Coffeeshop DNA

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate Coffeeshop D N A

I like Coffeeshop D N A
80%
I don't like Coffeeshop D N A
20%

Total votes: 5

CopenhagenCouple

Re: Coffeeshop DNA

Post by CopenhagenCouple »

@.Amir: easy times FTW! :D great menu, good service, plenty of room, did we mention the great menu? :D

Always know where your towel is! :wtf: :lol:
amirsh1

Post by amirsh1 »

CopenhagenCouple wrote:@.Amir: easy times FTW! :D great menu, good service, plenty of room, did we mention the great menu? :D
Well, I tend to agree with you on that, the only thing in favor of baghera, is that they Italians over there(-; me like, as I can practice my rusted - almost nonexisting - remains of Italian I knew years ago..
So, still not 100% sure.
Eventually, Ether one will be great, espicially if there wiil be an opportunity to run into some of the members in this fantastic forum :wink:
monster420

Post by monster420 »

coffeeshop dna is open again
Delta9

Post by Delta9 »

Nice little coffeeshop, a bit off the beaten track.
Seemed as though they mainly specialized in stocking DNA Genetics strains...
Menu was like Boerjongens meets Dampkring... a good selection of 'block' hashes available
Seperate smoking room inside and vending machine with your usual selection of beverages.
I recommend the Rif Maroc, really nice bit of hash... Dark, creamy, earthy and clean as a whistle
Clear head, nice body stone and for the price (€7,50/g) a real bargain...
A lot better than some of the hashes selling for twice the price in centrum coffeeshops :roll:
This place is definitely worth a visit!
~~ The most important ingredient is love ~~
WhiteAnimal420

Post by WhiteAnimal420 »

Got here like month ago Oriental Kush , the buds were looking ok but no particular smell and taste , and that was on the top list :roll: , also went for 1g of Lemonesia which was strong , but taste exactly like Amnesia .
cainedspaniard

Post by cainedspaniard »

DNA Coffeeshop Review -

Positives:
Always friendly!
Amsterdam Genetics Weed,
Real Cheap,
One the most friendly and welcoming coffeeshops i have ever found,
I like to quiz budtenders or shop owners as info is hard to find online, here there always happy to discuss and chat with me.

Negatives:
Hard to locate if your not local,
Small smoking room,
Place occasionally gets shot every so often? Hard to find real negatives.

http://imgur.com/gallery/ql0Yt

Now DNA is a little tiny shop down near the Olympic stadium, I wasn’t looking for this little gem when I found her but I’’m happy I did, at the time I was trying to find De Kade (another place I loose easy) but once I decided to try this place out I was going back for weeks after until it shut. (it is back open now)

The Coffeeshop used to be called Jabba, when hearing this I was hoping for the life of me that it might of been a StarWars reference but after looking online and couldn’t find anything to confirm my new hopes.

As always before you read any further I I want to mention I am not just reviewing the weed but the coffeeshop experience as a whole, I am not promoting or affiliated with any coffeeshops or gaining anything from this! It’s all is my opinion and thoughts, I am not a connoisseur of cannabis but a stoner with the idea to inform others as they visit this great city!

So at first glance street veiw you wouldn’t think this place is one of the best places in town, it’s located in a very residential area which isn’t a bad thing but when your visiting for a few days it can make it hard to find and thats even with wifi or google maps. Once you enter the CS you’ll see its huge, I don’t know why they don’t take advantage of this by having a much larger smoking room but i’m guessing it’s something to do with it being in a residential area. The counter is located to your far right as you enter and in front you can see a small smoking room. (ill attach photos as always) the smoking room is new and as i mentioned hopefully they look to extend it as at the moment it is on the small side.

So even before you arrive at the counter you’l notice it’s very similar to the Boerejongens style, now I don’t just mean the Amsterdam Genetics weed but also regards to the layout, the seeds and memorabilia plus the dress code, not a bow tie and suspenders but the bud tenders here always seem to be wearing a long brown jacket, kinda scientific like?! I like it & what ever there doing it works.

The menu is located on the counter, even from a far you’ll see the monitor and here be able to choose your flowers, the menu here is usually very large, I don’t think theres been a time when I haven’t ask to see more than 3 strains and on that I usually walk away with 2 of them. The majority of the buds are Amsterdam Genetics, but they like Johnny’s they do sometimes have buds that other places don’t, on top of that you’ll see on the menu i’ve attached a lemon DNA Genetic strain so goes to shows it’s not always AG.

