Johnny

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate Johnny

I like Johnny
No votes
I don't like Johnny
No votes

Total votes: 0

Padge247

Re: Johnny

Post by Padge247 »

Having read positive reviews of this place here, me and my friends stopped by here on Sunday morning with the intention of buying some bud to take and smoke at La Tertulia round the corner, but I had not remembered La Terulia was closed on Sundays so we decided to smoke at Johnny. Staff really friendly, had a look at the KC Punch but wasn't really tempted, the smell didn't seem too tempting either. She asked what we were after and after we said strong sativa she recommended the Super Silver Haze (9.50 maybe) which I must say smelt and looked fantastic, so we took a gram. Sat down and rolled then smoked in the smoking area (a pain, but I don't mind, it is a little small, but probably no designed for groups of tourists) and must say probably the best example of SSH I have had so far, very nice and strong !

While we sat and drank our drinks (my friend reckoned he had the best latte of his trip) they added a new strain to the menu Super Silver G13, and I must say the buds looked incredible as she filled the tub, if we didn't have a 1g per shop rule I may have grabbed some (13 euros I think). Great little shop, would pop back here when I next end up that side of the city.

elasticband

Post by elasticband »

interesting the SSH use to be top of the menu at around 11e per gram only a month ago.

9.5 is same as BJ's prices, and the SSH g13 is a strain from over there also but at 12e per gram, i actually bought a bit 2 days ago and it was a great morning sativa.

SSH
white choco
jungle haze
SSH g13
They must find it difficult, those who have taken authority as truth, rather than truth as authority
orle

Post by orle »

and also a Casey Jones at 9, instead of BJ's 12 per gram :mrgreen:

i too remember the SSH being 11 p/g but that's been a few weeks agp

is Jungle Haze back on the menu here?
Padge247

Post by Padge247 »

Think it was on, maybe 7.50 ?
elasticband

Post by elasticband »

stopped by today,

jungle was 7.50 but did not look
SS g13 was 11e and did not look anywhere near as good as the BJ's 12e version.
the SSH for 9.5e is very similar in smell and taste to the above shops version (edit) although quite sticky now i am pulling apart the bud
They must find it difficult, those who have taken authority as truth, rather than truth as authority
orle

Post by orle »

Picked up a 5er of G13-SSH and SSH earlier. Both pretty damp... much too wet imo. G13-SSH looks thinner and hazier than the regular SSH, also a bit less resinous. Which is suprising, aren't those G13 hybrids usually chunkier and more indica-leaning?

Jungle Haze didn't look so hot and the smell was sweet hay, made me sad. Chocolope looked OK but pricey at 10. Picked up a bit of their Jhenne-something hash, a dark soft maroc made out of pakistan plants, 10 p/g, at the recommendation of the lady who served me. Looks top notch.

(on the way home I bought some SSH at Boerejongens, the nugs in their tub were HUGE compared to Johnnys, and slightly different in struct, but still very similar and may come from the same src)
Last edited by orle on Mon 11th Nov 2013 04:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
elasticband

Post by elasticband »

the lady at johnny recommended the g13 SSH over the SSH, bud glad i took the SSH, the buds of the other really did not look so appealing.

I wish BJ's would get some new funky hazes like the kali mex, SS kali and fruit sprirt, i loved all three :) oh and the m4 SSH...... really like the balanced effects of a good SSH i do :)
orle

Post by orle »

Hmm, the G13xSSH is not sweet at all but very hazy, interesting! Has some spicy pepper and wooden flavor,pretty different from the sweet bubblegum of their regular SSH.
I haven't tried BJ's G13-SSH yet, prob cos they advertised it as "SSH with G13 added as THC booster" on an earlier menu and charge the hoofdprijs. Nothing new at BJs, by the way....hopefully something Kali-related again soon, but just the mexican sativa component of the Kali-Mex would go down well with me, too :twisted: :mrgreen:
George Hanson

Post by George Hanson »

I remember hunting this shop down a few years back as johnny's was the name of the CS in the movie deuce bigalow so thought we'd have a looksy...... :lol: :lol:

As some may know, it wasn't the shop in the movie. We looked through the window and walked off, dunno why we never bothered going in and trying their wares.... lol :lol: :lol:
Life is short, don't hang around waiting for others...
orle

Post by orle »

orle wrote:Hmm, the G13xSSH is not sweet at all but very hazy
"hazy" is probably too vague. after all, lots of haze is also sweet...

with "hazy" i meant that weird fuely spicy funk that makes the room reek so much...ah well :mrgreen: good spicy sativa, would prob buy again if under 10pg :lol: :oops:

oh and had a (vapor) bowl of BJ SSH and Johnny SSH back-to-back, both were fairly damp but full of flavor. sugary bud, sugary taste. very similar.. couldn't tell them apart tbh
orle

Post by orle »

Superb "OG Diesel" here, diesel dominant, very very flavorful.
orle

Post by orle »

orle wrote:Superb "OG Diesel" here, diesel dominant, very very flavorful.

Full flavored, nice variation on the NY Diesel theme. Seems a bit stronger than regular NY Diesel, but is mostly the same sort of head buzz. 10 p/g. Competitive pricing: they had some nice-looking Casey Jones for 9, and jungle haze at 7,5.
elasticband

Post by elasticband »

orle wrote:
orle wrote:Hmm, the G13xSSH is not sweet at all but very hazy
"hazy" is probably too vague. after all, lots of haze is also sweet...

with "hazy" i meant that weird fuely spicy funk that makes the room reek so much...ah well :mrgreen: good spicy sativa, would prob buy again if under 10pg :lol: :oops:

oh and had a (vapor) bowl of BJ SSH and Johnny SSH back-to-back, both were fairly damp but full of flavor. sugary bud, sugary taste. very similar.. couldn't tell them apart tbh

got some last week, it was very pungent but even the guy said it was fresh, which it was so i only took a gram. The appearance was much different, much darker brown hairs like typical diesel.

This weeks batch is lovely! the c5 pioneer is interesting also
HisDudeness

Post by HisDudeness »

Super Silver Haze, probably one of the best I've found and at 10/g also one of the cheapest. Excellent taste, well cured and all round a very good example of this strain. Will be back again to Johnnys for more.
Mind If I Do a J?
seanlyall

Post by seanlyall »

Picked up 2g of Grand Cru and 3g of Jungle haze (€9.50 & €7.50) both are excellent! :-D
One convenient location... in Africa.