Johnny

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate Johnny

I like Johnny
No votes
I don't like Johnny
No votes

Total votes: 0

cainedspaniard

Re: Johnny

Post by cainedspaniard »

Johnny’s Coffeeshop

http://imgur.com/gallery/qok44

So this coffeeshop has always been on the top of my lists, perhaps not top 10 but worth checking out, it’s really unknown and I think under appreciated. It’s located just up from Mr K, (Elandsgracht) and I don’t think they’ll mind me saying that Johnny’s is very much a grab and go coffeeshop.

As before I want to mention I am not just reviewing the weed but the coffeeshops experience as a whole, I think there is a lack of genuine thoughts within the reviews. I am not promoting or affiliated with any coffeeshops! This all is my opinion and thoughts, I am not a connoisseur of cannabis but a stoner with the idea to inform others as they visit this great city!

So this place isn’t hard to find but it isn’t easy, look out for Johnny’s Coffeeshop in big red letters above the entrance, this sign is the biggest thing about the shop. It’s pretty small, when entering you usually have to ring a bell and once your allowed in you’ll see what I mean. Theres a tiny smoking area 1x2m, it’s not the best place if your looking to chill and smoke for a while, having said that there are a couple of reasons to check the place out.

First one being it’s cheap! like the budgie! I added a menu to this post and it shows a couple of flavours that aren’t so expensive, I haven’t tried the Kosher Kush here but 13.50 isn’t bad so I might have to try that and update. This time around I bought the cookie cream, she’s 11Euro and I don’t think that’s to shabby, again a good thing remember is you don’t have to buy by a gram, I simply asked for 15euro’s worth and got myself a nice nug. (photo below)

The second reason to come here in truth goes along with the first, after being in the city you’ll learn coffeeshops have similar/if not the same strains/genetics and from this have different prices. It’s hard to get the correct information to give you guys but this is what I know, Johnny’s sells a couple of genetics, Amsterdam Genetics being one of them (the same as Boerejongens) Now I can’t 100% confirm on this but we’re all bud smokers and I like to think we can tell similar and different buds apart?
In the summer I fell in love with the Super Strawberry Haze from Boerejongens! She was real dense, such a smooth and sweet taste just perfect, 14Euro but worth the money. After getting lost I came across Johnny’s and remembered how I hadn’t been in a couple weeks, once looking at the menu I found they also had in a Super Strawberry haze which was 9Euro, both being Amsterdam Genetics. With no hesitation I bought 20worth so i could compare buds from each shops. After spending quite a while comparing and also discussing with friends we all went Johnny’s and bought 5g! It was the same bud as boerejongens. I can also say DNA Coffeeshop sells a C5 Pioneer at the moment which is 11Euro compared to Johnny’s 13.50 and I think Dampkring is 14euro maybe. (need to confirm that) Either way it’s always best to look about and know place from place.

The weed:

As mentioned they stock Amsterdam Genetics and with the hype their receiving at the moment that can’t be a bad thing. They always have a wide range of strains and the list is always changing. The one I post on here could change by the time you come out, personally this is something I like as you can go to the shop and get a variety of bud, your not always stuck with the same menu and flavours like in some the others. You can walk in here and sometimes be quite surprised with what they have in. Service is always friendly, but it’s kinda easy when it’s a real quick transaction. Hello sir, I would like the … please, thank you sir, bye bye!
I will mention that i am not an easy customer.. sometimes, especially when the coffeeshop has a big menu I will ask to see a couple strains even when i’m only spending 20/30Euro, I have never received an issue or any remark when doing this is Johnny’s. I’ve had it in Bulldog and also Hunters where the bud tender gots annoyed because I wanted to see more than one strain.

To Summarise:

Johnny’s is worth checking as the flavours they can have couple strains in which other coffeeshops don’t, the Cookie Cream I haven’t seen in many spots and for 11euro she was a real nice smoke. As a whole coffeeshop experience it’s not the best as you simply go to the desk buy your weed (maybe roll) and leave. For that it’s not going to excite those who are wanting to come to Amsterdam and get a little high but I think if you’ve come specifically come to the city to try as many strains and buds as you can then I think this place is at least worth a visit for the menu they provide.

Thanks again for reading,
Feel free to let me know your thoughts.

