Amnesia

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate Amnesia

I like Amnesia
91%
I don't like Amnesia
9%

Total votes: 288

Spaldwickapeface

Re: Amnesia

Post by Spaldwickapeface »

It was my first time in Amnesia yesterday, it was unsurprisingly busy considering the rain falling outside. I have used Barney's before and knew that this was the sister shop, so I was hoping for the same high quality weed at the slightly cheaper price. I had a look at the Liberty Haze €15 per gram, it was getting towards the end of the tub but there were still a few nice little nuggets that the bud tender could get a good a gram out.

The bud was less sticky in comparison to the batch I had bought from Barney's in September, it smelt nice when broken up and I was was looking forward to trying it. The weed was a pleasant, relatively strong smoke but I have had better Liberty in the past. I had been raving about this strain for the last two months, this was good but unfortunately not as nice.

This experience has left me wondering does Barney's get first pick on the batches, leaving Amnesia as the poor relative or was I just unlucky? Hmmm

I like bananas, monkey nuts and grapes. That's why they call me Sam of the apes
banshee beat

Post by banshee beat »

To be honest, I much prefer Amnesia. The staff have always been really friendly towards me and very invested in getting me what I want whereas Barney's seem to just want to get your money and shove you on your way. Also, with the exception of tangerine dream, I can get everything that I'd want to get from Barney's plus more - acapulco gold being consistently great and easily one of my favourite amsterdam sativas.
Off is the new on
seouleast70

Post by seouleast70 »

Thanks for the heads up, banshee. Amnesia had always been one of my favorite stops. Always had great to excellent service.
Acapulco gold. Hmmm.... Sounds like a great filler sativa for my hasj.

Peace
Not long now....
banshee beat

Post by banshee beat »

I've been getting the AG on every trip (I think nine now) since 2009. It's never failed. Try it alone first to experience it on its own but it does go well with a good maroc
Off is the new on
seouleast70

Post by seouleast70 »

banshee beat wrote:I've been getting the AG on every trip (I think nine now) since 2009. It's never failed. Try it alone first to experience it on its own but it does go well with a good maroc
Nice. Would Thai be good for filler for hasj or is there ok shake to be had? I am thinking of asking the BT's if they have any bottom of the tub stuff for a cheap price. I don't want to use tobacco.
Thanks!
Not long now....
Padge247

Post by Padge247 »

Some shops sell shake (sometimes advertised as Gruis I think). Ibizia have Mini Haze (which is shake and small buds from other buds) for 6e p/g. Basic stuff from Yo-yo can serve as a good cheap filler.
banshee beat

Post by banshee beat »

Padge247 wrote:Some shops sell shake (sometimes advertised as Gruis I think). Ibizia have Mini Haze (which is shake and small buds from other buds) for 6e p/g. Basic stuff from Yo-yo can serve as a good cheap filler.
+1

I'd say don't go for thai or most other outdoor stuff as the taste is quite strong but not in a good way usually and you wanna get that hash taste cutting trhough the mix. Get your basic gruis/mini haze/haze mix etc.

Edit: I've seen cheap shake (and the like) at dampkring and anyday, which are both definitely worth checking out for hash anyway
Off is the new on
seouleast70

Post by seouleast70 »

Thank you. I have Anyday marked down for Gruis. I'll just ask as the last time I was there, more than a few places were willing to get rid of the shake at the bottom of the tubs for a few coins.
Appreciate it. I will stay away from the thai.
Not long now....
cgarr04

Post by cgarr04 »

Stopped into Amnesia this evening to sample some of the hash, shop was busy but no one was buying at the counter.

I asked for their best hash and the BT suggested the Azila (15€) which I thought was a little unusual considering there was 4 additional hashes on the menu which were 1€ more expensive. Anyway, it was a nice golden hash. Spicy aroma with morroccan undertone, lightly pressed and a fluffy texture when heated briefly. Enjoyable to smoke but not really worth it's money. 7/10

They also had some Nepali creme(?), if I remember correctly. It was 16€. Black, extremely soft, sticky, oily texture; should be stored in a cooled environment. It's a hard task to make a joint with, but after smoking it I had to wipe the sweat from my forehead. It's actually quite a light taste despite it's looks however it's a strong black hash and a nice contrast to the Reserva I normally smoke. 9/10

Looks like a nice place to chill however it's always busy and the weed is a little expensive in my opinion.

-cgarr04
cornish pixie

Post by cornish pixie »

Stopped in for one of there Icey lemon mint drinks which last for a eternity. Well worth the 3 euro. Didn't buy off the menu but enjoyed the vibe for a hour or so.
"If you can, then do "
Rasputin

Post by Rasputin »

Went to Amnesia after reading all the good reviews on here. Must say I was a little disappointed in the shop itself, even though their menu is pretty great (loads of medal-winners, pricey though, as you'd expect). The vibe in the place was a bit off - the budtender seemed pretty grumpy. When I asked if I could borrow a pipe she looked at me like I'd said something ridiculous, gave me an old glass pipe that hadn't been cleaned out at all. At least she said bye when I left, I dunno ... I tried the Liberty (16E a gram) on her recommendation, and the Laughing Buddha (about 13E a gram I think). Both really nice, but I went to other shops to smoke the rest of it, and won't be going back. Must admit it's in a good location - maybe it's a lot nicer in the summer.
archtop1971

Post by archtop1971 »

Stopped by Amnesia around Jan.9th 2014.
Was treated great as usual.
Was here on March of 2013
I told the budtender that I did not smoke in almost 25 years because of my profession(Random Drug testing in N.Y.)
He was very helpful and directed me on what to start with.
Think I had a joint of cherry-berry? not sure?
Will visit again on my next trip as long as it does not get too crowded. :mrgreen:
MK Ultra

Post by MK Ultra »

Tried the Amnesia Shiraz hash here this morning. Very, very nice. Not cheap but excellent quality.

Beautiful location for a shop. Nice vibe.

Not the wonderful shop it once was but a good quality shop for tourists still.
shekelz07

Post by shekelz07 »

Liberty (€15 g) - some airier leafier nugs and some much denser well trimmed nugs in the bag i got. The more dense buds had a nice aroma, smoked nice with good flavour and gave a decent stone. the more leafy ones not so much ... so mixed really! smell - 8. taste 8.5. effect 8.

Acupulco gold (€15 g) - amazing aroma from this one its sweet and fruity whilst still being skunky and earthy really complex smell which i loved. buds were perfectly cured and trimmed deffo one of the smokes of the trips i love this stuff could smoke it all day!!! smell 9.5. taste 9.5. effect 9.

Amnesia gangster (€16 g) - really strong amnesia haze smell from the tub ... nice big buds which were bright green in colour and had a good coating of crystals. maybe a tiny bit sticky but not really a problem. a good bit of bud but just not quiet to my liking i much prefered the acupulco gold. smell - 8. taste - 8. effect 9.
MK Ultra

Post by MK Ultra »

The Dr. Grinspoon's a very, very nice Sativa. Really clear, strong high. Excellent daytime smoke. Always get really good service from all the staff and the bearded BT, think he's been there years now!