El Marssa

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate El Marssa

I like El Marssa
100%
I don't like El Marssa
No votes

Total votes: 3

elasticband

El Marssa

Post by elasticband »

ACD Page: El Marssa

dark shop under some kind of refurbishment but still serving, a steady stream of locals made me go inside.

nycdiesel smelled musky and off

white choco smelled musky and off

white shark smelled muaky and off

I left :roll:

They must find it difficult, those who have taken authority as truth, rather than truth as authority
orle

Re: El Marssa

Post by orle »

mold spreading from tub to tub :roll: do you remember any prices for the hash?
elasticband

Post by elasticband »

they just had prices written on the weed tubs which were on the back shelves. There was no hash boxes, probably in his pocket, more likely to get robbed than thier bud....
They must find it difficult, those who have taken authority as truth, rather than truth as authority
Jesscass

Post by Jesscass »

This week:

Find of my trip here! Basic moroccan place of the local arab community it seems and very welcoming older
budtenders. Only Twisla(moroccan, 9€/g)and Super Marssa(moroccan, 12€/g)available. Latter one friendly guy recommended
out of his pocket. Quite blonde classic moroccan hashish! Saw this slab getting smaller and smaller due to
lots of locals popping in for some :mrgreen: .
Best classic moroccan of this trip along with Massawa's Royal Premier(12€), hard
to decide which one as they're playing in the same league but are different on their own.
Lost some precious time(couple of hours) in here with numerous moroccan style mint teas while chatting to locals and tenders.
I don't regret anything though and because of great atmosphere will return at some point :mrgreen: .Nice overall picture.
Not exaggerating as I've seen same quality before and it's nothing extraordinary but would be my local if I'd
live nearby :) .
Black-King

Post by Black-King »

So the hash is good here? Good to know. Thanks for the post jesscass!
RASTAFARI RIGHTEOUS KINGDOM http://rastafari-christ.webs.com/
Jesscass

Post by Jesscass »

Last week:

Third time here and owner was again working. Sold me some 'Special'(moroccan, 12€/g)as usual. This time also went for their Twisla(9€/g)which was a more darker moroccan and a bit stronger(stony) than Flashback‘s but their‘s was more tasty; still tasty on its own.
Also enjoyed moroccan hospitality as usual. Special again was very nice, again best classic moroccan of this trip, also quite strong this time for what it is :D .
CopenhagenCouple

Post by CopenhagenCouple »

..getting more and more pissed we didn't find El Marssa after visting Massawa (and DLN poking fun of us cuz it apparently is right around the corner, well we fucking went around that and the other two and didn't see it :/ and yes we know that doesn't make sense and would have put us in the canal, but we were high ok? :) )...

Do they only have the two hashes (not complaining) and is it similar to Massawa in the mood (Massawa was really nice to hang out in on top of the awesome Royal)?

Thanks,
CC
Always know where your towel is! :wtf: :lol:
Crapulinski

Post by Crapulinski »

Last edited by Crapulinski on Wed 29th Jan 2020 01:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

El Marssa special is good one, could've sworn I'd written something on this thread about it, must've been another thread :?: :?

Has a nice sliding scale 12 euro for one gram, 20 for 2 grams, and 45 for 5 grams. In retrospect this may be my actual favorite of all the Moroccan owned joints in Amsterdam West.
Jesscass

Post by Jesscass »

@DeLekkersteNUGS16

This one then:
DeLekkersteNUGS16 wrote:Finally made it to El Marssa.

Nice place situated a stoned throw away from Massawa in de Baarsjes neighborhood.

Friendly staff on approach, as were the clientele - all were happy to adamantly steer me towards the Marssa Special local Moroccan-yutes in the lounge promised 'twould get me "hemmel-stoned" (as high as heaven). They have a real nice sliding-scale for purchases in-tact here. 12 euros gets 1g of special. 20 euros gets you 2g and 45 euros gets you 5g.

The hash was a very light-blonde hue, with notable reddish notes. The consistency is not quite as soft/volatile/malleable as its counterparts from Massawa or Flashback, but still softens in the palm of one's hand nonetheless. The smell is what drew me in to splurge on the full 5g bag. Notes of cedar, ginger-root, and peppery floral notes like most of the classic-Marocs procured in this neighborhood, however a strong citrus smell, scratch that a citric air-freshener smell vaguely chemically like some pine-sol or ozium freshener spray cut through and added a whole new dimension of lekker and complexity to the bouquet. Pressed it delivered a nice yield with a more pronounced reddish-hue. The feel is somewhere between fully stable and snap-n-pull shatter. The taste is transferred well, even that elusive citric notes (though decidedly not as prominent as in the bag-smell). High is sedating stoney, not complete couchlock and potency expected - par for the course with most of the other offerings i've procured in de Baarsejes.

