Babylon (formerly Kingston)

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate Babylon

I like Babylon
100%
I don't like Babylon
No votes

Total votes: 9

Colino

Re: Babylon (formerly Kingston)

Post by Colino »

thanks for that pic judo, I like so much super babylon

Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

Was there on New Years Eve... the city was packed with people and that shop, too... had to wait like half a hour to get some stuff :shock: ... so I left directly without buying anything. Maybe next time :mrgreen:

Was anyone here in the last time and tried their hashes?
Nathc84

Post by Nathc84 »

Lemon haze was very good lovely taste..looked at other types it all looked good..its worth popping in
Jesscass

Post by Jesscass »

This week:

Recently talked to lots of people in the know and among other things it was whispered there is going a good batch of moroccan hashish.
Oh yeah I'm so well connected, innit? Worldwide and only best of course! Meet me with envy, please(face to face no internet bullshit connections from the ordinary internet every irresponsible knob can look up and that's why isn't at least safe nor worth it at all) :mrgreen: ?
However, I was sceptical when I heard Babylon being mentioned(as I said great connections but to be fair was told it was only hearsay no personal experience :lol: ) as haven't been ages and mixed reviews of this place here.
Entered shop and polite enough youngish but pushy moroccan budtender recommended their best Tidighine(12,5€)which was a classic sticky moroccan hash, sort of darkish.
Again same league as Massawa's best but in this case I'd stick to former one. Still very good quality but I expected more. Not on the same level as say great batches of De Graal's Cream back in the day just to give you an idea.
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

I wasn´t really impressed by their hash in the past although I heard very good things from different people like for example a moroccan local I met one time at Coffeeshop Voyagers... but when I was there the quality was so so compared to the coffeeshops I usually go.
One time I scored the Tidighine (years back) it had a strange chemical smell but also had some good examples from their Babylon Special... They also had on a few visits pretty "old" hash... never scored such "old" (maybe years old? :lol: ) hash in Amsterdam again...

I will have a new look on their wares on my next trip... thanks for the review Jesscass :wink:
oldhabits

Post by oldhabits »

i didn't mind this coffee shop called in to try some hash recommended some stuff by the bud tender who, pulled a lump out of his pocket and done me a gram (12 euro)( cant remember its name t something). not a bad smoke one of the better hash i tried but i did get better elsewhere for cheaper.

overall not a bad place for the location has a decent smoke room and i enjoyed hanging there. green menu not that impressive though bring some with you
DMPOLIN

Post by DMPOLIN »

Been in Babylon loads of times the place is tuched away just behind warmoesstraat street great staff as knew them as been to Amsterdam 3 time last year and again on February and always pop in to see Babylon guys and €10 a g and loads better than bull dog but my favourite one is in zandvoort the yanks is great
FlyByNite

Post by FlyByNite »

New menu for Babylon dated December 15, 2018. Thanks to Nath.

http://www.coffeeshopmenus.org/Babylon/ ... bylon.html

Enjoy
FlyByNite
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

Their Ice O Lator (15€/g) looks interesting. I saw on an older menu that it´s moroccan Ice hash... anyone tried it?
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

I was here to check out their Ice O Lator but it wasn´t in stock atm :? I went for their Tidghine (12,50€/g) instead. The last batch I saw of their Tidghine (years ago) had a kind of chemical smell to it but that one had a lovely spicy smell. It´s a blonde creamy hash that gets pretty soft when holded a bit in the hand. Pleasant classic taste like you would imagine from such a blonde hash. Good quality moroccan but a bit too expensive.

The place itself was packed... there was a bigger queue which reached out to the store :shock: Especially around New Year's Eve it´s crazy how many peole are in town.

edit

By the way the shop was closed when I was there at 12:30pm but when I visited it twice later that day it was open...
FlyByNite

Post by FlyByNite »

New menu for Babylon dated November 6, 2021. Thanks to Tokeing Tom.

http://www.coffeeshopmenus.org/Babylon/ ... bylon.html

Enjoy
FlyByNite
Tokeing tom

Post by Tokeing tom »

Mokum OG Kush, smelled great in the tub and the flavour was there when smoked, bud was a little fluffy but all in a good smoke., didn't go inside just rolled up on the small shelf becide dealer don't really like the interior of this place they got it the wrong way round, smoking room in the back feels like a hospital weighting room
Liam42

Post by Liam42 »

Review from visit early december 2022
White widow flower-had wee seeds inside, first time i ever got that in 15 trips to the dam. wont be back
be lucky