the country and also Amsterdam if I recall correctly but plenty around it seems which is again saying something) and approach of those businessmen there seems to be distgustingly commercial.
Before that produce stayed in that area most probably.
Mayhaps best quality which is hopefully existing anyway is only limited to middle east.
So even though the real deal not my cup of tea at all although I'd pick up a bit if it would be around at my neck of the woods again for very cheap as it obviously is as a few years back one of my favourite old school sources had it on directly from there but missed it and was told it wasn't too special anyway. Please step up your game, bros.
Hapa Haze(11,5-12,5€/g I think): think it said 20+%THC, CBD about 1% but can t remember anymore and of course don't care anyway about as mentioned before but they said it is one of the strongest at the minute. Nice enough in general but wished for more strength. I think the only wiet I picked up in town.

All in all nice stay as usual :) !
madmaxxx

Post by madmaxxx »

Same weed as nov.but enemy of the state hash was sublime.15e but almost like rosin.big indinca high.said it was 8% cbd 44% thc.it was a big hitter and could of been dabbed.had a good chat with owner he interested in a rosin press.a must vist shop in den hauge
Jesscass

Post by Jesscass »

November, 2018:

Scanned the menu but nothing screamed at me and since the smoking area was renovated didn't return for the rest of the trip.
Trusted budtender told us during hypocrite dutch officials raided their deposit lately ( viewtopic.php?f=3&t=35872 ) they were also told their smoking room doesn't meet the requirements of the tobacco ban. So they are changing this now again
(funny as those official and phoney subhumans probably did regular general checks since the ban was installed in 2008 as they do with every coffeeshop to be sure they stick to the rules. Better late than never, huh?).
Quite a bummer as this was always our base every trip, renovations should be finished now though.
However, got some wiet here I can't remember much of but it was solid. Hashish we were very well supplied privately so no need to buy here either as nothing much new was on anyway let alone for our decadent tastes.
Though we got some at Seventh Planet for nostalgic reasons(should skip this tradition though as it still was solid but never was as good as once).
LN94

Post by LN94 »

This used to be my favourite coffeeshop in the Netherlands, their customer service has always been second to none. However, in recent years their quality has gone down drastically. I don't know what's happened, but their weed is always either too dry, extremely leafy, lacking in taste and/or weak in strength.

Bought their gelato hash last month, was awesome and for the decent price of 9 EUR. Bought some again a few weeks later and this time the batch was simply disgusting. Unsmokable black smoke shit. Really disappointing. Same happened with White Amnesia, hugely inconsistent with the quality of their batches.

Their prices have always been fair, however, 4-5 years ago they simply offered much better stuff. Feel like they're rushing their products in order to keep up with the high demand as it's always busy there. Pity.
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

LN94 wrote: Wed 19th Jun 2019 12:40 am This used to be my favourite coffeeshop in the Netherlands, their customer service has always been second to none. However, in recent years their quality has gone down drastically. I don't know what's happened, but their weed is always either too dry, extremely leafy, lacking in taste and/or weak in strength.

Bought their gelato hash last month, was awesome and for the decent price of 9 EUR. Bought some again a few weeks later and this time the batch was simply disgusting. Unsmokable black smoke shit. Really disappointing. Same happened with White Amnesia, hugely inconsistent with the quality of their batches.

Their prices have always been fair, however, 4-5 years ago they simply offered much better stuff. Feel like they're rushing their products in order to keep up with the high demand as it's always busy there. Pity.
Sad to hear :? A big reason is for sure like u said the big demand and that it´s not really legal to grow weed for the shops... sometimes I wonder myself how some shops keep up the good quality. Like Toermalijn in Tilburg... there are so many guys from belgium and germany who buy there... the 500g shop limit must be sold there many times over the day... but overall quality is still pretty high but you hear from time to time also a bad review now...

Another point could be that Dizzy Duck was raided by the police last year or this year I think... their whole stock of weed/hash was confiscated (many kilos if I remember right). For a short time that has made many problems for sure and maybe they have not recovered yet from that.

Generally I noticed that the quality of the newschool hashes changes a lot atm. So that a batch like their gelato hash change completely I saw many times over the last year. The 24k hash from Coffeeshop Amsterdam I had in all forms :lol: sticky oily, super sticky oily, dry sift, like a usual moroccan hash :shock: also many other hashes change so much. At the begining of the year it seems like it could be a superb year for moroccan hash but it seems like they also had some problems with the weather. I heard from some hash farmers (well on IG :lol: ) that they had problems with the weather especially with all that new genetics stuff... but the beldia stuff is pretty good because they grew it at another period of the year than the newschool stuff... and the weather was simply much better when they grew the classic beldia plants. Of course, that does not apply to all farmers depending where they have their farms...
Rafiki

Post by Rafiki »

Last edited by Rafiki on Mon 9th Sep 2019 12:57 pm, edited 7 times in total.