Babylon (formerly Kingston)

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate Babylon

I like Babylon
100%
I don't like Babylon
No votes

Total votes: 9

Cloud of smoke

Re: Babylon (formerly Kingston)

Post by Cloud of smoke »

Found this CS as it was just down from the hotel, I learned a few trips ago that the quiet ones are always worth a quick chuff, staff were great, even put up with 8 drunk mates turning up and drowning out the tv!

Well worth a visit and the stock was fine, amnesia seemed to be the big thing but I tried so many types I'm struggling to remember what from where :)

We ended up there three nights in a row for atleast an hour, was so handy to stock up before heading back to stink out the hotel!

Def popping back next trip, that reminds me, where's easyjets website......

:)
Colino

Post by Colino »

Popped in here on the 26th of february. I asked to look at tighidine and rthe tender told me you do not need to see it, it's good stuff, I'm smoking it now. I told him that having a look was a good point to start, so he put it out and let me smell but I'm not impressed so I asked him to point me some good hashish in the menu and he showed me the super babylon for 8E/g. what a superb piece of hash. so creamy soft and fudgey. really sweet taste, one of the best hash I smoked in this trip for sure, very similar top shandrella from Amnesia but 5euro cheaper 9/10. BUY IT if you can
Lion King

Post by Lion King »

Been in babylon twice. both times i got the tidighin on budtenders recommendation, the short moroccan guy. owner? its a light pollen type of hash 10 Eur/g.
I think next time ill try the super Babylon, thanks colino
Bevar Christiania
Dave J

Post by Dave J »

Sure sounds like this place might become a bit of a gem and member popular in the near future.

From what I recall back in april last year it's fairly dark inside so unsure of what space they actually have to sit and smoke. But I do recall them having some decent smokable at a decent place.
Colino

Post by Colino »

Dave J wrote:Sure sounds like this place might become a bit of a gem and member popular in the near future.

From what I recall back in april last year it's fairly dark inside so unsure of what space they actually have to sit and smoke. But I do recall them having some decent smokable at a decent place.
I've always been sceptical about this place but I found it being really clean and comfty and super babylon last week was the bomb!
BaKd

Post by BaKd »

Popped in here last night, was shown a piece of Tidighin and it was nice and soft. Took 3g and returned back to my Hotel. Opened up the baggy to have a smoke of it and it was solid as a rock! The budtender had been standing there softening it up in preparation to show customers. :roll: Will not be back. :!:
Cisco

Post by Cisco »

I got a piece of the Tidghin on Monday and it's lovely , it's that kinda hash if it's cold it's hard jus warm it in your hand before use ? I knead all my hash before use

The Super Babylon is very soft almost putty ish , nice piece of hash but I personally don't like the taste (through glass anyway)very irony flavour !!
-
Lion King

Post by Lion King »

BaKd wrote:Popped in here last night, was shown a piece of Tidighin and it was nice and soft. Took 3g and returned back to my Hotel. Opened up the baggy to have a smoke of it and it was solid as a rock! The budtender had been standing there softening it up in preparation to show customers. :roll: Will not be back. :!:
^^Old trick to sell shit hash :shock: was in on tuesday they were out of the tidighin and super babylon. tried the Kristal and wasn't impressed
Bevar Christiania
BaKd

Post by BaKd »

Cisco wrote:I got a piece of the Tidghin on Monday and it's lovely , it's that kinda hash if it's cold it's hard jus warm it in your hand before use ? I knead all my hash before use

The Super Babylon is very soft almost putty ish , nice piece of hash but I personally don't like the taste (through glass anyway)very irony flavour !!
I always thought clean Hash was solid at room temperature but putty in your hands. The stuff I was ripped off for does not go as far as being "putty" and a horrid smoke. I got some lovely Hash from Barneys and GOA, blue tack consistency at room temperature, lovely.

Back on topic, Babylon Coffeeshop avoid!
Judo

Post by Judo »

^^Old trick to sell shit hash :shock: was in on tuesday they were out of the tidighin and super babylon. tried the Kristal and wasn't impressed
I disagree with you about the Krystal, but then that visit was a good year or so before yours so should have been different stuff.. was it like in my image? My Krystal was green and malleable.

On my latest trip they were out of Afghan so got some Nepal.

As you can see it was moldy. Guess they havent renewed their stock in a while.. maybe the hash sales are slow being right next to Amsterdam's main police station.

Going to check it out again though next month, will report back
Last edited by Judo on Sat 31st Mar 2012 04:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
BaKd

Post by BaKd »

I've lost faith in Hash, think I'll stick to the bud. My first visit to Amsterdam was approx 13 years ago, I still can't find any decent Zero Zero like there used to be. Good hash in Barneys, the Royal Hash was the best Hash of the trip.

I just binned the stuff from Babylon, low grade crap, hope Karma kicks them in the nuts....... :evil:
Cisco

Post by Cisco »

BaKd wrote:
Cisco wrote:I got a piece of the Tidghin on Monday and it's lovely , it's that kinda hash if it's cold it's hard jus warm it in your hand before use ? I knead all my hash before use

I always thought clean Hash was solid at room temperature but putty in your hands. The stuff I was ripped off for does not go as far as being "putty"d!
That's what I'm saying , again maybe different batch I got ? I will have a look in my pics but it jus totally fudged up with a wee hand warm lovely I took good macro pics and you can see the quality
-
kokopelli

Post by kokopelli »

Been going to this place for years, good stuff, decent prices, mainly locals.
I've tried all the menu and the weed is nice, not the best but for this price it's good.
The hash is excellent, tried them all, and if you go there "often" you might get some free tastings too with complimentary skin pack :)
Judo

Post by Judo »

Been going to this place for years, good stuff, decent prices, mainly locals.
Agreed, I dont want to put people off going there because of one bad purchase.

It's a decent shop with good bud at reasonable prices.. and the arabs who run it are sound.
Judo

Polm Hash

Post by Judo »

A quick visit for some polm, went for the Babylon Special. Nice and fresh, not bad for €8 a gram.