Nieuw Amsterdam

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Does Nieuw Amsterdam exist?

Of course it does, would you lie to me?
75%
Where did you get what you were smoking at the time? Sounds like some powerful shit
No votes
Who cares? I never go that far west
No votes
It's my favourite little secret, and now you've gone and ruined it
No votes
Some people have too much time on their hands
No votes
Don't bogart that joint
25%
Wibble
No votes

Total votes: 4

Fat_old_dwarf

Nieuw Amsterdam

Post by Fat_old_dwarf »

ACD Page: Nieuw Amsterdam (formerly Sinbad)

In what seems to be the continuing saga of how the West was wandered through – I came across this one after arriving at Sloterdijk, aiming for Coffeeshop 136 on Hudsonstraat, but it was closed, not unexpectedly, as it was between 9 and 10. But as I wandered down Hoofdweg, I saw this, along with Ruthless further along the street.

But there's no reference to it anywhere on the net that I can find. It's obviously Sinbad, which nobody's bothered to review under that name either, but I find it rather odd that it's still listed under the old name everywhere, even on what appear to be recently updated sites. (Street View is from late '15.)

I was looking for that all-important First Smoke, but it was just a B&F place, so I just looked at the menu. As it was the limited sort you'd expect, and no way of telling whether it was likely to be a hidden gem or just average, I gave it a pass. As I did Ruthless, although you can smoke inside, and several locals were already doing so.

As DLN is on a mission, he might like to confirm or deny my sanity. Meanwhile, you can all vote.

Lemming
Site Admin

Re: Nieuw Amsterdam

Post by Lemming »

Sounds like you're saying that Sinbad has changed its name to Nieuw Amsterdam. Is that right? If so I'll change it in the ACD.

The ACD is getting a bit left behind now and Google gets its own data but, at least in the past, most sites took their data from the ACD so, if I listed it as Sinbad, everyone will have.
Fat_old_dwarf

Post by Fat_old_dwarf »

Lemming wrote:Sounds like you're saying that Sinbad has changed its name to Nieuw Amsterdam. Is that right? If so I'll change it in the ACD.
That's what it looks like, but you could wait for someone to confirm whether it has a hyphen in its name or not, as I can't recall. Should have taken a pic.
Lemming
Site Admin

Post by Lemming »

OK. Thanks for the info. We'll go with this name for now until someone says otherwise.
WLow

Post by WLow »

This shop exist ! :mrgreen: :D

@coffeeshopnewamsterdam on IG
Not_the_monk

Post by Not_the_monk »

Rare one this :lol:

New menu for New Amsterdam dated 21 April 2023, submitted to coffeeshopmenus.org by RealFresh187

https://coffeeshopmenus.org/NieuwAmster ... erdam.html