Amnesia

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate Amnesia

I like Amnesia
91%
I don't like Amnesia
9%

Total votes: 288

gapie

Re: Amnesia

Post by gapie »

GetHigh,DoStuff&Dont give a FUCK!
__parky

Post by __parky »

Last time I was here (a couple of years ago) the bud tender refused to sell me because of my identification! I was using my UK driving license but I was told they only accepted passports. Is this still the case?

I don't like carrying my passport out with me in case I lose it!
friso

Post by friso »

parkytechno wrote:Last time I was here (a couple of years ago) the bud tender refused to sell me because of my identification! I was using my UK driving license but I was told they only accepted passports. Is this still the case?

I don't like carrying my passport out with me in case I lose it!
Some budtenders don't acknowledge a foreign driver's license as a form of identification, simply because they don't know it is a valid way of identification.
What ever they say, don't get angry, or you will probably get thrown out immediatly. Tell them it is a perfectly fine way of identification, or politely ask if they can check with their colleague if it's a valid way of identification. As always, politeness alone, will come a long way.

The dutch government is very strict towards coffeeshops (technically coffeeshops are illegal), that's why some budtenders can look a bit paranoid towards customers. If you want to be a 100% sure that you can buy your weed, carry you passport with you. I use a safe innerpocket of my jacket for things like that.
Supervaporizerman

Post by Supervaporizerman »

Amnesia menu was good this last week, lots of good choices currently viewing on coffeeshopmenus.org worth a look if you're headed out there.

I really go here for the Dr Grinspoon. Goodness it was looking extra scraggy this time but then it always does. It is pricey but I have a feeling you get it 1 euro under the sky high Barney's price - bear in mind 16-18 week flowering, leggy growth, low yield though. At least some justification for this one..... don't get how Greenhouse can sell common or garden strains for 15 though, that's daylight robbery. Anyway it was good, all dripping crystals under Amnesia's microscope, lovely daytime high if you can stomach the price (17 euros / G?). 9/10

Amnesia Shiraz excellent also, not sure how pure it was but a lovely add-on to the Grinspoon hit. And they have the hash pads for the Volcanoes in Amnesia now same as Bluebird. 8.5/10

Never got to the Amnesia Gangster, knowingly at least. I ended up with too many bags to know which was which. Next time I'm taking one of those CD markers. Most of it is obvious of course (e.g. nothing else looks like the Grinspoon, nothing smells like old skool Diesel or Amnesia) but there's always a couple of bags you can't work out what they are late in the evening :oops:

Anyway - recommend Amnesia for a visit at present. BT was cool and knowledgeable as well. Also he went away saying 'you know what, you've convinced me now I'm going to try hash in a vaporizer' (or words to that effect). Good guy, good conversation, shame I had to run....
spliphy2

Post by spliphy2 »

The definitive Dr. Grinspoon strain is found here. It was very good, loved it. Much better than Prix d Ami's or Katsu's version.
sourdeez

Post by sourdeez »

My friend picked up a big bag of original haze it was nicely dried, smoked nice and easy, subtle haze flavour nothing mind blowing tho just like a happy chill mood enhancer 8)
mokum

Post by mokum »

Liberty haze, orignal haze, and nycd are fire at the moment. Nycd probably the best deal at 13 euros.

Amnesia is a expensive shop buy they do sell some good cured weed.
neal420

Post by neal420 »

Tried to pick up their LSD late last thursday. Budtender was kind of rude. First of all he did not show me the tub. Did not let me smell or see properly. My friend was keen on the LSD so i went for 1g without checking it properly( I never do this). The somalian lookin(not intended racist, I am ethnic my self :wink: ) budtender started putting sticks and leaves on the scale. Asked him politely if he "could try to fit some good nugs" the response i got was "they do not grow in one gram nugs". No shit! But his tub contained nugs from 0,5 and up. At this point my friend also got sick of this dude and boicotted the LSD bacause of him. Wished him a good night without any response and left.

