Birdy, Haarlem

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate Birdy

I like Birdy
98%
I don't like Birdy
2%

Total votes: 44

verticalSquare

Re: Birdy (Haarlem)

Post by verticalSquare »

Thanks for the reports :D Slightly worried I won't make it out of the coffee shop if I smoke any but maybe its worth it... Is the best way to smoke to smear some on a lighted spliff?

Panog

Post by Panog »

It's not BHO it's regular hash, like afghan, just break it into little pieces and put it in a spliff
Irreal

Post by Irreal »

Fuck me yes i love Birdy's 8)

Been in today and bought: 10e of Amnesia, 10e of Northern Lite, 10e of some nice Birdy's Skunk, 10 of some real nice Jack Herrer, for 20e - 0,8 killer Jelly :mrgreen:

Me and the Mrs been in and smoked two nice joints, one of the Northern Lite, what was a choice of mine because of it's oldshoolniss :wink: The other with some killer Amnesia :D

Tryed the Jelly back in the Hotel and fuck me.. 8)

Best i ever tryed and bought before in Holland in all my 9 trips here.
Ich frage sie ob es richtig ist das sie vor 14 Tagen aufgehört haben ihre Frau zu verprügeln? ;D
Smith2

Post by Smith2 »

Am in Birdy at the moment. The jelly is indeed quite lovely, though they only had one 10 euro bag left, not the three for 25 I'd wanted; regretfully I decided against the 50 euro deal. A very pleasant place, with wifi, and convenient for visiting Het Dolhuys, I trust, as I'm heading there.
the.jetsharks

Post by the.jetsharks »

i saw the last comment about this place was in may so this here doesnt feel so out of date.

i was in haarlem for the afternoon sometime in the middle of july an stopped by birdy's. i bought 0.9 of amnesia, 1.0 of cheese and 1.1 of white widow for 25 euro's - an amazing deal to get 3 grams of top quality smoke for that price.

theres some who might be thinking these are strains you can buy at hundreds of shops in amsterdam, which is true but the quality of these strains was nothing short of excellent. white widows a strain i usually ignore when im in amsterdam as whenever you see it on a menu its usually a bottom shelf product but this was arguably up there with the top kush's i was getting in amsterdam. the same could be said about the cheese and amnesia - they were both some of the tastiest smokes of my recent trip.

the next time im over im going to be sure to try some of their jelly hash - i see theres a few who are highly recommending it here
Infamus

Post by Infamus »

I have been to Birdy's in october, and it was one of my best coffeeshop experiences ever. The place looks nice, the chairs are comfy, the staff is friendly, and the weed is excellent. My wife and me bought some Amnesia Haze, which we liked, but I was still on the look for the weed with the best taste. So I asked the lady behind the counter, and she recommended Cheese Haze. This was by far the most tasty weed I ever had. A little bit of banana and other fruit, paired with a heavy, almost skunk-like body. I've had cheese before, but this was something else.
I also tried their ice-o-lator, at home, and it was great as well. So if you are in Haarlem and like weed, do yourself a favour and stop by at Birdy's.
the.jetsharks

Post by the.jetsharks »

Got to try some of the jelly hash recently - favourite hash of the trip i reckon.
Very strong an very tasty though it can be a bit of bitch to handle if it gets too warm.
BigDanHaze

Post by BigDanHaze »

Did some body say JELLY!

And heres a 3 for 24 euro deal, all from early 2012

Great shop its worth the trip in itself! BTW they have food, sandwiches and soup and stuff. The interior is nice and comfortable the tenders are real nice as are all the locals I met in there.
Uncle Ron

Post by Uncle Ron »

Panog wrote:It's not BHO it's regular hash, like afghan, just break it into little pieces and put it in a spliff
Hey Panog,
From what I know, it's not regular hash, like afghan, although it probably will break into little pieces if allowed to dry out.
There are various formulas/recipes in making Jelly Hash...
... Iceolator and budder/earwax... http://www.420friendsonline.com/page/jelly-hash
... Iceolator and BHO... https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=201

From what I've been told, Birdy's Jelly is ice-o and wax, but as with anything stoner related, I take the info with a gram... :wink:
... :mrgreen:
Panog

Post by Panog »

