Homegrown Fantasy

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate Homegrown Fantasy

I like Homegrown Fantasy
91%
I don't like Homegrown Fantasy
9%

Total votes: 258

sosagf

Re: Homegrown Fantasy

Post by sosagf »

s5 haze was good here. strong smell and reasonably priced. always a nice place to chill

Opus132

Post by Opus132 »

Enjoyed 2 of the most unique strains I've ever sampled here: Cheese and Silver Pearl. The Cheese was a few years back and was easily the strongest weed I've ever had. I bought a gram and put it all into a joint, smoked it, and felt my mind starting to melt, brain damage shit, and it's the first time I ever remember thinking that any weed was just too strong :shock: . I've been generally disappointed by the Cheese I've had at other cs's but this sample I had at HGF was the hammer. I smoked the Silver Pearl there. It's a nice place to hang out in. Well spread out and pretty mature and artsy from what I can recall. The Silver Pearl had me laughing up a storm. These young British ladies next to me started laughing and then we were all laughing together and just couldn't stop. Man, I felt so happy! I eventually stumbled out of HGF to greet a sunny afternoon along the Western Canals of Amsterdam. Man, I got to go back.
Turn off your mind, relax and float downstream. - John Lennon
Jaybee

Post by Jaybee »

Ever have one of those days when Amsterdam "turns" on you?

I have been going to Amsterdam frequently since 1994 and Home Grown Fantasy since then. Back in the day HGF was known for their kind buds and for being the only woman owned coffee shop around. IT has a little bit different vibe and was my favorite spot for many years. Often when showing first time visitors around it would be the first coffee shop I would take them too.

My last trip was in November 2012. On the last day of a pretty good trip everything went to hell. The apartment we were renting had some issues that the managers tried to blame on us but which were not of our doing. Basically they tried to steal our deposit. After arguing for two hours and finally getting our deposit back I had an hour to kill before going to the airport and decided to get some coffee at HGF and try to finish off the rest of my stash. In addition to rolling a couple spliffs I wanted to hit one of their glass bongs too but was told in a really nasty tone, even though no one was using any of the bongs, that if i did not buy some weed there i could not use the bongs. I tried to explain that i was a long time regular just on my way out of town, and couldnt they bend the rule for a fellow head? No dice, nasty talk and looks from a big unfriendly guy behind the bar. Just a totally nasty vibe. I guess all things come to an end and HGF has been on the decline for years but really sad that is has gotten so bad. FOr a nice friendly vibe there are lots of other shops that appreciate their customers business. I would recommend Voyagers or Green Place just to name two.

JB
Padge247

Post by Padge247 »

Came here after going to Utopia one day I think. Really nice vibe here, quite an arty crowd, nice menu. However I can't remember for the life of me what we bought, but it was a pretty nice sativa that we enjoyed quite alot !
Padge247

Post by Padge247 »

Actually I think it was Amazing Haze we got here.
elasticband

Post by elasticband »

was it amazing?
They must find it difficult, those who have taken authority as truth, rather than truth as authority
Padge247

Post by Padge247 »

Eurgh I really should have taken a notebook with me so I could have actually given decent feedback.....I seem to remember thinking it was pretty amazing at the time
kathedral

Post by kathedral »

Embarrassing and funny story to tell which will be immediately understood by Hamsterdamnists everywhere.

As is the usual profile, visited the Dam more times than I can remember and that's only the start of the amnesia.
In this case, there I am sometime this year on first visit for a few years.

I have long since progressed out of the Centraal proximity on visits so I'm staying in the Jordaan on this occasion and haven't been smoking at all.
It's maybe the fifth day of my visit (business not pleasure, in truth) and time to relax, finally, as job done and it's Friday.
This is where HGF comes in:

I'm passing on the way from Centraal not even thinking of a spliff when the door of HGF comes up left of me and sticks the CS license in my face momentarily.
Stroking my chin thoughtfully, it's that 'Coffee Shop, eh?' moment.
In I go. There's only a couple of people in, one of whom is a stoned looking young hippy visitor and the other a business suit woman who's a local. She's rabbiting with the woman behind the bar in Dutch so I get plenty of time to park my ass and check the menu.

Something about the place is vaguely familiar but I'm pretty sure that my feeling of 'Oh this is a nice place' is a new feeling.

Enter conversation with bar woman. She's from Groningen originally and is telling myself and the stoned dude about the long ago days of the early coffeeshop movement. She also says she's 40 something.
At this point I, also 40 something, say 'I can't believe I've never been in this place before. I used to stay around here when I first started visiting A'Dam'.

At this point, I've skinned up and sparked up. The woman is looking at me strangely like she didn't expect I was a first timer.
Once I am wiped, it suddenly occurs to me that it's not my first time, nor my second time nor anything less than dozenth time in there and that I've had talked with the woman on a few of them!
She agrees to the extent of laughing and putting on a track which immediately sends me into a whole complex memory chain circa 1997. She doesn't bother to say whether she remembers more at which point I'm into that 'Don't Ask' moment of eternity.

And so on..

God I love this place! :P
banshee beat

Post by banshee beat »

I've had the seres from here about 10 days ago. It's not as strong as the old dampkring one but still a beautiful heady high and sweet citrus smell that translates well into taste
Off is the new on
cant_think

Post by cant_think »

Jaybee wrote:Ever have one of those days when Amsterdam "turns" on you?

I have been going to Amsterdam frequently since 1994 and Home Grown Fantasy since then. Back in the day HGF was known for their kind buds and for being the only woman owned coffee shop around. IT has a little bit different vibe and was my favorite spot for many years. Often when showing first time visitors around it would be the first coffee shop I would take them too.

My last trip was in November 2012. On the last day of a pretty good trip everything went to hell. The apartment we were renting had some issues that the managers tried to blame on us but which were not of our doing. Basically they tried to steal our deposit. After arguing for two hours and finally getting our deposit back I had an hour to kill before going to the airport and decided to get some coffee at HGF and try to finish off the rest of my stash. In addition to rolling a couple spliffs I wanted to hit one of their glass bongs too but was told in a really nasty tone, even though no one was using any of the bongs, that if i did not buy some weed there i could not use the bongs. I tried to explain that i was a long time regular just on my way out of town, and couldnt they bend the rule for a fellow head? No dice, nasty talk and looks from a big unfriendly guy behind the bar. Just a totally nasty vibe. I guess all things come to an end and HGF has been on the decline for years but really sad that is has gotten so bad. FOr a nice friendly vibe there are lots of other shops that appreciate their customers business. I would recommend Voyagers or Green Place just to name two.

JB
Yeah like the time the barman at my local turned on me for asking if I could borrow a glass to pour my own brandy into, real arsehole he was...
Kermit

Post by Kermit »

Will be dropping in to say goodbye to this place and the most famous toilet imo in Amsterdam, just wish the cheese was as fine as days gone by :(
westhowejohnny

Post by westhowejohnny »

Bt was really friendly and pointed out two strains that were perfect for what i was looking for. Very nice amd clean ogkush amd some black domina, black domina very oldschool skunky heavy indica good to knock you out before bed and the ogkush was real nice and stoned feeling. Space cake was good and pretty sure its the reason i slept so long that night lol
jim n soj

Post by jim n soj »

Just a shame this place is supposed to be closing was looking forward to trying their Black Domina in September.
weezee

Post by weezee »

good place to sit and chill nice vibe I only brought a gram of ak47 at 14 euro :0 not happy at all at first bit moist not damp but fresh ...... have a joint ok all is said not happy throw the joint left to one side until morning and well this smoke kicked arse lovely flavours smells so my suggestion if u buy just leave aside for a little while
Gossyp

Post by Gossyp »

This is my favourite place to just. Chill but it's going to close in July due to the new rules about being to close to a school.lets stop this from happening