The Plug (formerly Utopia)

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate The Plug (formerly Utopia)

I like The Plug
90%
I don't like The Plug
10%

Total votes: 269

deebzy75

Re: Utopia

Post by deebzy75 »

well if the plug is so great they could have rescucitated a shit shop like voyagers did years ago...just saying
i look forward to taking a look in 4 weeks time

Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

I'm digging the product from here the Key Lime Pie & ODV3 are quite nice, def some of the more noteworthy coffeeshop wares I've had in some time (rivaled only by Easy Time's recent batch[es] of Sour Tangie), they seem to be adding menu items almost daily too, with the eventual opening of the cafe next door curious to see how this collab develops going forward...

@Lemming: if you read this can we get an update on thread title or should I start a new one for the Plug?
notsofasteddie

Post by notsofasteddie »

DeLekkersteNUGS16 wrote: Mon 21st May 2018 11:48 pm I'm digging the product from here the Key Lime Pie & ODV3 are quite nice, def some of the more noteworthy coffeeshop wares I've had in some time (rivaled only by Easy Time's recent batch[es] of Sour Tangie), they seem to be adding menu items almost daily too, with the eventual opening of the cafe next door curious to see how this collab develops going forward...

@Lemming: if you read this can we get an update on thread title or should I start a new one for the Plug?
Have you tried the muffins or the brownies? Nel still in the picture?

Ingi is still there, yes?

The collaboration is of interest! Homegrown Fantasy and the bar that is now Big Shot used to be a pair - coffeshop & smoker friendly bar, a delightful combination: Purple Erquell and PilsnerUrquell another delightful combination! :mrgreen:
FlyByNite

Post by FlyByNite »

New menu for Utopia dated May 21, 2018. Thanks to Calebovski.

http://www.coffeeshopmenus.org/Utopia/M ... opia.html

Enjoy
FlyByNite
Old Timer

Post by Old Timer »

That might well be one of the best coffee shop menus I've ever seen!
Nuggz

Coffeeshop The Plug (formerly Utopia)

Post by Nuggz »

Alright well, if it's all apathy and mourning here, I'm gonna be the one to rip off the band-aid here, out with the old in with the new.

(or feel free to merge etc, if fit)

Anyway, there is a certain more youthful wankery vibe that is/will flock here, but I personally never found the predecessor very noteworthy in either vibe or wares on offer - if I'm honest.

And to that regard - quality of goods on offer and array, there has already been a marked and immediate improvement.

They opened just over a week ago and seem to have quite a selection of impressive strains (EU grown that is, I'm assuming it's all either high-grade Spanish or Dutch grown), most of the noteworthy samples I've seen were top of the menu at 15 EUR per g, though there's a few that max at 16 EUR, but most bits have been spot on thus far, particularly the ODV3 and even more so the Key Lime Pie (both 15), packing wonderful citrusy terps and formidable potency.
Junglist Movement

Re: Coffeeshop The Plug (formerly Utopia)

Post by Junglist Movement »

Cheers for this! I've never been to utopia so I've no point of comparison to the plug. I feel Better quality weed can only be a good thing.

I'll have to wait n see on the young wankery though :)
Papi

Post by Papi »

Tracksuit wearing chavs are gonna occupy Utopia now rather than 1eHulp, but good for Jack, he's a sound guy, who liked Utopia very much as well. Can't wait to get there in 3 weeks:)
Edibles on a plane is my middle fucking name
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

My mate got their el Chapo (16€/g) and OG#18 last weekend and was pretty happy with it. He was also pretty surprised of their huge seletion :shock: and everthing he asked to see looked pretty good, too.

Well like Old Timer wrote in the Utopia thread they have one of the best if not the best coffeeshop menu I ever saw.

