Rick's Cafe

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate Rick's Cafe

I like Rick's Cafe
85%
I don't like Rick's Cafe
15%

Total votes: 52

Dave J

Post by Dave J »

happydaze777 wrote:I too loved this place for the fact you can drink a large beer and smoke. The upstairs windows are fab for people watching! Went in there last month to be told no smoking. I asked to smoke just a pure joint but the bar lady was having non of it! Always seemed to me like the place where the rules didn't really count, so was shocked tbh...
I thought you could smoke pure in Rick's?. Either that or use a herbel mixer at the very least?. Anyone else elaberate futher on a total ban in Rick's?.

happydaze777, are you sure it was in the entire building or just at the bar you was told you could smoke nothing in there?.

happydaze777

Post by happydaze777 »

The lady was very insistent, I wasn't wanting to sit at the bar, I told her I wanted to sit inside (absolutly empty inside, outside was packed), upstairs at the front, next to the huge window. I didn't let it go as it seemed so odd, against Rick's kinda 'ethos' and against everything I had come to know since the ban. I explained I don't smoke tobacco so she would have no problems with me, I would just smoke them pure. She then said she didn’t have time to go round checking everyones joints, hence an out right ban. I looked around the empty inside at that point and she did look a little bit sheepish, but didn't back down. Maybe it was just her, or she was having a bad day, I will test it again in a couple of weeks time...
stavros

Post by stavros »

i liked ricks, when i was last in dam we decided to get an early start one day, went there first, staff were friendly, i think it was NYCD we had from there, sat outside by the canal, great way to start the day. shame to hear about the ban.
Kingdoc

Post by Kingdoc »

Am in right in hearing its gona close soon?.
corpse

Post by corpse »

Kingdoc wrote:Am in right in hearing its gona close soon?.
think its been closed a while now. we went there last november and we had the same problems with smoking. went there last week aswell to find its shutters were down. think its had it for good now
Next outing: maybe march
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

opening around 3pm at the mo, but the coffeeshop still open in the morning or was when i was there,still able to smoke in the train carriage seats at the mo.
Chase the Green to live the Dream :mrgreen: 8) :D
Kingdoc

Post by Kingdoc »

Thats a pitty! i knew another old coffeeshop from back in the day called "old style" that closed down as well.
GREAT WHITE SMOKER

Post by GREAT WHITE SMOKER »

Thumbs up for Rick* caffe!!!
You can sit,relax, drink beer and smoke good weed...
..but be careful not to get so fuckin drunk and stoned like me, before one month when I felt in canal... with my chair and my table...the bartender was not really happy...
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

Bubble Gum was good.
AK47 was good batch.
Nepalize was nice.
ktown smokerz

Post by ktown smokerz »

GREAT WHITE SMOKER wrote:Thumbs up for Rick* caffe!!!
You can sit,relax, drink beer and smoke good weed...
..but be careful not to get so fuckin drunk and stoned like me, before one month when I felt in canal... with my chair and my table...the bartender was not really happy...
lmfao so you fell in the canal, how was it, it looks really dirty.

I have never been to ricks but does look like a good place to get a beer and smoke outside
Balou

Post by Balou »

Always a must visit for me in the Summer. They have some of the best outdoor seating in town. Had a few pints and a few spliffs, I wish I was there now!
Are you stoned? Like a gravel road bitch, like a gravel road!
Wild Bill

Ric"s

Post by Wild Bill »

I've been going to Ric's 8-10 times a year for ten years and love it. Friendly staff and has a happy hour.
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

Nepelese Cream was a nice smoke, well worth a purchase if in town , with a beer at a sit by the canal. :D
HasAnyoneSeenMyPipe

Post by HasAnyoneSeenMyPipe »

Stayed in one of the apartments right beside ricks place, the window to the living area was right beside the neon rock planet sign, it was great nipping into ricks place then onto the seats by the canal for a beers and spliff.
joshbhoy

Post by joshbhoy »

Didn't buy anything from here as i went on my last day before heading for a sleep at the airport.

The women serving was really nice when i said i had weed already and was going home the next day so just wanted somewhere to get a couple of cokes and to smoke the last of my stuff.
She said it was cool if i just nursed a few cokes outside for an hour or two and smoked my own stuff :) so a big + for me

As i said i cant comment on their weed as i never bought any.