The Weed
Now I’m pretty sure I can attach loads photos and mention many strains from this place as I have been a fair few times but on this occasion I decided on the C5 Pioneer, at 12euro she’s a beauty, as soon as the lid came off the smell the fresh haze aroma filled the air. I know DampKring have a C5 at the moment which has been mentioned a couple times and cause she was cheaper here I thought I would give it a go. At the same time I also looked at the Kosher Kush, Blue Cheese and the Jungle Haze which is usually potent for the price tag she holds. Now this time around I decided to only go for the one strain this is because i’m broke, I am getting paid soon as soon as I do i’ll go back and try the Kosher AK, I only got a quick smell but she looked amazing and if she has a kosher taste then I will be a happy reviewer (Kosher is one my all time strains along with Cheese so I can easily do a review on her as I know it so well) The blue cheese wasn’t anything special this time around but here at SmokingPalace have become good Cheese spots and always worth a check.
The C5 I purchased is a real super head high, I’ve had only a couple of drags and I can my legs slowly loosing feeling and my head getting very light, the high where you feel on top of the clouds, floating feeling? Perhaps my description isn’t on the best but the should you be a first-time smoker I wouldn’t look at purchasing the C5, it’s more for the experienced smoker just because the high is very quick and strong, like a cheeky nip in the ribs she catches you by surprise.

Another great thing about this unique little shop is the fact they have a wee freezer/fridge to keep the hash block in! HOW FUCKING AMAZING IT THAT!!!! Feel free to put me in my place and tell me I’m wrong but I haven’t seen this at any other shop and I personally love the fact it’s always kept fresh, not only but in the summer I am sure it will make a difference. lovely little added addition to the place.

I also think this is one of the best places in town for Gruis, now as this point you might read this and think why am I even mentioned Gruis?! Edibles?! I read online that want to cook while here and I think unless you know a grower grubs is best for this, on top of that I’ve met a few people who just want a cheap addition to fill in joints rather than tobacco or the herb things. Now DNA is one the few places that splits the Gruis into Indica and Sativa! When I when out before looking for Gruis to cook with I found it wasn’t labeled, most the time it was just grubs but having the choice of Sativa and Indica makes the edibles that much better.

The Summarise:

This place is dope! They might not have a smoking area but I don’t think it’s needed here, i'll explain why.

Now I’m assuming a lot but this place is pretty far from town, cause of this I think you’ll visit either on bikes or in the summer when the weather isn’t so bad and you don’t mind a nice walk down south. The reason I don’t think the smoking area really matters is cause if you have bikes you can easily ride and find a smoking area close by, no issue, takes couple minutes! If your visiting in summer then you really have no reason to be put off with by the place having no smoking area, you have the nice outside summer air to go out in. I guess I haven’t mentioned at this point that DNA is located right by a lovely set of canals, walking here you literally follow the river down and once purchasing your weed it makes a nice walk back as you can skin up along to river and relaxing on a couple of benches along the way.

Answer my point?

On top of all that they have great weed at a great price, they are always happy to answer questions and I do believe if it wasn’t for location this place would remain busy 24/7, having said that if the location changed I’m sure their amazing prices would also change but you get my drift. I think if I did do a top 10 then this place would easily find itself in there.

Thanks again for reading and should you have any questions or any feedback feel free to message me direct or reply on here.
i'm your doctor, when in need; want some coke, have some weed
MJ420

Post by MJ420 »

Nice report and pics. I hope they still have the Hash Plant in April.
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

Finally made it here this past Tuesday, whilst making an extensive cycling tour through the eastern and southern fringes of Amsterdam on a nice sunny day.

Original intended target was de Kade, but I figured as this was an Amsterdam Genetics establishment it would be much kinder to my wallet than Kade. Decor is for the most part pretty sparse and bland, there seemed to be a smoking room if I recall correctly (maybe I'm mistaken?) but I was enjoying the weather that day and had a rendezvous with my Sticky Brick Jr. planned at nearby Beatrixpark, so didn't really scope the place out much. BT's here wear a weird mix of the the uniform's at the other place with with a brown coat that looks like Rick Sanchez (mad scientist from R&M) and a UPS collaborated on uniform design. Pretty sure this place is fully part of the AG given the prominence of the logos.

Anyway menu largely overlapped with that of the three Boerejongens establisments (Bij, West and Center) but the actual menus themselves weren't as nice looking, but rather were computer monitors above (not embedded in) the counter that just displayed the whole menu at once. Doesn't look as cool as the Boerejongens menu set-up but is certainly more convenient for you and the BT as you don't have to prompt him to constantly flip through the various sub-menus as you vacillate ever-so-stoned between which strains to buy.

There were definitely some different menu items than the other establishments, and the menu did seem a little less extensive as well albeit it did seem a hair cheaper than even the western AG branches, cheapest buds were "Boerejack" which looked like your typical "WW/PP" sorta deal at 7.50 per gram; and some white russian which looked much nicer for 8.50. I opted for "diesel" for 10 euros per gram, the "tangie-terp" was very present in this diesel so my hunch is that it was a somari-diesel or something of the like. Smell was nice, and transferred over well for the initial puffs on both the Sticky Brick Jr. and PAX 3, although it seemed to run out of "flavor depth" faster than most of the other strains in my arsenal, so there was something a bit lacking in the flavor dept (although the first puffs as stated were tasty as), that said the buzz given off by this stuff was very pleasant, one of the times I noticed a distinct buzz over multiple different times consumed.

