Homegrown Fantasy

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate Homegrown Fantasy

I like Homegrown Fantasy
91%
I don't like Homegrown Fantasy
9%

Total votes: 258

zootdog

Re: Homegrown Fantasy

Post by zootdog »

any one know what the menu is like at the moment?

backstraped
Lukewonderr

Post by Lukewonderr »

Was just here yesterday.

They have some really good, clean, well cured buds. The best of their weed is Amazing Haze, AK47, and Afghaan.

I only tried the amazing haze but it was very nice, very similar in high to the lemon haze and dr grinspoon, a good strong happy sativa.

Homegrown Fantasy also had the hash I was looking for!!! That Crumbly soft blonde hash, skuff. I got 2 grams of that and it was one of the chillest highs ever. Well worth it.

the BT is this cool hippie lady
banshee beat

Post by banshee beat »

Was here on 420 between Utopia and 420 Cafe. Asked for the most unique smelling strain they had and the lovely female BT happily obliged and immediately got out the Afghan - weed not hash!! I'd never seen this on a menu or even heard of it before FT had told me last night in Anyday that someone was smoking it at a TnT once and he left immediately to grab 5g of it. Anyway, this is stuff was so perfect. The buds were huge and had that not too dense/not too airy look to them that pretty much all of HGF's bud have (probably down to have they're grown etc). I picked a bud that weighed 1.6g and paid about €21. It was a perfect christmas tree shape completely covered in orange hairs. It had that very musky smell that I associate with some of the purer indicas. Not usually a fan of this taste or smell but it really was an excellent pick and very unusual. I smoked the whole bud in my 420 quadroached spliff :twisted:

Really will miss HGF's great hospitality and quality product over the years. I'm pleased that my last memory here is a very positive and unique one.
Off is the new on
livinlavidalocal

Post by livinlavidalocal »

I like hgf a lot. Not a big fan of the interior but in weed terms they kick utopia's butt. Don't get me wrong... Utopia still is good cs and hospitality wise maybe the best. The afghan from here is liked described... Wonderful. Also they have good prices.
shekelz07

Post by shekelz07 »

the afghan i got a few days ago was not as previously described here. what i got was fairly airy, little scent and little flavour. so much so i ended up not even finishing the joint of it. smell 7 taste 5 effect 5
oldbitey

Post by oldbitey »

Just heard Homegrown Fantasy is closing July 1, along with a bunch of other old favorites. Sad to see it go, I've visited that shop for twenty years! :cry:
CalyxSmokr

Post by CalyxSmokr »

banshee beat wrote:Was here on 420 between Utopia and 420 Cafe. Asked for the most unique smelling strain they had and the lovely female BT happily obliged and immediately got out the Afghan - weed not hash!! I'd never seen this on a menu or even heard of it before FT had told me last night in Anyday that someone was smoking it at a TnT once
can anyone tell me what a "TnT" is? just curious
jim n soj

Post by jim n soj »

CalyxSmokr wrote:
banshee beat wrote:Was here on 420 between Utopia and 420 Cafe. Asked for the most unique smelling strain they had and the lovely female BT happily obliged and immediately got out the Afghan - weed not hash!! I'd never seen this on a menu or even heard of it before FT had told me last night in Anyday that someone was smoking it at a TnT once
can anyone tell me what a "TnT" is? just curious
A TnT is a Toke and Talk to meet other stoners mate.
Newto420

Post by Newto420 »

Has this CS closed altogether now then? Can anybody confirm? It was on my list to visit next week! Shame, seemed like a really cool place..
Dimon

Post by Dimon »

Newto420 wrote:Has this CS closed altogether now then? Can anybody confirm? It was on my list to visit next week! Shame, seemed like a really cool place..
Yes,they closed on 1 of July ,unfortunately .I saw it on their Facebook page .It was a farewell party and such.
H
Papi

Post by Papi »

But are they closing the premise for good? I've heard some rumours that there's gonna be a smoker friendly bar there.
Edibles on a plane is my middle fucking name
Dimon

Post by Dimon »

Papi_3city wrote:But are they closing the premise for good? I've heard some rumours that there's gonna be a smoker friendly bar there.
This one i do not know .That would be good ,i like that place.
H
Padge247

Post by Padge247 »

Really gutted I missed the opportunity to pop down to this place before it closed, so caught up in other things over the past couple of months I completely forgot about the impending closures =( This was the first shop I ever went to, and I did make sure to go back (and the friends I was with must have bought nearly 10g between them) in Feb. A definite loss to the coffeeshop scene =(

Do hope it reopens as a smoker friendly bar though ! Can buy and smoke at Utopia, then pop across the road for a beer and a joint =D
notsofasteddie

Post by notsofasteddie »

Padge247 wrote:
Do hope it reopens as a smoker friendly bar though ! Can buy and smoke at Utopia, then pop across the road for a beer and a joint =D
Not Likely to Happen as there is already a smoker friendly bar right next to the former Homegrown Fantasy location.

Padge247

Post by Padge247 »

Yes, I have been in that bar before. I guess you are probably right, maybe if it aimed itself more as a cafe that also served beer, more than a traditional 'watch sports here' pub, it may be able to carve out it's own little niche =(