Amnesia

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate Amnesia

I like Amnesia
91%
I don't like Amnesia
9%

Total votes: 288

OneHighMofo

Re: Amnesia

Post by OneHighMofo »

Agreed!

Nathc84

Post by Nathc84 »

Really don't like this place..the weed is always bitty and not great...staff very rude as well.it was -2 outside and the lady kept opening the door coz she don't like smell of weed lol hold on love your work in a cannabis coffee shop..avoid this place in future.
ZBeebs

Post by ZBeebs »

Sitting here right now. Got the alcapulco gold, €15. Hits nice from the bong. Nice up high, good smoke.

Wanted the old school sativa but all they have right now is crumbs - smelled great though, I'll be coming back for that.

This is a pretty chill place. Lots of purple. My wife, who doesnt smoke, doesn't mind hanging out here.
Why drink and drive when you can smoke and fly?
memogram

Post by memogram »

Didn't buy any weed - nothing smelled too ecstatic but the fucking location omg it was the best location for a coffeeshop i ever seen, if you can take a bit of air sit outside on the table and bench directly outside the shop and people watch and stare at the canal - what a view.
dlw

Post by dlw »

I lied this place before the smoking ban and before it was redecorated.I very rarely go here now only if I can sit outside
wietzakje

Post by wietzakje »

got me some caramello pricey hash at 16 but really nice
Searching for the best weed !
wietzakje

Post by wietzakje »

was here for caramello all out bha
but bought the amnesia shiraz instead top quality
Searching for the best weed !
titus wong

Post by titus wong »

Menu as of 12.18.2017

This place doesn’t get the love it did 5 to 10 years ago, but the vibe is still bangin’. Liberty Haze melted my brain plus got a fat, juicy Amnesia Lemon bud.

Free to FBN to post on his website.
Everyone seems normal until you get to know them.
tinky

Post by tinky »

Amnesia Lemon pricey at €14 but smelt great looked better tasted even nicer. Got €20 euros worth drink and used the volcano for an hour.

Cool staff decent music. Will be back tomorrow for a look at the NYCD.
GorillaGlue

Post by GorillaGlue »

Last time I was here in March of 2015, me and a buddy had just spent a long day walking around the city when we stumbled upon this place. I had heard it was a great spot so decided to stop in.

It was around 8-9 PM, not very busy though. When we walk in a lady at the door asks for "our i.d.'s". Pretty standard, as me and my friend are in our early 20's. So we hand them over, normal drivers licenses from the U.S. the same weve used at every other coffeshop and bar in amsterdam in our many days there. When we hand the ids over, she gives us this odd look, then says "oh these are no good, i will have to see your passport". Our passports? Really? I could see what was going on right away. She must have seen us as the american frat boy type, which given our age i could see. But we were well dressed and ready to spend money. We are not the loud types in any way, quite the opposite. Hadnt had a drop of alcohol that day. We gave her no reason to think we wouldnt be polite well paying customers.

Either way we walked out and have not tried going back since. I will be visiting again in April and still want to give it a shot.

Anyone else ever have this problem at Amnesia?
CopenhagenCouple

Post by CopenhagenCouple »

It's actually pretty standard many places, they'll only accept a Dutch ID, passports or an EU driver's license. We always bring our passports for that very reason (DK driver's license will usually do, but better safe than sorry).

CC
Always know where your towel is! :wtf: :lol:
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

You'll have this experience in just about any/every coffeeshop dependent on the emotional whim of your budtender I'm afraid.
It's not based on your age either. I'm closer to 50 than 20 and I've had it happen to me at least twice in the past decade.
Put simply: The Dutch (and mainland Europeans in general) don't hold retail courtesy in as much esteem as you'll be used to in the US.
Welkom in nederland. :wink:
Fat_old_dwarf

Post by Fat_old_dwarf »

Two questions:

Is the Amnesia menu the only coffeeshop menu to use a serif typeface? And is this the saddest question that has ever been asked on this forum?
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

Fat_old_dwarf wrote: Fri 19th Jan 2018 04:40 pm Two questions:

Is the Amnesia menu the only coffeeshop menu to use a serif typeface? And is this the saddest question that has ever been asked on this forum?
I very much doubt it! And no that's not a sad question (well maybe it is - but I'll join you in wondering) as I'm obsessed with type.
There are some SHOCKING menus about town though. Awful, awful, awful.

1e Hulps headers are serif:

Abraxas, Baba too and many more I'm sure.
What on earth made you wonder that?
GorillaGlue

Post by GorillaGlue »

Thank you for the info. I had always been a little confused about that encounter. But that makes sense now. Ill make sure to bring them with us next time.