Birdy, Haarlem

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate Birdy

I like Birdy
98%
I don't like Birdy
2%

Total votes: 44

Animal

Re: Birdy (Haarlem)

Post by Animal »

The jelly was very nice but next day it had mold :shock: and since have lung pains probably from smoking that shit :x

Spaldwickapeface

Post by Spaldwickapeface »

Animal wrote:The jelly was very nice but next day it had mold :shock: and since have lung pains probably from smoking that shit :x

Surprised to hear this, you must have got unlucky. I have had jelly in my stash for a couple of weeks after purchase and I have never seen any mold forming, it was still as good as ever
I like bananas, monkey nuts and grapes. That's why they call me Sam of the apes
ZBeebs

Post by ZBeebs »

This was the only coffeeshop we stopped in when we went to Haarlem. Nice large space, plenty of seating, I really liked the layout here. Lots of wood and whatnot. Definitely a locals place, besides us there were only two or three others there, speaking Dutch. I got the Knetter, Cheese and some Jelly for 25E. The knetter was nothing special, the cheese was decent. The Jelly ended up in a joint to start the day later in the week and got me pleasantly stoned. I'm pretty sure that it's qwiso that got more than just a quick wash since it was pretty dark, even black. Not much taste other than "very hashy" like hash made with isopropyl alcohol.

If it didn't involve a train trip, I definitely would have hung out here more... maybe not for the weed but for the atmosphere.
Why drink and drive when you can smoke and fly?
Spaldwickapeface

Post by Spaldwickapeface »

We were sat on the main square in Haarlem on a sunny Saturday evening having a nice meal and people watching, we had only gone to Haarlem that evening so my traveling companion could check out what was on offer in the streets around the Begijnhof (those who have been there will know what I mean), I had no intrest in following him and waiting around while he enjoyed himself so we parted company and I headed up to Birdy for a spliff.

I bought for my €25 2x 0.4g jelly and Temple Polom 1.3g as I had been meaning to try it again since a previous visit several trips before. This is the sort of deal I like to take at Birdy 2 jelly and 1 of the other offering that is slightly above a gram, so I get quality and quantity, it's a good deal for the money.

The temple polom is interesting as it does not quite sit as an Asian hash nor quite a moroccan. It is very tasty though and is a nice bit of variety. It would be my guess that it is Moroccan made but with the Pakistani genetics. I smoked a large joint of this in the coffeeshop with my after dinner coffee before heading to the train station to rendezvous with my friend, I'm not sure which one of us had the bigger smile on our face, it's certain that we had both enjoyed our 40 minutes though.

The first bag of jelly I smoked when we were back in Amsterdam, I love this hash, yes I do. You would not buy it for the flavour but it has a mean effect on the brain especially when mixed with a Sativa, perfict for buzzing around the busy streets of Amsterdam late on a Saturday night. The second bag we smoked at a TnT where we rolled it up heltaskelta style with some American concentrate, wow that joint knocked me for six!!

As I have written on here many times before make the effort to go to Haarlem even if it's just yo visit this coffeeshop!!
I like bananas, monkey nuts and grapes. That's why they call me Sam of the apes
macky

Post by macky »

Spaldwickapeface wrote:We were sat on the main square in Haarlem on a sunny Saturday evening having a nice meal and people watching, we had only gone to Haarlem that evening so my traveling companion could check out what was on offer in the streets around the Begijnhof (those who have been there will know what I mean), I had no intrest in following him and waiting around while he enjoyed himself so we parted company and I headed up to Birdy for a spliff.

I bought for my €25 2x 0.4g jelly and Temple Polom 1.3g as I had been meaning to try it again since a previous visit several trips before. This is the sort of deal I like to take at Birdy 2 jelly and 1 of the other offering that is slightly above a gram, so I get quality and quantity, it's a good deal for the money.

The temple polom is interesting as it does not quite sit as an Asian hash nor quite a moroccan. It is very tasty though and is a nice bit of variety. It would be my guess that it is Moroccan made but with the Pakistani genetics. I smoked a large joint of this in the coffeeshop with my after dinner coffee before heading to the train station to rendezvous with my friend, I'm not sure which one of us had the bigger smile on our face, it's certain that we had both enjoyed our 40 minutes though.+1 The jelly rolled in sausage add the sativa greatest hang over cure ever 8)

The first bag of jelly I smoked when we were back in Amsterdam, I love this hash, yes I do. You would not buy it for the flavour but it has a mean effect on the brain especially when mixed with a Sativa, perfict for buzzing around the busy streets of Amsterdam late on a Saturday night. The second bag we smoked at a TnT where we rolled it up heltaskelta style with some American concentrate, wow that joint knocked me for six!!

As I have written on here many times before make the effort to go to Haarlem even if it's just yo visit this coffeeshop!!
madmaxxx

Post by madmaxxx »

bought the jelly 3 bags for 25e{0.4g a bag},worht every penny,very strong stoned.would but this one again and again,
BackInDam

Post by BackInDam »

Great coffeeshop. only did buy and fly but looked very comfy in there.

Tried their knetter and jelly on several occasions.

I dont get affected by hashes the way normal people do so i cant comment on it, but it seemed very clean and smooth to smoke.

