Birdy, Haarlem

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate Birdy

I like Birdy
98%
I don't like Birdy
2%

Total votes: 44

cjcar

Re: Birdy (Haarlem)

Post by cjcar »

Possibly my new favorite coffeeshop! This place is outstanding.... Friendly BT and great overall atmosphere to hang out for a while. Not to mention the product is superb!

2nd coffeeshop I visited on my trip and picked up:

25€ 3 x .4 g JellyHash

25€ 3 x 1.2 g Knetter

Good deals and great smoke.... Where do I start w the JellyHash? Smooth and tasty! I have to be careful, too much and I can't function.....

Spaldwickapeface

Post by Spaldwickapeface »

Best shop in Haarlem by a country mile, good service, coffee, weed and hash. No complaints, I went in four times on my last trip always buy three bags for €25. It will be visited again both next month and in January, make the effort if you have not yet been

1st time
1x jelly 0.4g: yes yes yes, like I have said many times before on this site, strongest hash I have ever smoked, worth the trip alone.
1x jelly 0.4g
1x knetter 1.2g: fluffy sativa buds, with the uplifting high, got into the habit of smoking this with a stick of jelly through the middle, highly recommended.

2nd time
1x cheese 1g: stinky cheese a bit like what we smoke at home, good strong smoke but I smoke a lot of cheese so not sure why I bought this.
1x knetter 1.2g
1x Jelly 0.4g

3rd time
1x amnesia 0.8g: a nice example of this popular strain, lots of crystals and a tasty smoke that gets you HIGH!!
1x Jelly 0.4g
1x Buddha hash 1.3g: a good honest slice of black hash, nothing special but good value

4th visit
1x temple polom 1.2g: a very interesting hash not sure how its made but its like a moroccan black hash, I was unsure weather to put it in the grinder or roll it into sausages. In the end I did grind it then rolled the bits that were stuck to the teeth. A very unique smoke, never had hash like this before, will be buying more
1x super skunk 1.2g: can't beat a bit of classic super skunk, a good price for a good smoke, mainly mixed this with my hash but would happily smoke it on its own.
1x super polom. 1.2g: a classic piece of Moroccan hash, smoke it in the morning to set you up for the day to come.

A big thanks to Birdys, see you soon
I like bananas, monkey nuts and grapes. That's why they call me Sam of the apes
Spaldwickapeface

Birdys was a little hectic yesterday in comparison to normal, there were work men in doing something to the air extraction unit so all the smokers were forced to the back of the shop, watching the goings on. Well as I sat there I started to notice that the work men were not overly interested in the work that was going on but decided that smoking joints would be the most helpful way of getting the work done, I guess they wanted to string out this job as long as possible :-)

I ordered the knetter 1.2g x1 and Jelly 0.4g x2 for €25. The knetter does not have the best taste but gave me the buzzy sativa high that required a good weed at a great price. The jelly was a banging high as always, I always find the time to go to Haarlem and pick up a few slivers of this top rate hash.

Love Birdys, back in January
seouleast70

Post by seouleast70 »

Hope to meet up with you. I'll be there early January. Thanks for the heads up on the jelly.

Peace
Not long now....
seanlyall

Post by seanlyall »

Great Cs, I need to try the Jelly again as it wasnt as good as the hype it got. Knetter was also over rated if im honest but they recently had a 5g bag for €25 though. The Cream hash is great and the Widow and Super Skunk are also nice. Quite a bit disappointed with the Buddah hash though. Always worth a visit if you are in town.
One convenient location... in Africa.
Spaldwickapeface

So we made the usual pilgrimage over to Haarlem and stoped in at birdies, I made a €25 purchase

1. 1g cream, good smooth clean morrocan hash. A quality smoke

2. 1g amnesia haze, very nice buzz. I smoked this during my time in Haarlem it made my visit to the Jopen Kerk even better

3. 0.4g jelly, has been replace as my must by hash (by water pressed Afgan from bluebird), but still very strong, melts and bubbles away when smoked in a bong, then so does my mind.

Thinking about Birdys makes me smile
Rob_OG

Post by Rob_OG »

Dropped in here yesterday with my wife and my friend Neil. They've added new comfy seating and repainted. It's looking even nicer now.

No Jelly though...
If Frankenstein came face-to-face with the monster Marijuana, he would drop dead of fright.
Waldo Swan

Post by Waldo Swan »

Rob_OG wrote:No Jelly though...
I hope this is just temporary as I was planning on making a special trip there next month just for that.
I come in peace. Take me to your pizza!
Rob_OG

Post by Rob_OG »

Waldo Swan wrote:
Rob_OG wrote:No Jelly though...
I hope this is just temporary as I was planning on making a special trip there next month just for that.
Sold out rather than discontinued, but it's quite often out of stock.
If Frankenstein came face-to-face with the monster Marijuana, he would drop dead of fright.
shaknbake

Post by shaknbake »

Any news on the Jelly? Is it back in stock?
godhed

Post by godhed »

Jelly is back!!! Finally made the train trip to Haarlem after years of doing Adam and once I took some pictures in the Grote Kerk and got a tourist map I started looking for Birdy since I've read so much about their jelly hash. Found it near the train station and asked the pretty female budtender about deals. She said 3x10E for 25 and I said okay but then she pulled out a 50E chunk and held it under my nose. I couldn't help but buy it and I asked if the smoking room was through the door. She said yes and pushed a button, opening a lock that let me in. The jelly was devastating and I sat in a comfortable chair in one of the nicest coffeshops I'd ever been in. There weren't many people there, mainly locals. I really enjoyed the space as opposed to being crammed-in like many Adam shops. Especially since the smoke was so strong. Met a nice English couple there. Will definitely do Haarlem again just for this shop :D
Smith2

Post by Smith2 »

It's great stuff. I find a lot of the expensive, so-called powerful strains overhyped, or maybe different strains affect different people in different ways. But the last time I had some of this unaccountably follow me home, even after my toleration had built up after weeks of smoking various other strains that had likewise crossed the sea to visit me, it would still hit me with its distinctive power. Must make the trip to Haarlem this time.
Uncle Ron

Post by Uncle Ron »

godhed wrote:Jelly is back!!! Finally made the train trip to Haarlem after years of doing Adam and once I took some pictures in the Grote Kerk and got a tourist map I started looking for Birdy since I've read so much about their jelly hash. Found it near the train station and asked the pretty female budtender about deals. She said 3x10E for 25 and I said okay but then she pulled out a 50E chunk and held it under my nose. I couldn't help but buy it and I asked if the smoking room was through the door. She said yes and pushed a button, opening a lock that let me in. The jelly was devastating and I sat in a comfortable chair in one of the nicest coffeshops I'd ever been in. There weren't many people there, mainly locals. I really enjoyed the space as opposed to being crammed-in like many Adam shops. Especially since the smoke was so strong. Met a nice English couple there. Will definitely do Haarlem again just for this shop :D
Thanks for the update... :)
You've discovered the secret to Haarlem, mostly locals... and they love their hash.
...and the prices are closer to reasonable than other locales in the region.

Happy Birdy...and their awesome Jelly..
... :mrgreen:
Lemon Haze

Post by Lemon Haze »

Good to know, thanks for the update! Will be in Haarlam next month so crossing my fingers they'll keep it in stock. Heard so much about the Jelly, but never been lucky enough to try it yet. Can't wait!
"Drugs induce paranoia and psychosis in people who have never taken any." Terence McKenna
banshee beat

Post by banshee beat »

Visited here on the 19th. Cycled straight from Voyagers and really wanted some jelly to be waiting for me there but it wasn't. So the lady was welcoming enough to offer me a drink while I waited. I had my tea and sat with Lemming, Occasional Bowl, Trashcanman, ftcarer and his eldest, while chatting and smoking our various wares. After about an hour and a half, the woman personally came over to us, placed a gentle hand on our shoulders and told us the jelly man had delivered :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: So we all hopped up to the counter without a word and made our purchases. It's a sticky black iso that leaves your joint dripping in oil and your mind on the floor. Cycling back to mokum after that was... Interesting. I was about 5 minutes short of doubling my journey time. Anyway aside from that, I always enjoy Birdy because the service is great and the lofty open space makes for a great vibe and a very different experience to that of an Amsterdam CS.
Off is the new on