The prices and menu looked very intriguing on the whole, and I would definitely like to make it back out that way to sample more of their wares.
MJ420

Post by MJ420 »

DeLekkersteNUGS16 wrote: Thu 23rd Feb 2017 11:13 am Finally made it here this past Tuesday, whilst making an extensive cycling tour through the eastern and southern fringes of Amsterdam on a nice sunny day.

Original intended target was de Kade, but I figured as this was an Amsterdam Genetics establishment it would be much kinder to my wallet than Kade. Decor is for the most part pretty sparse and bland, there seemed to be a smoking room if I recall correctly (maybe I'm mistaken?) but I was enjoying the weather that day and had a rendezvous with my Sticky Brick Jr. planned at nearby Beatrixpark, so didn't really scope the place out much. BT's here wear a weird mix of the the uniform's at the other place with with a brown coat that looks like Rick Sanchez (mad scientist from R&M) and a UPS collaborated on uniform design. Pretty sure this place is fully part of the AG given the prominence of the logos.

Anyway menu largely overlapped with that of the three Boerejongens establisments (Bij, West and Center) but the actual menus themselves weren't as nice looking, but rather were computer monitors above (not embedded in) the counter that just displayed the whole menu at once. Doesn't look as cool as the Boerejongens menu set-up but is certainly more convenient for you and the BT as you don't have to prompt him to constantly flip through the various sub-menus as you vacillate ever-so-stoned between which strains to buy.

There were definitely some different menu items than the other establishments, and the menu did seem a little less extensive as well albeit it did seem a hair cheaper than even the western AG branches, cheapest buds were "Boerejack" which looked like your typical "WW/PP" sorta deal at 7.50 per gram; and some white russian which looked much nicer for 8.50. I opted for "diesel" for 10 euros per gram, the "tangie-terp" was very present in this diesel so my hunch is that it was a somari-diesel or something of the like. Smell was nice, and transferred over well for the initial puffs on both the Sticky Brick Jr. and PAX 3, although it seemed to run out of "flavor depth" faster than most of the other strains in my arsenal, so there was something a bit lacking in the flavor dept (although the first puffs as stated were tasty as), that said the buzz given off by this stuff was very pleasant, one of the times I noticed a distinct buzz over multiple different times consumed.

The prices and menu looked very intriguing on the whole, and I would definitely like to make it back out that way to sample more of their wares.
Thanks for the report. Did you notice if they had the Mr. Nice Hash Plant?
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

MJ420 wrote: Fri 24th Feb 2017 06:07 am
DeLekkersteNUGS16 wrote: Thu 23rd Feb 2017 11:13 am Finally made it here this past Tuesday, whilst making an extensive cycling tour through the eastern and southern fringes of Amsterdam on a nice sunny day.

Thanks for the report. Did you notice if they had the Mr. Nice Hash Plant?
I can't say for sure. It does sound like something that could be or has been on their (Amsterdam Genetics) menus. Still need to make back out here, also have a crack at De Kade as well!
MJ420

Post by MJ420 »

This shop is on my list. From the looks of the pictures it looks like the smoking area is small. Is this just a "Buy and Fly" shop?
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

MJ420 wrote: Tue 28th Feb 2017 10:51 am This shop is on my list. From the looks of the pictures it looks like the smoking area is small. Is this just a "Buy and Fly" shop?
Well I think I mentioned above that I swear I saw one to the left when you walk in, but it could have just been a faux-smoking room like the set-up at Boerejongens West for example, but it would seem you answered your own question anyhow - if there's a smoking room that you saw, then that would automatically disqualify it as a true B&F shop now wouldn't it?!
notsofasteddie

Post by notsofasteddie »

MJ420 wrote: Tue 28th Feb 2017 10:51 am This shop is on my list. From the looks of the pictures it looks like the smoking area is small. Is this just a "Buy and Fly" shop?
Coffeeshop DNA Inside View
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

notsofasteddie wrote: Tue 28th Feb 2017 06:29 pm
Coffeeshop DNA Inside View
Well that settles it, I saw "ROOKRUIMTE" on the google-maps view, so it would appear to not be a buy and fly joint. Btw in case you didn't see the translation below rookruimte = smoking-room :wink: 8) :mrgreen:
MJ420

Post by MJ420 »

Thanks Eddie. That's a better view. With some shops having very small smoking areas, some people would rather "Buy and Fly".

DeLekkersteNUGS16, I should have worded my question differently and saved you the trouble. :mrgreen:
Last edited by MJ420 on Wed 1st Mar 2017 10:56 am, edited 2 times in total.