Uncle Ron wrote:
Panog wrote:It's not BHO it's regular hash, like afghan, just break it into little pieces and put it in a spliff
Hey Panog,
From what I know, it's not regular hash, like afghan, although it probably will break into little pieces if allowed to dry out.
There are various formulas/recipes in making Jelly Hash...
... Iceolator and budder/earwax... http://www.420friendsonline.com/page/jelly-hash
... Iceolator and BHO... https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=201

From what I've been told, Birdy's Jelly is ice-o and wax, but as with anything stoner related, I take the info with a gram... :wink:
... :mrgreen:
Yeah it was a mistake, mixed it in my mind with something else. I had it twice since my previous post and it's definitely some kind of BHO/iceo mix
Spaldwickapeface

Post by Spaldwickapeface »

The whole point of my last trip to the Netherlands was to see what Haarlem is like and whether or not I would like to stay there in the future, I bought a return train ticket from Amsterdam Centraal for €7.60 and set off. The trains leave from platform two and go every twelve minutes, its the second stop on the intercity, what could be easyer? When you get to Haarlem leave the station via the north exit, cross the canal and you are virtually at Birdies Coffeeshop.

When you first enter it is into an air lock where you buy the cannabis, once the transaction is complete you are buzzed through to the otherrside. I was ready for some tasty Marrocan hash now having been a couple of months with nothing but weed, since the last time I had been in holland in fact. I ordered a €10 bag of the super polom, I think it was 1 gram, but it could have been 1.2 (my memory is failing me on this one). Then I asked to look at both the jelly hash and the isolator each 0.4g for €10, on first sight I knew that I wanted that jelly, I have not seen hash like that before. I used the 3 bags for €25 deal so I had 1.2g grams to take back to Amsterdam with me.

After purchasing a coffee I was let through to the smoking room; it's sizeable with a lot of tables and seating, I sat on one of three high tables served by bar stools in the window. There was only one other person in there to start with a friend of the bud lady, but others did come in to smoke or just buy and fly as the late morning passed on. The decor was largely wooden, nice, clean and classy. This place would make a lovely city bar in London, but when it sells bud even better.

I rolled up and smoked a joint of the super polom there and then, very tasty, very sweet. My joint (mixed with the ogxcoco Greenplace) lasted ages and I was buzzing by the time I had finished, I was ready to take a walk exploring Haarlem. I thanked the bud lady and walked out with a massive smile to enjoy the day infront of me.

The best was yet to come, when we smoked the jelly later that night (plus latter in the trip for me), it was like strips of black rubber and had a natural glaze on its surface. I just rolled it in joints, it was easily broken up into what I like to refer to as 'mouse droppings' mixed with skunk and smoked as normal. The hash was slow burning, like a lot of dutch hash that I have had it was not as full of flavour as morrocan or Nepalese, but was smooth on the throat and strong on the brain. I wish I had only smoked this on a night rather than the combo of different spiffs that tends to happen in Amsterdam to expereance the high for itself, but I can tell you this much TRY IT, I loved it!!!

In conclusion I really like birdies and will be visiting Haarleem again, probably staying there for a night or two aswell as Amsterdam. I will most deffenatly invest in another €25 of the jelly and also sample so much more of their menu
I like bananas, monkey nuts and grapes. That's why they call me Sam of the apes
SeniorHippies

Post by SeniorHippies »

I will have my chance to visit the highly recommended Birdy this very evening, 18.30'ish. If there are any ACD'ers in the area, please come say, Hey.
To the barricades!
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

I am there on the 1st may... :?

Anyway I wish u will have a great time in Haarlem especially
in Coffeeshop Birdy 8)

The Willi Wortel Shops in Haarlem are great, too. The WW Indica is my favorite of them...
la2019

Post by la2019 »

This is such a great shop. I was never able to locate it during my previous 2 visits to Haarlem, but it looks like 3rd time's the charm. Very friendly budtender--even when you have to buy at the window before entering. She even gave us a couple of Birdy wallets with our order. The Knetter was truly one of the best buds I've had - right up there in terms of quality with Hindu Kush at Media. All in all, this place alone is worth the trainride to Haarlem. That it's a really cool town with tons of things to do, drink, and smoke makes it all the better!
Drugsbunny

Post by Drugsbunny »

Cool shop lovely jelly hash.....

Yum

DB
Herb!
Take happiness with the heartache, go through life wearing a smile.