Next review coming: DNA Coffeeshop

i'm your doctor, when in need; want some coke, have some weed
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

Great reviews keep em coming please :)
macky

Re: Johnn

Post by macky »

Nice read ,strawberry haze read thread earlier about how good Amniesia CS was , Strawberry something any way :D Most reviews don,t describe CS because most members have been there , seen that couple dozen times. Some will talk atmospher or BT attitude. Some come over a lot looking for good smoke ,reports like yours help with leg work. Those cobbles are a bitch.
tinky

Post by tinky »

Always enjoyed the OGxNYCD from here for a very reasonable €10.
OneHighMofo

Re: Johnn

Post by OneHighMofo »

macky wrote:Those cobbles are a bitch.

I hear ya brother Macky
jonnyhez

Coffeeshop Johnny

Post by jonnyhez »

I want to mention Coffeeshop Johnny, it's not one of the first that springs to mind when Coffeeshop's get mentioned. We've been in most of them in Amsterdam and come to realise that Coffeeshop Johnny is one of the best. The weed is some of the best in Amsterdam and much cheaper with alot more of a selection. In the south of the city and out of the main tourist trap but well within walking distance you'll find a better "Coffeeshop" experience. A must.
Kev kirk

Re: Coffeeshop Johnny

Post by Kev kirk »

Is Coffeeshop Johnny part of the boerejonegens chain?
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

Kev kirk wrote: Sat 11th Nov 2017 06:30 pm Is Coffeeshop Johnny part of the boerejonegens chain?
The Boerejongs guys told that Coffeeshop Jonny is not really a part of the Boerejongens chain but they are "friends" and so Coffeeshop Jonny sells a lot of Amsterdam Genetics weed/hashes.

By the way I was there last weekend :D. I saw that they also had Super Silver Haze Block (9,50€/g) on the menu like Boere... it´s the same stuff at the same price. I really like that hash... one of the best sativa hashes for me atm 8) that taste/effect is exactly to my taste :D smells a little like "Fanta", bubbles nicely and gives me a nice activating high 8)

My mate got the "Sticky Ice O Lator" (10€/g) which is indeed super shiny, oily and sticky but it need a little hand warmth to get it soft. It smells like said in the description pretty minty... didn´t tried it yet
kibby

Post by kibby »

This place in contention for best selection / prices in town, really upped their game. Massive selection now.
Diesel bloc hash, 8.50 p/g, lighty sandy texture, polm that stinx of diesel, tastes wicked in mighty.
Amnes/G13 at 11, dense little nugs, similar to bubble at voyagers.
SSH @10, honking.
Banana kush 11, pineapple kush 13.50, both lekker.
WLow

Post by WLow »

i was here end november, bouncer at the door , lookin friendly and pissed by the rain you now what it is.

entered to a room full of english lads smokin spliffs in the little glassroom, by that time a local passed me for his fix and finally got down to the counter.

i got some super silver haze.

sweatin buds was ok.
FlyByNite

Post by FlyByNite »

New menu for Johnny dated March 12, 2018. Kudos djreign.

http://www.coffeeshopmenus.org/Johnny/Menus/Johnny.html

Enjoy
FlyByNite
FlyByNite

Post by FlyByNite »

New menu for Johnny dated April 16, 2018. Thanks to Lemming.

http://www.coffeeshopmenus.org/Johnny/M ... hnny.html

Enjoy
FlyByNite
Pierre von Mondragon

Post by Pierre von Mondragon »

Dropped in here for first time last week on the strength of the menu above, got 3g Black Domina and 2g Tangerine Haze, both at 8.50. The Tangerine is very nice for the price, clean and tangy, been curing the Domina since I got it, I'll try it soon, smelling better by the day.
FlyByNite

Post by FlyByNite »

New menu for Johnny dated May 21, 2018. Thanks to Amsterdam Genetics.

http://www.coffeeshopmenus.org/Johnny/Menus/Johnny.htm

Enjoy
FlyByNite
kibby

Post by kibby »

Went early to examine their wares as place gets a lot of human traffic. Royal choco kush and lemon haze stood out from their selection, fat buds and stinking. Both 10e/g so maxed out. Blacks dominos sold out.

UPDATE. royalchocokush perfume taste at high temp in vape, neit goed.