But I could imagine that it´s hard to get enough supply with that 500g in a coffeeeshop rule :? I mean they have like 40 strains (with US and hash) on the menu. So if they want to have the same amount of every strain in stock it would be 12,5g of each strain... not really much and a lot of refill work. Haarlems Shops are allowed to have 1 kilo in stock which is much easier for the owner...

but overall my mate was really happy with their wares and I will def. come and check them out.
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

This place's menu is growing at such an exponential rate that I'm really wondering when they'll have to buy a bigger display monitor for it... :lol:

Phase-I of importing the BCN model (mind bogglingly long menu) complete! ✔
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

This morning on the way to work (like the selfish-druggie I naturally am):

Popped-in to check the new menu (which this week has literally expanded by at least one item per day).

Was having a sniff at the newest additions, when I noticed the absence of 'Key Lime Pie' on the display, nooo... owner Jack saw my dismay and so graciously pulled out the tub with some popcorn/shake remnants and gave me a nice hand-full on the house - big ups for that bro!

Today was payday with annual holiday-bonus payout, so I bent over and splurged on a gram of Zkittlez for 35 EUR/g (I know, I know); they've also added POS terminal, so you can pay with card too - pinnen? ja graag!

haven't tried the Cali wares yet, but will report back - allegedly in like 10ish days the cafe will be up and running for business according to Jack.

So in conclusion, owner is a sound dude - making big moves in a shrinking arena (Amsterdam), and I hope this thing really takes off!

Edit: before any fucking delusional whiny bitch (redacted) self-appointedly pious meth-heads try to imply anything, no I'm not just giving props because of the free goods, that dude doesn't even remotely need my help promoting - his business is well taken off already! #PSFuckYouJesscass(hole).

Edit: people's born health conditions are no laughing matter apologies to those offended by my lack of any judgment in the pre-edit comment, that was an inconsiderate and dick move move my part. I sincerely hope eventually bygones will be just that, and if not I've said my piece and there's nothing further that can be done and we'll leave it at that.
Last edited by Nuggz on Thu 24th May 2018 11:09 am, edited 4 times in total.
GP_Smoker

Post by GP_Smoker »

Thanks DLNUGS16 for the regular updates, my mate and I noticed on Instagram that the keylime pie had gone, really wanted to try that so hope it's back on soon. I'm heading here first thing on the 4th so fingers crossed the cafe will be open by then as my memories of utopia don't exactly scream spacious at me :)
LLMReb

Post by LLMReb »

I feel compelled to write on this thread if for no other reason than being in on the early pages of what I figure will be a 50+ page thread regarding this CS. 8)

I'll miss Utopia. It was an 'always stop here' CS for me. Thanks to Gapie for making that video of the last day(s) of Utopia.

Did The Plug get the coffee machine up and running?
CopenhagenCouple

Post by CopenhagenCouple »

LLMReb wrote: Thu 24th May 2018 04:40 pm I'll miss Utopia. It was an 'always stop here' CS for me. Thanks to Gapie for making that video of the last day(s) of Utopia.

Did The Plug get the coffee machine up and running?
We will also miss Utopia and the many great times we had there, but are also looking forward to trying out the new place and their wares. Time changes everything and all that, so let's at least be glad that it wasn't another closure that ended the old Utopia.

CopenhagenCouple

P.s. We are still convinced it was Jess or James who killed the old coffee machine in a last act of vengeance on the thing that caused them so much grief... :lol:

P.p.s. Anyone know what will happen to the Hotel / hostel part of Utopia?
Always know where your towel is! :wtf: :lol:
WLow

Post by WLow »

Wasn't the hostel renovated not so long ago? maybe it's still in the old owner's hand.

Like CCouple am looking forward pay them a visit, the menu changing regularly is a good thing if it's to get smaller batch of new strains, someone totally new to the city is better then getting another Boer chain shop model buying over all the locations with the same strains everywhere, more diversity the better.

I compare The plug to High Society in Leiden, they both brought something new even if there is rules in the NL weed world.

DNL buying 35€ gram bud is impressive too :mrgreen: