Birdy, Haarlem

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate Birdy

I like Birdy
98%
I don't like Birdy
2%

Total votes: 44

Smokerstoo

Re: Birdy (Haarlem)

Post by Smokerstoo »

Was a drop by over the weekend great parking outside. Wanted jelly but none left tried the iso instead is nice but not quite was good as the jelly. The amnesia was strong as ever knocked my mate out for 4 hours after half a spliff woke up with... Knetter and cheese ok but as ever great value.

Always really friendly and great place to chill

Smokin´Brazil

Post by Smokin´Brazil »

Does anyone came here recently? Can confirm the Jelly hash is back? I intend to go here next thursday.
FlyByNite

Post by FlyByNite »

Here are the most recent menus I have for them.

They are dated April 21st, 2013 Donated by Lemming
First is hash

And the weed

If you go, ask first and get a nice new menu picture for the site.

Enjoy
FlyByNite
Paco

Post by Paco »

Their Knetter is always nice.
Wat is er aan de hand?!
Smokin´Brazil

Post by Smokin´Brazil »

FlyByNite wrote:
If you go, ask first and get a nice new menu picture for the site.

Enjoy
FlyByNite

Thank you! I will pass there to try to find the famous Jelly Hash and will take a new pic of the Menu for us! ;)
The Wasted One

Post by The Wasted One »

We visited Birdy in Haarlem on 3rd June 2013 at around 2.30pm.

Make sure you take a map as it is very easy to come out the wrong side of the station, the coffeeshop is about 10 minutes walk from the station, you will know when you are close as there is a clock above their entrance with a green birdy emblem and a really good green grocers just across the street.

Our first impressions are that this place is small, you have to go through a glass security door past the bud tender. It was hot and I was very thirsty as we had landed at 10.30am schipol, straight on to the train to central, checked in to our apartment and straight back on the train to Haarlem. I seemed to cause a little upset with the bud tenderess as I asked to buy a drink before looking at their menu!

We purchased drinks and made our selection from their menu, had been recommended to try their hash by lots of people. I don't have a menu pic but you can get the latest Birdy menu following this link to Flybynite's coffeeshop menu site, http://www.coffeeshopmenus.org/0-Haarle ... arlem.html. We sat down at a table next to some teenagers who were making a joint last a long time between 4 of them. The music was a bit cheesy, commercial reggae whilst we were in there, don't know if this was the radio though!

Decided that this would be a buy and fly place for us, we finished our drinks quickly and left for a wander round the town then back to Amsterdam with our selection.

We had chosen to try Birdy for their jelly and ice but both were out on the day of visit so we chose the following:

Knetter
Smelled like rotting fruit but had a sugary creamy taste, very smooth and uplifting smoke. Not as strong as I'd hoped in view of its name!

Buddha Hash
A Nepal type Hash, thick heavy but creamy smoke, heavy long lasting head stone!

Super Polm
A very good quality maroc hashish, pliable and a spicy minty aftertaste, strong but uplifting!

Cream
Similar to their Super Polm but stickier and heavier harsher smoke and not as strong but still a good maroc.

In my opinion, Birdy's hash was good but nothing extraordinary.

We didn't try any more of the bud as I had a long list to get in Amsterdam. Hopefully heading out again in October, may pay this shop a visit if I fancy getting away from the hustle and bustle of Amsterdam.

Try this place out if you fancy somewhere quiet that's only 20 minutes on the Train from Amsterdam. The town is small and takes a couple of hours to walk round.

Hope you have enjoyed the review :mrgreen:
Last edited by The Wasted One on Sun 23rd Jun 2013 06:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Illegitimi non carborundum
Pipo

Post by Pipo »

[quote="The Wasted One"]We visited Birdy in Haarlem on 3rd June 2013 at around 2.30pm.

[u]Knetter[/u]
Smelled like rotting fruit but had a sugary creamy taste, very smooth and uplifting smoke. Not as strong as I'd hoped in view of its name!

[/quote]

love your to the point descriptions of the gear. My experience with the "knetter" mirror yours. Not worth the trip to harlem.
The Wasted One

Post by The Wasted One »

Updated review photographs above :mrgreen:
Illegitimi non carborundum
Quazer

Post by Quazer »

@ The Wasted One: your reviews are killers. I hope there's more to come. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Paco

Post by Paco »

Jelly is back.... 8)
Wat is er aan de hand?!
Spaldwickapeface

Post by Spaldwickapeface »

Birdy was the first coffeeshop of the last trip and there really is no better place to start. We walked in before twelve and there were only three other customers in, all sitting at the bar chatting. Having been before I knew which strains I wanted to try so placed my order grabbed a coffee and went through the air lock and into the smart wooden surroundings. We sat in the comfy leather chairs at the back of the shop to enjoy our morning, my friend was very interested in using one of the bongs on display but unfortunately both had parts missing (the only bad thing about the coffeshop!). Right on to the important bit, I ordered 4 different strains

1. Super skunk 1.2g €10. This was my hash mixer so I can not describe the flavour or the effect but it had that familiar skunk scent that we all know and love, it looked well grown and cured. Super skunk indeed especially at that price, it did the required job well.