End verdict: yet another classic piece of rif-resin out of de Baarsjes-area. Sliding-scale is particularly incentivizing so, make sure to go for at least a 20 bag, to maximize value of your purchase. highly recommended...
(from: https://www.coffeeshopdirect.com/forum/viewt ... 38#p396269 )

@CopenhagenCouple

Two sorts indeed. Haven't been much to Massawa but if you know stereotype turkish or arab cafes you'll get a picture of El Marssa(lots of cafes like that in my neck of the woods ; going there, too).
Quite a men's club.
In this case often quite crowdy and lively, lots of youths but also people from all age. Critical difference compared to said cafes is owner really takes care of atmosphere and is very welcoming though.
Also his staff in my experience, too locals were welcoming but never saw women sitting there unfortunately.
As said though never would be afraid to sit there on principle(if this helps anyone: as at least owner and staff seems to be quite open minded and funny, too)!

@Crapulinksi

Great you enjoyed your visits.
Jesscass

Post by Jesscass »

Called in here very recently to find renovation from last time finished. Now they separated budtender area from the rest of the shop so you need to get buzzed in if you want to consume inside either you like this or not ; not much else was changed.

Then to my surprise noticed Amnesia something(15€/g)on the hashish menu(beside an other item at the lower price range if it wasn't a pre-rolled joint though)so opted for this and as usual Super Marssa(12€/g).
That Amnesia particullary well worth mentioning was just a pleasure to smoke as it was well balanced between traditional taste and this new one. Especially on the
appearance as it mostly looked like a traditional moroccan hashish compared to the stuff Boerejongens/Tweeede or elsewhere in the country are selling(speaking of e.g. Amnesia Block)
so must be one of the now better processed ones(as discussed elsewhere ; farmers get their shit together slowly with new
genetics grown in the last years). Reminded me of that sort of hard pressed 'Amnesia Pollen'(12€/g)I got from 1eHulp like almost two years
back which I found good enough though overpriced but El Marssa's was just inbetween; still a soft pollen like texture and well balanced smell as taste compared to this sort of intensity on smell of mentioned ones above, also it still was no 'cream' like e.g. at Kadinsky(16€/g, also a top smoke but different).
Effects were strong enough also, sort of a body stoned - bit of a creeper if memory serves me right.
Since I consider this shop a stereotype place for mostly classic traditional moroccan hash this is really saying something then;
as speculated in the Eindhoven thread am excited how other shops with this profile will handle it soon(e.g. Rotterdam and others).
Answering my own question in advance: they'll put it on their menus :wink: as again think we're at a very turning point hashwise at the minute and again hope traditional landrace survives beside this.
'Super Marssa' delivered as usual and as Crapulinski already pointed
out batches change as everywhere else and also the name but classic quality is up to scratch after four visits in a row now :mrgreen: .
Had this very quality from them before, not this yellow classic version as on other occassion but still a blonde pollen of quite good quality like on other occassions here :mrgreen: :lol: .
Sat down for a coulple of mint teas as usual.
CopenhagenCouple

Post by CopenhagenCouple »

Jesscass wrote:as again think we're at a very turning point hashwise at the minute and again hope traditional landrace survives beside this.
+1

Thanks for the review...
Always know where your towel is! :wtf: :lol:
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

I looked at their Twisla (9€/g) and "Special Marssa" (12€/g). The Twisla is darker and I was looking for some real nice classic blonde maroccan hash so I went for the Special Marssa. Nice smelling and tasting classic moroccan quality hash yummy :mrgreen: Furthermore I like their discount if you buy more than 1 gram... like with the Marssa Special 1 g= 12€ 2g=20€ 5g=45€ so it would be stupid to buy less than 2 gram :D
Jesscass

Post by Jesscass »

Last week:

Since it seemed The Dream didn‘t want my business as it was closed I went here again. Of course I would have visited anyway :lol: .
This time I had a closer look on the new style menu I noticed last time. Now they have about twenty strains of weed on and Gorilla Glue(16€/g)caught my eye.
Expensive and probably a scam but wanted to give it a go as not smelling too bad. Which it wasn‘t in fact but if that‘s this overhyped Gorilla Glue it‘s nothing special to me :lol: . This one more probably was an average good tasting kush and still stony enough. Nice kush indeed!
Also got me again Super Marssa(12€/g)and Amnesia Moroccan(15€/g)which were good as last time, see above.
Sat down for a couple of mint teas, chatting and playing with their black cat I haven‘t come across there yet.
Hashsmoker

Post by Hashsmoker »

Had the Super Marssa in december.
Didn't impress me don't think I'll buy this again soon.
But a second chance - somewhere in the future - who knows.