I stopped by maybe 10-15 shops on my trip. Everybody was keen to show tubs and even let you choose which nug you want. Only bad experience was here.
MeanGreenMartian

Post by MeanGreenMartian »

Nothing new for Amnesia unfortunately. I have left this place on a couple occasions due to rude or pushy budtenders. It sucks cause it used to be one of my favorite shops to chill at....great coffee and beautiful canal views outside . Hopefully they wise up.
FlyByNite

Post by FlyByNite »

New menu for Amnesia dated May 9, 2016. Kudos to Super VM.

http://www.coffeeshopmenus.org/Amnesia/ ... nesia.html

Enjoy
FlyByNite
wietzakje

Post by wietzakje »

asked for some shiraz sold out
asked for some caramello sold out
grrrrrrrr
got me a nepal hash instead looked nice ! but would preferred a caramello or shiraz ;p
Searching for the best weed !
GabarS

Post by GabarS »

I like this place. I've been going here for years now and little has changed, which is a good thing. Prices can be a little steeper than other shops nearby but I've never been let down in terms of quality of bud. The BT has always been okay I guess, pretty straight forward and to the point. I have noticed they don't respond too well when the shop is really busy and the queue is getting long. They crack down on heavy tobacco use pretty quickly which is good as it's not a huge place. Nothing worse than the smell of golden Virginia from the next table spoiling your enjoyment of some nice bud.

The seating area isn't huge but can fit around 20 people or so without being too overcrowded. The long sofa bench thingy is pretty comfy. Chairs not so much. There are a couple of seats outside the front facing the canal which is nice.

The hot toasties are pretty banging. Drinks wise I usually just go for mango juice or chocomel but had a milkshake here and that was also pretty good.

Will be back here end of October and will update if anything has changed but I hope it hasn't as this place has been a favourite of mine for years.
wietzakje

Post by wietzakje »

amnesia shiraz very nice hash !
Searching for the best weed !
Haggdogg

Post by Haggdogg »

Went in here on my last trip at the end of last year, as I was passing. Inexperienced bud tender made for an entertaining start. Took ages to serve anyone and when he did, he proceeded to ID a local, who must've been at least 40. Odd.
Anyway, was a really big menu, I had the Acapulco gold(sp?) from the connisuer section and it was delightful. Great taste and high. Unexpected gem.
cainedspaniard

Post by cainedspaniard »

Amnesia Coffeeshop -

http://imgur.com/a/vKMLu

Positives:
Nice , comfortable seating!
Visually nice to chill in,
Volcanoes available at no cost. They also have couple nice glass bongs.
Cheap drinks

Negatives:

I find it hard to locate,
Weed isn’t anything special, (on occasions or the right day)
Staffs mood can vary.
Expensive buds

I’ll start this off by mentioning i don’t come here all that often, since I lived here maybe I purchased like 15 times in total and in there only a couple more. As I sit here I wonder why I don’t come chill here more often but then again the longer I stay the more i realise the reasons why i don’t. I haven’t purchased any buds yet but i’m sure that’ll change the longer I stay here. (spoiler alert it doesn’t)

As always I want to mention I am not just reviewing the weed but the coffeeshops experience as a whole, I am not promoting or affiliated with any coffeeshops! This all is my opinion and thoughts, I am not a connoisseur of cannabis but a stoner with the idea to inform others as they visit this great city!

So i always find it difficult to get to this place, i’ve been living here 2 years and still everything looks the same, however I the best directions I can give are: Find our beloved Grey Area, walk down the street so that GA is on the right hand side and turn left, it’s like 50m down the road.

So Amnesia unlike others provides outside seating, this is cause in the summer they pretty much have a perfect spot, it’s beside the river which makes it a relaxing smoke, happily sit all day watching the boats go by. Being able to do this while also being able to get a milkshake with whipped cream for 4euro only makes the experience better. (Thats in summer, winter outside isn’t so dreamy)

On first glance the visuals in this place are something i think makes it stand out, the dark decor in which they’ve incorporated the purple lights and purple candles makes a nice chill environment, should you be walking past at night you’ll defiantly be intrigued to visit. Once you enter you’ll see most all the seats are comfortable (photos attached) I find this a rarity. I’ve mentioned before the back breakers which laughably coffeeshops call seats!!! In a couple of places the seating is awful and not been thought about at all! Just a thought, i’m 26 and saying this, I hate to think what it’s like for you older readers. However this isn’t the case in Amnesia, as soon you enter you’ll see on the right next to the door 3 individual tables in a line accompanied by cushioned chairs on one side and a nice sofa like seating on the other (always go for the sofa side) From this in front of the seating on the left hand side (opposite the counter) you’ll find the same seating set up with a much longer sofa like thing and rather than 3 tables you’ll find 6, again in a line going along with the chairs. As well as all the nice seating I guess I should mention that next to the door on the left you have 6 stools with a bench to roll but this isn’t the best seat for a long stay.