2. Cream 1g €10. I have found that in Amsterdam anything described as cream is a black hash but this is defenatly a Moroccan and a tasty one to boot. I put half my gram in my first spliff along with a little of the super skunk, it was too sticky to put in the grinder so I broke it up with my fingers into like mouse dropping sized lumps. Soon the rich full flavoured smoke was filling my lungs, I could see why the called it Cream it was lovely. After we all smoked a joint each we went out for a ride around Haarlem, I had the biggest smile on my face loving every minute giggling to myself as I settled back into being in holland. The best Moroccan that I had in Haarlem and right up there with the stuff I bought in Amsterdam.

3. Buddha hash 1.2g €10. This is birdys offering at a black hash and not a bad example either. The spliffs I smoked gave off the vast quantities of satisfying smoke that I want from a black hash, it burnt well and cleanly not offering too much of an issue with side burn. I would have been happy paying €10 for a gram so to get the extra .2 is a real bonus, yet again birdy does not disappoint.

4. Jelly 0.4g €10 X 3. Wow, now how do I do a description of the jelly any justice except to say this by far and away the strongest hash I have ever smoked. The thin strips you are given have an almost vinyl look to them glimmering in the light. It's a soft hash, very pliable and easy to roll up. I have to admit smoking jelly in spliffs is a bit of a waste but I was on holiday, so i decided to smoke the last of it in a few bongs, wowzers these were real knock out and the effect seemed to go on for ever. Despite it not being as tasty as a black hash or a Moroccan Jelly is well worth it's price tag. A must for any trip now!!!

So I enjoyed all my purcahases and as I spent €60 euro they gave me the €10 discount, or as i looked at it free cream, this place just gets better and better!! Good service comftable environment and great hash. Birdy I am in love 5/5!!!

Oh and my friend bought northern lights 1.2g and white widow 1.2g and jelly 0.4g for the €25 deal and was very happy with the product, though he uses to much tobbaco for my liking so I barely smoked any of them, he was always smiling
I like bananas, monkey nuts and grapes. That's why they call me Sam of the apes
HighRoller

Post by HighRoller »

Great place. Usually my first stop these days as I prefer basing myself in haarlem. Lovely coffeeshop lovely selection. Can't go wrong. 3 good and varied bags for €25, a cold chocomel and the trip is up and running. 41sy october cant come too soon...
Smith2

Post by Smith2 »

Stopped off on the way back from den Haag (illegally? they hadn't checked my ticket, so if it had been checked between Haarlem and Amsterdam, no way of knowing I'd broken the journey) and got jelly and knetter. Pleasant atmosphere, as ever. Got lost on the way there despite having been twice before – overconfident, and with no map, and couldn't even remember the name of the street before Schotersingel jogged me into remembering it was Schoterweg. One of the best there is.
Colino

Post by Colino »

Smith2 wrote:Stopped off on the way back from den Haag (illegally? they hadn't checked my ticket, so if it had been checked between Haarlem and Amsterdam, no way of knowing I'd broken the journey) and got jelly and knetter. Pleasant atmosphere, as ever. Got lost on the way there despite having been twice before – overconfident, and with no map, and couldn't even remember the name of the street before Schotersingel jogged me into remembering it was Schoterweg. One of the best there is.
I always thought that was possible also if they did check your ticket,,, can anyone make this clear? thanks
Jesscass

Post by Jesscass »

Colino wrote:
Smith2 wrote:Stopped off on the way back from den Haag (illegally? they hadn't checked my ticket, so if it had been checked between Haarlem and Amsterdam, no way of knowing I'd broken the journey) and got jelly and knetter. Pleasant atmosphere, as ever. Got lost on the way there despite having been twice before – overconfident, and with no map, and couldn't even remember the name of the street before Schotersingel jogged me into remembering it was Schoterweg. One of the best there is.
I always thought that was possible also if they did check your ticket,,, can anyone make this clear? thanks
Example: lets say you're going from Den Hague to Amsterdam on the 1st of June. You got a ticket for Den Hague to Amsterdam, valid for the 1st of June. On this very day(respectively depends on validity period of your ticket, in this example 1st of June)you can get off at every stop direction Amsterdam. Whether your ticket is checked or not. You can stay at one stop as long as you want and you can get back on the train to Amsterdam without paying for a new ticket as long as it's 1st of June!
You can't travel back direction Den Hague without a new ticket though!

This is official! I asked at the dutch ticket office! Done this several times myself.
I think it's the same in every country.