El Marssa

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate El Marssa

I like El Marssa
100%
I don't like El Marssa
No votes

Total votes: 3

Jesscass

Re: El Marssa

Post by Jesscass »

This week:

Went again for the Super Marssa(12€/g); as good as usual. Still they had their moroccan Amnesia(15€/g)on but didn't take a look.
Also quite dead on this trip but was treated well while hanging around and chilling together with their friendly black cat.

Crapulinski

Post by Crapulinski »

Last edited by Crapulinski on Wed 29th Jan 2020 01:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jesscass

Post by Jesscass »

December, 2018:

Enjoyed a couple of mint teas here one afternoon along with their Super Marssa(12€/g) ; stereotype subtile peppery hints coming with an uplifting yet nice enough body stoned. Nice classic one again! So can't confirm Crapulinski's bad experience ; also as have been there at least three times in 2018 with the same result, let alone in 2017. Bad luck I assume, shit happens.
Jesscass

New Year's Speech / Comparative Study 2019, Part I

Post by Jesscass »

Intro:

So for some reasons but mostly out of boredom I took a closer look at the quality of the more popular shops of this area. Since I discovered El Marssa myself years ago and us going regularly anyway it was a no brainer coming here as well as specifically visiting Massawa which is a tad less frequented by us but still a place to go.
Let's compare them was one mission in 2019 then.

However, we've been at least five times to Amsterdam in 2019 and every time the quality of El Marssa's best was I'd at least describe as 'good'. Now this is a vacuous term of course and for sure I'm not the hub of the universe but I claim I've seen some hashish in my life yet and considering time gone by and status quo of qualities available in general(traditional/foreign genetics) this means something and would satisfy the majority of people consuming traditional hashish. Still there is always room for improvement so if there is not much to be desired I'd describe quality here for this private and subjective comparative study as 'very good' then(needless to say there is still better quality to be had but that is no subject here).

Conclusion:

In 2/5 visits quality was 'good' and in 3/5 visits it was even 'very good'.
Means constant quality available to me then here though I have to say that their best mostly was goldish-brown looking coming with a piney taste profile then and rarely the blonde one I came across mostly here in recent years(only speculation: could be they refer to that type of moroccan hashish as 'Marssa Special' rather than the usual 'Super Marssa').
So if one is looking for stereotype good moroccan hashish there will be most probably no disappointment. Exclusive or exceptional gear(beyond 'very good') is to be found elsewhere though as usual.
AudioKush

Post by AudioKush »

Menu update (7 March 2020)