The weed seems alright, you’ll see from the menu it’s not cheap here! Not one strain less than 12 euro which in Amsterdam i think is crazy. You can get dank get 8 euro if your smart about it so to not have even a 10 euro strain is bold. Also they seem pretty big on the whole no tobacco or maybe its just one of them days. I know the situation with tobacco use in Amsterdam coffeeshops but most allow you to get away with it as long as you don’t have it on show. I’ve been here what …. 3/4 hours and i think it that time i’ve heard it be mentioned a well over 10 times by a couple of the bud tenders, on top of that they provide he tobacco substitute on each table so you can’t give any excuse. That being said i’ll roll with tobacco like I do in all the c/s and just hide it and never have it on show.

While writing this I still haven’t purchased but I did meet a new friend from Scotland, him and his mrs happily shared a lemon haze joint he rolled, was nice, 14Euro… wasn’t most flavoursome lemon i’ve had but nice smooth high which can’t be complained about. After looking at the menu they have a couple stains that appeal to me like the Vanilla Kush but usually I buy this in Mr K and I know my buddy who wanted a review will be reading this dying for me to review the Amnesia but in truth and i’ll allow the criticism to follow but i’m not a big amnesia fan. I think theres so many flavours and strains why go for a standard boring Amnesia? Granted it’s a strong tasty stain but if i’m going boring I would much prefer a Super Silver Haze, I think the taste and high are very similar but the Silver in my mind always has more of a fresher buzz. Sorry Kieren.

Another plus about this place that i think would attract many is the fact they have the Volcanos Vapes available at no charge or restriction. There are 2 placed next to each other, unfortunately there not placed on the sofa seats but the stools just next to the bar. (the hard life you vapers have) I think is a great aspect to the coffeeshop, as there not in every shop and here your allowed to change the temperature. A couple of places in the city have vapes that are stuck at one temp level or simply the vapes are damaged and haven’t been replaced. Amnesia allows you to vape however you want and both the vapes seem in really good condition which is really cool.

In the end after checking out the Vanilla I thought I would leave it, i will get couple photos of the shop and menu but I won’t be getting any buds here on this occasion. Both weed reviews will be based on the strains I smoked from the people, I don’t like doing this as I much prefer to roll my own joint but after looking at couple strains i’m not going waste money. Ill go another time for some bud when I think the batch is better.

To Summarise:
I think Amnesia is average spot, its a good chill with couple mates as the place has a good layout considering the space, the weed isn’t the best in town but that isn’t always the main thing, I wouldn’t spend big bucks here but its not bad. A bigger factor to compare it to other places are the staff, they could be more friendly and seem they want to work there. I sometimes feel they want to get you in sell you weed and that’s it. I wouldn’t say they want you to leave asap but there’s just no care in the sale, there not bothered what you buy or what they sell you. When i’ve asked in the past about the buds and asked to look at a couple I think 60% of the time I get argo or something is mentioned; it’s not like Funky Monkey. I think this place is a good spot if your thinking about going to Grey Area as you can never sit down so better to know about this around the corner. GA is tiny but then again the weed is better so go there first grab couple bits and if there is no seating then come around the corner buy a coffee and have a seat. If your with a group I think they will ask you buy some weed as well as a drink but should you be a couple or on your own I think coming here and just getting couple drinks would be no issue. (let me know if that isn’t the case)

Edit one:
I hate interrupting my reviews with added information and I find it easier doing it like this. While being in here and after I wrote about my first friend I made another. Couple guys from Israel, chilled nice chaps but after speaking to them about the trip we started discussing the weed they bought. Now i’ve mention in all my posts I am not afflicted with any shops and all thoughts are my own, I love this as even if I do get in a little trouble I can pretty much say my thoughts and not have anyone to answer to. On that note! The guys i just met bought the Cookie Kush for 17Euro! Now I’ve mentioned in other forums about how the expensive weed isn’t always the best and should you decided to spend 16/17 maybe 18 euro on a gram make sure it’s the dogs bollocks. These guys aren’t massive smokers so I didn’t say it to them and I’m sure there not to bothered but for 17euro I think the buds are shocking! I did a review the other day at Johnnys where I got myself a cookie cream for 11, granted it’s trimming wasn’t the best but its wasn’t 17 euro and had much more of a cookie smell and taste thought-out the bud. The only time I spend 17+ is at the bigger named places that really care about the buds GreenPalace or Voyages, 16 at Easytimes on the Kosher, Mr K and E1Hulp. (Boerejongens I love but you don’t need to spend big to get real nice flavours here) but my point is if you buy weed sold at that price range then to buds needs to be 10/10 and this batch of Cookie Kush isn’t even 7/10?!

Edit 2: Thanks for the kind words on my last reviews chaps, I really appreacite it and glad to know it's a good read!!!
i'm your doctor, when in need; want some coke, have some weed