Their knetter is awesome. From the smell I would say it is definately a white widow type of strain. Very good bang for buck.
I got 3.6g for 25€.... 7€ a gram...
Got that twice so i had 7.2g of knetter.
I smoked like 1g in a joint then decided to dry sieve the other 6.2 and got some really awesome kief from it.
kingbee

Post by kingbee »

Last edited by kingbee on Fri 3rd Jan 2020 07:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Papi

Post by Papi »

Edibles on a plane is my middle fucking name
petrone

birdy

Post by petrone »

Finally made it to Birdy. Had failed in the past because of the location that little way beyond the town centre, the wrong side of the tracks. Having located Schoterweg, there it was and it,s obviously a part of that neighbourhood of Haarlem. Large rectangular room with space for a large pool table.a shop which would be large by Amsterdam standards, a good place!
Not_the_monk

Re: birdy

Post by Not_the_monk »

Dude, all these shops already have threads, no need to create a new one for each of your comments!
ftcarer

Post by ftcarer »

Chill as usual for me anyway , bro in law got told off 3 times lol for having baccy pouch out on table & having his own water bottle out lol, I was left alone to enjoy the S5 lovely citrus,Vanilla Haze ( slight sweet smell not that overpowering popeyes stink ;-) ) & the Jelly :-) got the 3€10 bags for €25 deal :-)

Sending out the good vibes to those that need them right now :-)
mowie

Post by mowie »

went here two times on my 420 trip

S5 (Haze) - wow, good one. citrus & pepper. almost too powerful uplifting high (racing thoughts!), definitely sativa power.
10€/1g
8/10

Candy Kush - just some generic bland indica weed, no kush at all, lacking strength, mediocre taste, wouldn't buy again.
10€/0.9g
5/10

White Widow - looked ugly, smelled good, tasted fantastic. definitely white widow here. missed a bit of strength though, remember WW as a real knockout strain.
10€/1.1g
7.5/10

Super Polm - hard, dusty throw-into-grinder stuff, didn't manage to roll just one joint with it that burned good (and my joint rolling skills are said to be quite good), what I managed to get into my lungs tasted just delicious though. typical polm "up" high which sadly didn't last long.
10€/1g
7/10

buy 30€, pay 25€. so 3 bags of S5 would be an excellent haze for 8,33€/g - very very good.
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

Great place! I was there for the first time... very nice furnished coffeeshop :thumbup: really cozy place and a nice difference to the mostly overcrowded shops of Amsterdams centrum. Mostly locals in there but very welcoming to tourists.

I was there for their Jelly Hash which I didn´t tried before so I asked the dealer lady if I could take a look on it :D I had expected something different like a very oily darker hash... but this one wasn´t really oily like "Jelly" I had before. Looked pretty dry at first for a hash of that type but after holding it for a bit in the hand and playing with it it gets much darker but not as sticky as the Jelly hashes I tried in the past... What I really liked was that beautiful concentrated haze like smell from it when touched by the flame... smells like sativa dynamite :lol: you can smell that it´s made in NL :D and not in morocco for example.
So the effect is pretty sativa like. It remembered me of a batch of Crystal Clear Ice o Lator from Katsu I had years before. I would suggest to smoke that as your first smoke of a day to feel the real effects of this... for me it was kind of very clear long lasting head high 8) but other "Jelly Hashes" I had before were overall stronger (but also was sold for double of the price as Birdys "Jelly")... when you smoked some other indica weed/hashes before you don´t notice the nice sativa high that much...

Overall I had expected a bit more from it but it was nice to smoke such a nice hazy smelling/tasting kind of nederhash which I hadn´t for years :D could be a little cheaper but no fake like some coffeeshops that sell "usual" hash for 20€+/g

I also tried their Amnesia (BIO) on the recommendation of the dealer lady. Indeed very nice 8)

They also had a discount like get weed/hash for 30€ and pay 25€ :D
macky

Post by macky »

Marok21 wrote: Tue 31st Oct 2017 10:41 am Great place! I was there for the first time... very nice furnished coffeeshop :thumbup: really cozy place and a nice difference to the mostly overcrowded shops of Amsterdams centrum. Mostly locals in there but very welcoming to tourists.

I was there for their Jelly Hash which I didn´t tried before so I asked the dealer lady if I could take a look on it :D I had expected something different like a very oily darker hash... but this one wasn´t really oily like "Jelly" I had before. Looked pretty dry at first for a hash of that type but after holding it for a bit in the hand and playing with it it gets much darker but not as sticky as the Jelly hashes I tried in the past... What I really liked was that beautiful concentrated haze like smell from it when touched by the flame... smells like sativa dynamite :lol: you can smell that it´s made in NL :D and not in morocco for example.
So the effect is pretty sativa like. It remembered me of a batch of Crystal Clear Ice o Lator from Katsu I had years before. I would suggest to smoke that as your first smoke of a day to feel the real effects of this... for me it was kind of very clear long lasting head high 8) but other "Jelly Hashes" I had before were overall stronger (but also was sold for double of the price as Birdys "Jelly")... when you smoked some other indica weed/hashes before you don´t notice the nice sativa high that much...

Overall I had expected a bit more from it but it was nice to smoke such a nice hazy smelling/tasting kind of nederhash which I hadn´t for years :D could be a little cheaper but no fake like some coffeeshops that sell "usual" hash for 20€+/g

I also tried their Amnesia (BIO) on the recommendation of the dealer lady. Indeed very nice 8)

They also had a discount like get weed/hash for 30€ and pay 25€ :D
Glad you liked lt. Read a story that Soma from the seed company was a big jelly hash guy ,
His has concentrate from butane mixed with bubble hash :mrgreen: