Babylon (formerly Kingston)

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate Babylon

I like Babylon
100%
I don't like Babylon
No votes

Total votes: 9

burners

Babylon (formerly Kingston)

Post by burners »

ACD Page: Babylon (formerly Kingston)

Kingston Coffeeshop: Down the street (Buerrstraat) from our hotel was this little gem which was never too busy and seemed more like a locals place than anything but as our Bartender at our hotel had advised us to try it we thought we would give it a whirl. Got some quality weed at really good prices (forgot the strains and cost) but i was quite surprised that it was so quiet as this was one of the finds of our trip and as it is just off the tourist track (turn right at Grasshopper 2) not many people seem to venture down to this Coffeeshop. If you are in the area you could do worse than to check out The Kingston Coffeeshop. rating 7/10 Like the shop

Smoke 'em if you got 'em
redeyed assassin

Post by redeyed assassin »

Now known as Babylon, great place, just down the road from my hotel. Couple of Moroccan blokes working, really good guys. Not the biggest place, room for 20 -25 I'd guess at but never seems busy.

The menu has about 6-8 Weeds and Hashes. The Tidighin at 10.50E which was the top hash on the menu was amazing. A clear uppy buzz and the hash falls apart in your hands - no exageration. I had this, Alladins Chocolate and some Chocolata in a pocket in my shorts all in seperate bags one day last week when it was absolutely boiling and while the others were fine the amount of oil that had seeped out of the Tidighin was unbelievable.

During my 5 days I bought 7g's of this stuff and it was always getting stuck to the bag it was in. Even after me taking greater care with it after the oil incident.

I also tried their Buddah Haze 10.50E which was my first smoke of the trip so it got my quite high :lol: My notes tell me it tasted good to.

The Babylon Special 8E was sampled aswell but if I'm honest I can't remember much about this. Picked it up at the end of a mad first night after my mate had buffled and had to go back to the hotel. So I smoked it to myself and thats probably why my memory or notes aren't helping with this one.

Anyway visit this place and try the Tidighin, you wont regret it.
HasjDreamer

Post by HasjDreamer »

Never finished my travelogue from last November - THIS was the coffeeshop find of the trip! As mentioned previously, it's now "Babylon" which is kinda funny considering that in Rasta culture that's NOT a place you'd want to hang out and get stoned in!

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff26 ... CN0692.jpg

That being said this cf is a GEM hidden in plain site next to a police station RIGHT in the centrum (runs along the Dam). It's cheesy name and location make it seem hardly worth the look but our open mind rewarded us with quality hasj, weed, GREAT prices and THE nicest staff and owner we've encountered in a while.

When we first went in and it was obviously a local shop with a fair amount of suitcase carrying tourists stopping in. The staff (and many local customers) were Moroccan but approached us all smiles and, when asked the crucial question of "what hasj would you recommend?" was offered the THIRD most expensive (Kristal) at a mere 8 e/g as being "perfect". Great taste and smell, nice clean high that wasn't devastating yet scratched the itch.

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff26 ... CN0627.jpg

We found ourselves returning and sampling all of the three hasjes and the babylon "special" bud - all seriously high-quality low-price product. Our conversations with the owner increased and soon we were chatting about our cities of origin. Funny, he mentioned how he would NEVER have the courage to go to Boston and he was from Ketama (and I don't have the balls to go there either!!).

Our last night we found ourselves settled in the plain but clean smokers room with cafe, pear looza and hash aplenty watching the ajax vs. dinamo game with the owner and a bunch of locals.

After a few hasj j's, a couple of cups of cafe and a convincing ajax victory we were ready to head back into the rainy night to get ready for our return trip in the morning. Needless to say, Babylon will be our FIRST stop come June and our return trip.

-HD
its bouquet sweet & pungent, its bite will roast
SkinAnother

Post by SkinAnother »

Sweet, sounds like a great find and I'm staying on that road :) I'll post something here when I get back after next week. Thanks for the posts.

SA
A Weekend Wasted Is Not A Wasted Weekend.
liquidSwords

Post by liquidSwords »

redeyed assassin wrote:
The menu has about 6-8 Weeds and Hashes. The Tidighin at 10.50E which was the top hash on the menu was amazing. A clear uppy buzz and the hash falls apart in your hands - no exageration. I had this, Alladins Chocolate and some Chocolata in a pocket in my shorts all in seperate bags one day last week when it was absolutely boiling and while the others were fine the amount of oil that had seeped out of the Tidighin was unbelievable.

During my 5 days I bought 7g's of this stuff and it was always getting stuck to the bag it was in. Even after me taking greater care with it after the oil incident.

Anyway visit this place and try the Tidighin, you wont regret it.
I love this hash, i first tried it in November 2008 and always pop in here to get some of this stuff on my trips,
Excuse me while I light my Spliff.....
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

I would visit this shop this week I think. I had to check their top hash ;)
I searched for this shop two times... but I looked for Coffeeshop Kingston not for Babylon :roll:
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

I checked this place out last week. I was a little bit confused when I come in the shop because there was 4 police guys standing in front of the shop (Policestation is next to the shop^^)... so I didn´t look really on their menu :) and asked only for a advice for good hash.

Very friendy staff. The Dealer showed me the Tidighin hash. A blonde hash which looks very tasty. For the price (10,50€/g) it was good but not the top notch hash I was looking for. I think I only got a bad batch because the hash was a little bit old (not many oil content)... there was a little bit sharp smell on this hash, too. I don´t know if that was normal... when I smoked it it smelled good.

The smoker area was completely full of people so I didn´t stay...

I want to go there next time when I´am in Dam and take a new look on their hash 8)
Judo

Babylon

Post by Judo »

Babylon is tucked away on Beursstraat. Happened across it by chance.

The 'Babylon Special' weed was very nice, not super strong but good.. if that makes sense. It tasted a lot like shiva. €10 a g.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17333509/IMAG0187.jpg

Tried two hashes, the special was spacier and more uplifting that the Tidighin, which was more expensive.
Both a kind of polm

Special €8 p gram
Tidighin €10 p gram

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17333509/IMAG0188.jpg

Overall, this place is recommended.
TRANCE

Re: Babylon (formerly Kingston)

Post by TRANCE »

I thought this place had completely shut down altogether. I replaced Kingston with Babylon back onto my coffeeshop map. Cheers for the latest info.
MY AMSTERDAM MAP = www.amsterdamer.supanet.com
Epsilon

Post by Epsilon »

Visited here early July ...the Budha Haze had the most unique taste since my first toke of Cheese ...Very Funky .
Judo

Post by Judo »

Visited 12th July 2011

Tried the top 2 hashes already from here so tried the next which was Krystal €7.5 per gram.

Looks like lovely fresh polm, slightly green tinge to it.

Pulls apart easily.
Pine fresh taste, smooth and lasting high.
As good as the top 2 in my opinion, and a bargain at this price.
Jimmy

Post by Jimmy »

Judo wrote:Visited 12th July 2011

Tried the top 2 hashes already from here so tried the next which was Krystal €7.5 per gram.

Looks like lovely fresh polm, slightly green tinge to it.

Pulls apart easily.
Pine fresh taste, smooth and lasting high.
As good as the top 2 in my opinion, and a bargain at this price.

Look amazing buddy!
The Dude!
dre

Post by dre »

I been in Marocco so I smoked "a bit" ;) of hashish so Imho Tidighin it is a good reason to go in this place! Really nice stuff! I tried also their weed but was not excellent.

Peace && Love && Respect
USbongLord

Post by USbongLord »

any recent buzz on this shop...going to check it out as i havent visited since kingston
rockin into the night
Rusty Shackleford

Post by Rusty Shackleford »

Quick buy n fly for me last trip Aug 2010, seemed pretty quiet then. Bought 1g Tidighin 9 euro if i can remember, pretty average smoke but done the job . :)
KEEP ER LIT